The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,861 to 34,880 of 40,529 messages
15/11/2012 at 08:22
ES - Wilmslow is too expensive, but like NI says it is local; well organised; the timing is perfect for mara training and it has great depth so you can measure yourself against a quality field. You also get a very good quality tech t shirt.

Also the roads a properly closed and it is fast and scenic.

So shut your mouth, how can you say, they go about things the wrong way?
15/11/2012 at 09:03

I forgot to say yesterday- Please don't mention Hanson again because I end up with Mmm Bop in my head all day.

Plod- If Seagull wants to run in Liverpool or the seaside town they forgot to close down then what difference does it make to you?! YOU shut your mouth!

15/11/2012 at 09:46

Mort - I think that seaside town actually is closed now. This is why the political parties annual PR exercise, AKA 'the party conference', which were often held there in the past, are now occasionally held in the city built by Morrissey.

The lights are left on in September and October for the tourists.

That thing in your head is apparently known as an 'ear worm' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm). I don't thnk there is a cure.

15/11/2012 at 09:48
re Mort - Bigmouth strikes again!
Edited: 15/11/2012 at 09:48
15/11/2012 at 15:07

JS - was that you that won the run further competition?

Folks - can I ask you all to take a couple of minutes to vote for my friend..she is looking for crowd sourced funding to promote a website for fitness etc

vote here 

Thank you  voting closes at 6PM...today!

Edited: 15/11/2012 at 15:07
15/11/2012 at 15:19

ooh! clairster - I'm going to have a day off work next week to go and recce round the Hebden route if you're interested...?
(this applies to anyone else btw, but I know clairster is mad for the Calder Valley)

15/11/2012 at 21:27

GBM - not sure if you were thinking of a Sunday run but I won't be able to make it - chest infection! I knew something was brewing!

16/11/2012 at 07:44
Clairster - Good job you're on the ball! I get a load of running related emails all of which I just delete atm without reading but I do vaguely remembered seeing one from Run Further so i've just sifted through the deleted folder & there it was. Looks as though I might have done . I'd completely forgotten I'd entered that & I wasn't going to bother, glad I did now. Thanks for pointing it out
Edited: 16/11/2012 at 07:49
16/11/2012 at 11:23

Wilmslow Half is certainly way too expensive.  Some of the organisational costs are high (road closures particularly) but even so the cost has risen just based on what can be charged and got away with compared to Great Manchester Run etc.  No person or company is making any money out of the event.  The "profit" is used to support the rugby club, the hockey club and large grants are made to local charities.  The running club has benefitted from the improvements to changing rooms.  Personally I don't mind paying a bit to support local sports clubs and charities but I think that we should make it clear where the money comes from and where it goes.  I have been asking for a couple of pie charts in the programme for many years.

But, the prizes are good at Wilmslow - £125 voucher for winning PPP's category.  Also it is the national championships, a great event and well organised by Malcolm's team.

I can't fault the S10.

16/11/2012 at 13:31

RB-"bite" size diagram would do  

16/11/2012 at 14:21

Heatons runners.... Anyone doing a long on this Sunday morning?

May also do Burnage as part of training run, yes a training run!

Oh, JS replacement road bike should be turning up soon

16/11/2012 at 16:50

If I ever get permission for a graphic I'll draft in BHB to do the analysis.

parkrun is ok as a "training run" whereas a big city marathon can surely never be.

16/11/2012 at 17:28

Minnie6--No problem. 

I finally got round to reading the Hanson article. Apart from our long runs being longer than 16 miles i don't think its too far from what Jonah8, FOAR, UB, RC and myself do for our marathon training. The most important session to us is the 14/15 mile marathon pace runs on the MW and, as i said in my Amsterdam report, it was those sessions that trained me physically and mentally to go sub 3. 

16/11/2012 at 18:36
GBM-cheers! Cakes will be ready for the next run!
16/11/2012 at 19:21
RB don't mention pies - you will get SARQ salivating. SARQ I may do both. Might see you tomorrow.
17/11/2012 at 13:14

Quads were still tight from Thursday so plodded 7.5 easy miles instead this morning and bumped into PPP.

BHB, I've arranged to meet PPP at 8 o'clock at the LIz. Doing around 14miles steady pace. All welcome.

17/11/2012 at 15:02
Wondered why you not there SARQ. Managed 18:10 today so should replot my graph!

I think 8 is too early but if I change my mind will see you there.
17/11/2012 at 15:42

SARQ - Oooh, that sounds exciting. Did you not like your other bike? Does this mean your injury woes are a thing of the past?

17/11/2012 at 16:05

JS, my other bike is now in Japan! Sold it on ebay.

I wouldn't say my injuries are a thing of the past, my back still gives me stick but Ibuprofen and cocodomol does wonders, although I don't want to be on them for too long. Achilees is still there but I'll just live with it and cyycling should help it.

17/11/2012 at 16:51

Daz - would lvoe to but I cant take any time off

Anyone with injury woes, here is an Alter-G gravity treadmill at the Northern in Didsbury, going to a dmo soon so will report back!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.