The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,061 to 35,080 of 40,468 messages
09/12/2012 at 16:27

Well that was bloomin hard work. Ran a smidgen over 68 minutes and a pb so maybe I need to start doing some flat 10 mile races. Think I got 2nd LV40 prize but too cold to wait and M needed to be off so we could watch football. Very well marshalled race and thank you to everyone who was organising and marshalling. Will be back next year to try and get 1st LV45.

09/12/2012 at 16:33

Well done to everyone involved in the Stockport 10! 

Ni--JMC was so happy at beating Aidy Nutter that he burst into tears at the finish. I didn't have him down as the emotional type! 

09/12/2012 at 16:35

Just seen the PDF results and I have been missed off them. M says I was 10th lady behind Jayne Lawton.

Second time in as many races with chip timing that I have been missed off the results.

09/12/2012 at 17:04
GBM is talking bollocks!

Was late arriving at Woodbank but picked up number and managed to have a crap within 5 minutes of arriving which says a lot for the organisation.

I genuinely was I'll last week and only decided to race this morning.

Had a really good race, paced it well and felt strong all the way round for a 40sec PB. beating Ady and Plod was a bonus, just a shame BHB wasn't man enough to show his face so I could have beat him as well.

Great organisation all round, thanks and well done.
09/12/2012 at 17:21

Enjoyed the S10 after a week with almost no running trying to manage my newly acquired PF. ES and his team did an outstanding job, a big part of the reason why this event is so popular. WITGB will be horse for about 2 days after a great performance as the announcer. Missed winning my age group by 3 seconds, but that is a good incentive to keep up with the training. Some great times by WSBC members today. 

09/12/2012 at 17:54

Well done all runners and helpers today in the S10, another well run event by ES. Started at 7.00am finished at 1.30pm and only saw the two last runners!!!

09/12/2012 at 17:54
Really awful day today. Getting beat off JMC! Really lacking in sharpness . Need to drink less and do more quality training.

I am just glad bhb wasnt there to beat me as well, not to menyion just about anyone else.

Great organisation and superb marshalling! Thanks
09/12/2012 at 18:24

Proud to be associated with the race and SHAC today. Big names on the "numbers" was genius - a great help for us marshalls in shouting encouragement!

Well done everyone connected!

09/12/2012 at 18:26

..oh.. and the runners inspired me to get out this afternoon and do a cheeky 16 miler over to Buxworth. Got the direction wrong though - out with wind behind and then a desparate 8 miles back into a gale and up hills...i'll never learn

09/12/2012 at 18:28
Well done JMC by the way! You ran a good race.

My jaw is aching from the gritted teeth!
09/12/2012 at 18:29
Really awful day today. Getting beat off JMC! Really lacking in sharpness . Need to drink less and do more quality training.

I am just glad bhb wasnt there to beat me as well, not to menyion just about anyone else.

Great organisation and superb marshalling! Thanks
09/12/2012 at 18:50

Well done Eric on sorting out a great event, not that I was about the race much but from out on the course in mickeys car heard no complaints.

Best moment, GBM being told off by the police for not flashing in the park, he also managed to exceed 10mph

09/12/2012 at 18:51

someone remind us how to tell people how to rate the race on runnersworld

09/12/2012 at 18:53

SW - sorry you were missed off the results.  I have your prize at the track and can let you have it tomorrow night.  You will be put into the results in due course.

09/12/2012 at 18:54

TST - look up the race under EVENTS and then add rating, thanks.

09/12/2012 at 20:11

Cheers ES. I am a sad desparado so I would quite like it to go on Power of 10. Has anyone else been missed? I dont think the chips attached to numbers work as well as the chips you wear on your shoe. Maybe I need to start rolling across the finishing mat rather than running over it.

09/12/2012 at 20:42

Well done to all those involved in organising and helping with todays event.

Before GBM or any one else gets any ideas, I dont think anyone would like you to flash in the park, or is my deprived existence brining the wrong meaning to this.

10/12/2012 at 07:28

Boston marathon training starts today, hope it's the kick up the arse I need.

10/12/2012 at 08:38

Thanks to ES and the team for another great Stockport 10 "Rubbish but Brilliant" indeed.  The chilli tasted brilliant.  And the marshals were brilliant standing out in the rain before we'd started.  PPP was rubbish.  JMC brilliant if only for his rubbish acting with his "chest infection".

Good to see NI coming back into race shape although I did think for a while that I might just run him down.  I had a bit of fun forwarding the initial chip time text onto a couple of WRC mates 53.08 was looking pretty good for a while.

Surely Boston hasn't got anything that you can't find at the Stockport 10?

10/12/2012 at 08:49

... and the Brian Leigh start was brilliant although inevitably we did go on the "w of the whoosh" of the rocket.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.