The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,061 to 35,080 of 40,185 messages
07/12/2012 at 19:11
J8 - why not?
07/12/2012 at 19:44
Recommend the Gamma. Just spent the last week looking up a chimney flue with one. Picked out a big cornice of soot that kept threatening to drop into my face as I was pointing the inside brickwork. Apparently people use them for running too although it's a long time since I did any of that it could be a rumour.

Good luck to those organising/marshaling/racing/training running the SK10 on Sunday. Would love to help but I am working nights.
07/12/2012 at 23:17

I'll be away for the S10, so good luck to runners, organisers and marshalls.

Before I go will run to Woodbank for parkrun.  GBM, if you are there we could go for your sub 19 attempt.

08/12/2012 at 14:25

Jonah - just in case you're wondering where all your shoe laces and belts are, GBM and I have just been round to your house and removed them.   If you can drop those goody bags off for Lynda and John that would be great.  Thanks for the generator, paint and cable ties.  Enjoy the match tomorrow, cheers.

08/12/2012 at 14:44
J8 - have you morphed into JMC then?
08/12/2012 at 14:48
UB - are you benched?
08/12/2012 at 15:10
PPP - Yes, J8 here
08/12/2012 at 16:35

Good luck everyone tomorrow! I have moved from my sick bed to my sick chair in front of the fire whilst watching Gilette Soccer Saturday! I even managed a stroll over the field before! Progress!

08/12/2012 at 20:53
Hope you have a great race tomorrow, especially the organisers and helpers. Fingers crossed for not completely awful weather!
09/12/2012 at 15:13

Well done everyone with the S10 - M6 is now dozing by the fire!

09/12/2012 at 15:48
Thanks to all the marshalls who stood out in the cold today and those who did all the various jobs round the track. Well done to ES and everyone else for putting on another great race.

Finished 7th in 55:20ish, 1:20ish outside my pb but I would have taken that result before the race. Felt fairly strong and ran consistent splits after allowing for the hills. I just need to crack on over the winter and get back in top shape again. 4 XC races to come now, all next year though.

I am now slouched on the settee eating fudge and watching snooker.

Well done to the other racers especially JMC for finally beating Aidy! Stockport won both the men's and women's team prizes.
09/12/2012 at 16:27

Well that was bloomin hard work. Ran a smidgen over 68 minutes and a pb so maybe I need to start doing some flat 10 mile races. Think I got 2nd LV40 prize but too cold to wait and M needed to be off so we could watch football. Very well marshalled race and thank you to everyone who was organising and marshalling. Will be back next year to try and get 1st LV45.

09/12/2012 at 16:33

Well done to everyone involved in the Stockport 10! 

Ni--JMC was so happy at beating Aidy Nutter that he burst into tears at the finish. I didn't have him down as the emotional type! 

09/12/2012 at 16:35

Just seen the PDF results and I have been missed off them. M says I was 10th lady behind Jayne Lawton.

Second time in as many races with chip timing that I have been missed off the results.

09/12/2012 at 17:04
GBM is talking bollocks!

Was late arriving at Woodbank but picked up number and managed to have a crap within 5 minutes of arriving which says a lot for the organisation.

I genuinely was I'll last week and only decided to race this morning.

Had a really good race, paced it well and felt strong all the way round for a 40sec PB. beating Ady and Plod was a bonus, just a shame BHB wasn't man enough to show his face so I could have beat him as well.

Great organisation all round, thanks and well done.
09/12/2012 at 17:21

Enjoyed the S10 after a week with almost no running trying to manage my newly acquired PF. ES and his team did an outstanding job, a big part of the reason why this event is so popular. WITGB will be horse for about 2 days after a great performance as the announcer. Missed winning my age group by 3 seconds, but that is a good incentive to keep up with the training. Some great times by WSBC members today. 

09/12/2012 at 17:54

Well done all runners and helpers today in the S10, another well run event by ES. Started at 7.00am finished at 1.30pm and only saw the two last runners!!!

09/12/2012 at 17:54
Really awful day today. Getting beat off JMC! Really lacking in sharpness . Need to drink less and do more quality training.

I am just glad bhb wasnt there to beat me as well, not to menyion just about anyone else.

Great organisation and superb marshalling! Thanks
09/12/2012 at 18:24

Proud to be associated with the race and SHAC today. Big names on the "numbers" was genius - a great help for us marshalls in shouting encouragement!

Well done everyone connected!

09/12/2012 at 18:26

..oh.. and the runners inspired me to get out this afternoon and do a cheeky 16 miler over to Buxworth. Got the direction wrong though - out with wind behind and then a desparate 8 miles back into a gale and up hills...i'll never learn

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.