The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,221 to 35,240 of 40,393 messages
29/12/2012 at 12:29

Eric--Glad you're on board. I'm looking forward to taking the p*ss out of you on Tuesday. 

Thanks to all for the Grindleford/paddy field recce yesterday. Great day out! 

Last time i was in The Crispin................

29/12/2012 at 12:55

Sorry I didn't make the run yesterday but it would of probably finished me off!!!

Getting better now so I can start my marathon training.

I'm having my usual New Years Eve party again this year, all welcome.

Give me a shout if you would like to come along so I know how many curries to order.

29/12/2012 at 14:12

J8-good to hear from you, was going to give you a ring as you didn't seem to be your happy self, but i've deleted all my contact numbers on my mobile, it's a long story, might see you tomorrow.

ES/GBM-agree with the thread situation, problem is, all the usual suspects seem to be doing other things:-

SARQ-will be on his bike

BHB-will be measuring his WAVA, although with a little difficulty

JMC-will be rubbing himself with his stick

PPP-will be having his hair done

and like Eric, they're all probably trying to lose some weight.

29/12/2012 at 16:19

Glad you enjoyed your recce - I waved to the train from the house as you passed! One day I may feel fit enough to join you!

29/12/2012 at 17:21

Minnie-how are you? you say that every time and then you're off like a spring lamb.

30/12/2012 at 09:41
J8 - the promise of a phone call from TB, now that's guaranteed to bring anyone back to life. They should offer it on the NHS. reckon that would be TBs ideal job.

ES - the 'hard' run on Xmas eve finished me off. Had hideous man flu since. No wonder you were so keen to shake my hand at the end if the run. You'd probably dropped off at Stepping Hill to collect a dose of Norovirus.
30/12/2012 at 14:09
Got back from a 20 miler this morning to discover I have a place in a 10k tomorrow which I was on the waiting list for. Great preparation! Not expecting a pb.
30/12/2012 at 14:11

JMC-that's what comes of being nasty to your fellow man, had the vomiting, if not, there's still  time , tbh, don't think the NHS could afford me, but it's a thought.

ES/GBM-you missed a great run and feast this morning.

TST-saw a picture of you this morning, after you'd been to A&E, what's that all about.

Isaac- thanks for the hospitality.

30/12/2012 at 18:40
TB - I don't do vomiting, haven't thrown up since I went fishing for mackerel in a small boat on a family holiday when I was 15!

Something to do with a lack of drinking ability and 20 years canoeing on British rivers which have a high sewage content.
30/12/2012 at 19:33

TB - all fine here, thank you, just not v fit - did 50 mins today which is my longest run for ages. Just need to keep adding to the miles. M6 has had manflu all week but he now needs to get running.

TST - hope the arm isn't too sore - looks awful!

30/12/2012 at 22:02

Lots of familiar faces at the Adlington Winter Warmer this morning and plenty of positive comments.

Might make it an annual event.

31/12/2012 at 13:30

Kwaka - the Adlington Winter Warmer was very enjoyable - even though the route is mainly flat, the canal sections are challenging. An annual event would be welcome!

01/01/2013 at 10:05

Happy New Year to all. May we all find the motivation from somewhere to keep running!  I'm currently thinking of having a gap year as i've lost my mojo but i will probably change my mind once i have got rid of this virus and joined Pete Powells beginners group. 

01/01/2013 at 13:19

In the spirit of ES & GBM's desire to re-introduce an appropriate level of p*** taking to the thread, I have to say that the lack of interest among the WBSC members in the WBSC Jantastic Team is pathetic and doesn't bode well for the commitment to spring training by thread members. Consequently, the Captain has abandonned ship (which has now sunk) and swum over to the Marple Parkrunners team. In the unlikely event that any of you are still interested in Jantastic and the Marathon Talk spring training motivation programme, here is the link: http://marathontalk.com/challenges/spring_motivation.php?action=details 

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to everyone!!

01/01/2013 at 14:08

GBM - might join you in the beginners group. After 10 days of selection box scoffing, I am the right size and shape.

Waddled round Ward Green 6  on Sunday and won a hairdryer and curlers and a nice little trophy for 1st ladies team. Was a 2 lapper with a stinking big hill.

So its official now that Andi Jones has joined Stockport. Thats a good signing!

01/01/2013 at 16:56
Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year break. I had a bit of flu over xmas which meant 5 rest days in a row but seem to be fully recovered now.

If anyone is planning to go to Jenny Knass' do next Saturday and hasn't let her know could you let her know ASAP please so she has an idea of how many people are going. Or let me know and I'll tell her. Cheers.
01/01/2013 at 19:35

Happy New Year!  Can't wait to get back to work tomorrow so I can get in to a routine again which will mean running to and from work.  I need to get rid of the extra timber I've put on over the last few weeks!

NI - I've obviously been black balled from Jenny's do because I don't know anything about it! 

01/01/2013 at 19:58

Eric--Only the cool kids like me were invited! I'm looking forward to the 'Andi Jones signing' do this Friday too. 

01/01/2013 at 20:00
Not sure where NI's post has come from as I was speaking to Jenny last night and she's fully clued up on who's going & numbers. I'll be in touch with those going on 12th in the next few days with further info.

ES - You obviously ignore my posts then in which case you probably won't read this one! BUT, just in case you do, here's a link to what i put on here over a month ago. http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/clubhouse/the-wanna-blista-social-club/105197-1747.html
Invite is still open.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
01/01/2013 at 20:12

JS - I remember now!  I dismissed it because I will be involved in a weekend of Birthday Olympics somewhere in Europe!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.