The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,221 to 35,240 of 39,517 messages
26/12/2012 at 10:24

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

Quick reminder re: Grindleford run on Friday.  7.30am train from Marple (7.35am New Mills Central).  Arrives Grindleford at 8.11am.  The train we aim to get back is the 12.29pm from Grindleford.  Allowing for the fact that it's a short run to/from the start/finish area that gives us 4 hours to do the recce.  As some of us have not run that distance for a while and it could also be heavy going with the wet weather, it could be a close call as to if we get this train!  If we miss it we will have to get the 2.29pm so it will mean having a pint and something to eat in Grindleford - so a win win situation!!

GBM - are you ok to pick FOAR up at 7.10am and me up at 7.15am?  Cheers!

26/12/2012 at 10:27

21st October -- 10 stone.

26th December -- 11 stone. 

I think i better start marathon training!! Off to the Waterloo in a bit to see how much poo comes out of my arse during the 5k. Hopefully about a stone. God knows how i will get round the Grindleford recce!!

26/12/2012 at 10:29

Eric--Cross posts! Yes, thats fine. When is the last train back? 

26/12/2012 at 11:59

Monday!

27/12/2012 at 14:19
Merry Christmas one and all. Me and Isaac Hunt will be doing Grindleford recce and defo getting the later train as we are both even fatter than GBM
27/12/2012 at 15:28
Not going in the morning, have a good day
27/12/2012 at 18:10

Hope you all enjoy Grindleford, much rather be with you

27/12/2012 at 21:25

Hope you all had a good Xmas.

Might try and join you tomorrow at grindleford-8.15am at the start? if so, i'll travel direct by car but don't wait!! if you're delayed 07860 830298

28/12/2012 at 01:25

RACE LIST

Thu 27 Dec - Sunrise to Sunset ultra - clairster
Fri 28 Dec - Grindleford Recce - Jonah, FOAR, UB, GBM, Eric 
Sun 30 Dec - Adlington Winter Warmer 10k Trail - RB, BB 
Sun 30 Dec - Ward Green 6 - SW 
Mon 31 Dec - liverbird double day 1 - clairster
Tue 01 Jan - liverbird double day 2 - clairster
Sat 05 Jan - Greater Manchester XC champs - NI 
Sun 13 Jan - Manchester Area XC - Boggart Hole - RB, PPP, BB 
Sun 13 Jan - Lamb's Longer Leg FR (Hayfield) - Daz 
Sat 19 Jan - The Hebden - Daz 
Sun 20 Jan - 4 Villages Half - GBM, SARQ, Poacher, BB, PPP, BT, RC, Jonah8, JMC, FOAR, TB, RB, BHB 
Sat 26 Jan - Northern XC champs - NI 
Sat 26 Jan - Kinder Trial - Daz
Sun 10 Feb- Manchester Area XC - Woodbank - BB, NI, RB 
Sun 17 Feb - Wrexham Village Bakery Half - Daz, BB, mort, GBM, RB, ES 
Sat 23 Feb - National XC champs - NI, RB 
Sun 03 Mar - High Legh 10k - RB, BB 
Sat 09 Mar - Grindleford Gallop - ES, GBM, BB, Jonah, FOAR, TB, MH 
Sat 09 Mar - Haworth Hobble - Daz 
Sat 09 Mar - Dambuster Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ 
Sun 10 Mar - Trafford 10k – NI
Sun 10 Mar - Cambridge Half - RC 
Sun 17 Mar - Oulton Park Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ 
Sun 24 Mar - Wilmslow Half Marathon - BB, NI, FOAR, RB, BHB 
Mon 15 Apr - Boston Marathon - Jonah, FOAR, BB 
Sun 21 Apr - London Marathon - GBM, FOAR, MH, RB, RC 
Sun 28 Apr - Manchester Marathon - ES, Jonah, mort 
Sun 05 May - Richmond Park Marathon - NI
Sun 12 May - Chester Half - Mttb
Fri/Sat 17/18 May - Daz's BG
Sat 01 Jun - Notts world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon -Mttb

28/12/2012 at 21:36

Well the sun was out this morning for the Grindelford recce, thanks to Foxy,Isaac, WITGB, GBM and ES for the company and Xmas lunch afterwards. Hope you all made it back in time for the train, although GBM was doing his best walking impression of John Wayne and should be eating his way through a pizza about now and i think WITGB was suffering with slight hyperthermia.

WITGB-thank CC for her nutritional advice, it seems to work

29/12/2012 at 10:01

Yes, a great day yesterday.  To put in a 22 mile tough run at this time of the year is great base building for the start of marathon training.

GBM - I agree with your New Year resolution idea of bringing this thread alive again.  It's the quietest and least interesting it's ever been in the nearly 6 years it's been active.  We could do with the entertainment factor with WITGB and Isaac returning regularly at the expense of losing some of the drivel (Morticia?! only joking! ).  Humour and good friendly banter with lots of p*ss taking.  As we all get a year older and less competitive maybe we only have this left!

29/12/2012 at 12:29

Eric--Glad you're on board. I'm looking forward to taking the p*ss out of you on Tuesday. 

Thanks to all for the Grindleford/paddy field recce yesterday. Great day out! 

Last time i was in The Crispin................

29/12/2012 at 12:55

Sorry I didn't make the run yesterday but it would of probably finished me off!!!

Getting better now so I can start my marathon training.

I'm having my usual New Years Eve party again this year, all welcome.

Give me a shout if you would like to come along so I know how many curries to order.

29/12/2012 at 14:12

J8-good to hear from you, was going to give you a ring as you didn't seem to be your happy self, but i've deleted all my contact numbers on my mobile, it's a long story, might see you tomorrow.

ES/GBM-agree with the thread situation, problem is, all the usual suspects seem to be doing other things:-

SARQ-will be on his bike

BHB-will be measuring his WAVA, although with a little difficulty

JMC-will be rubbing himself with his stick

PPP-will be having his hair done

and like Eric, they're all probably trying to lose some weight.

29/12/2012 at 16:19

Glad you enjoyed your recce - I waved to the train from the house as you passed! One day I may feel fit enough to join you!

29/12/2012 at 17:21

Minnie-how are you? you say that every time and then you're off like a spring lamb.

30/12/2012 at 09:41
J8 - the promise of a phone call from TB, now that's guaranteed to bring anyone back to life. They should offer it on the NHS. reckon that would be TBs ideal job.

ES - the 'hard' run on Xmas eve finished me off. Had hideous man flu since. No wonder you were so keen to shake my hand at the end if the run. You'd probably dropped off at Stepping Hill to collect a dose of Norovirus.
30/12/2012 at 14:09
Got back from a 20 miler this morning to discover I have a place in a 10k tomorrow which I was on the waiting list for. Great preparation! Not expecting a pb.
30/12/2012 at 14:11

JMC-that's what comes of being nasty to your fellow man, had the vomiting, if not, there's still  time , tbh, don't think the NHS could afford me, but it's a thought.

ES/GBM-you missed a great run and feast this morning.

TST-saw a picture of you this morning, after you'd been to A&E, what's that all about.

Isaac- thanks for the hospitality.

30/12/2012 at 18:40
TB - I don't do vomiting, haven't thrown up since I went fishing for mackerel in a small boat on a family holiday when I was 15!

Something to do with a lack of drinking ability and 20 years canoeing on British rivers which have a high sewage content.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.