The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,241 to 35,260 of 40,150 messages
30/12/2012 at 19:33

TB - all fine here, thank you, just not v fit - did 50 mins today which is my longest run for ages. Just need to keep adding to the miles. M6 has had manflu all week but he now needs to get running.

TST - hope the arm isn't too sore - looks awful!

30/12/2012 at 22:02

Lots of familiar faces at the Adlington Winter Warmer this morning and plenty of positive comments.

Might make it an annual event.

31/12/2012 at 13:30

Kwaka - the Adlington Winter Warmer was very enjoyable - even though the route is mainly flat, the canal sections are challenging. An annual event would be welcome!

01/01/2013 at 10:05

Happy New Year to all. May we all find the motivation from somewhere to keep running!  I'm currently thinking of having a gap year as i've lost my mojo but i will probably change my mind once i have got rid of this virus and joined Pete Powells beginners group. 

01/01/2013 at 13:19

In the spirit of ES & GBM's desire to re-introduce an appropriate level of p*** taking to the thread, I have to say that the lack of interest among the WBSC members in the WBSC Jantastic Team is pathetic and doesn't bode well for the commitment to spring training by thread members. Consequently, the Captain has abandonned ship (which has now sunk) and swum over to the Marple Parkrunners team. In the unlikely event that any of you are still interested in Jantastic and the Marathon Talk spring training motivation programme, here is the link: http://marathontalk.com/challenges/spring_motivation.php?action=details 

Meanwhile, Happy New Year to everyone!!

01/01/2013 at 14:08

GBM - might join you in the beginners group. After 10 days of selection box scoffing, I am the right size and shape.

Waddled round Ward Green 6  on Sunday and won a hairdryer and curlers and a nice little trophy for 1st ladies team. Was a 2 lapper with a stinking big hill.

So its official now that Andi Jones has joined Stockport. Thats a good signing!

01/01/2013 at 16:56
Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone had a great xmas and new year break. I had a bit of flu over xmas which meant 5 rest days in a row but seem to be fully recovered now.

If anyone is planning to go to Jenny Knass' do next Saturday and hasn't let her know could you let her know ASAP please so she has an idea of how many people are going. Or let me know and I'll tell her. Cheers.
01/01/2013 at 19:35

Happy New Year!  Can't wait to get back to work tomorrow so I can get in to a routine again which will mean running to and from work.  I need to get rid of the extra timber I've put on over the last few weeks!

NI - I've obviously been black balled from Jenny's do because I don't know anything about it! 

01/01/2013 at 19:58

Eric--Only the cool kids like me were invited! I'm looking forward to the 'Andi Jones signing' do this Friday too. 

01/01/2013 at 20:00
Not sure where NI's post has come from as I was speaking to Jenny last night and she's fully clued up on who's going & numbers. I'll be in touch with those going on 12th in the next few days with further info.

ES - You obviously ignore my posts then in which case you probably won't read this one! BUT, just in case you do, here's a link to what i put on here over a month ago. http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/clubhouse/the-wanna-blista-social-club/105197-1747.html
Invite is still open.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
01/01/2013 at 20:12

JS - I remember now!  I dismissed it because I will be involved in a weekend of Birthday Olympics somewhere in Europe!

01/01/2013 at 21:12
JS - Jenny mentioned last night that no-one off here had responded yet so I thought I'd just post a reminder.
01/01/2013 at 21:31

Eric - Were the black balls a result of the chafing ?

SW - Well done on the prize - keep eating the selection boxes !

I walked to Hyde and back today to watch the mighty County. Can I put the miles on Fetch ???

01/01/2013 at 22:03
ES - I guessed you would be. Have fun!

NI - I think the beer must have effected your hearing as I never heard her say that and people have replied.

SW - Sorry, in all the confusion I forgot to say well done. Never heard of prizes like that before, its a shame though as I can't imagine you'd need hair curlers.

FOAR - I say go for it.
02/01/2013 at 08:29

JS -  cheers and you are right - its straightening irons I need not curlers. Other ladies prizes on offer were a jewellery box and a Davina McCall aerobic step so I did okay! It is a proper old school race - there was a food laid on free for runners afterwards at the Ward Green working mens club with pork pie, black pudding and bread and dripping.

02/01/2013 at 08:48

JS - How do I officially reply?

Still ill.

02/01/2013 at 09:00

SW--Did Tommy Trinder and Arthur Askey provide a bit of post race entertainment? 

02/01/2013 at 09:37
SW - Bread and dripping?! Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen!

JMC - You just say if you want to come and whether your OH will be coming and I'll let JK know.
02/01/2013 at 10:42

Is it Fri or Sat?

02/01/2013 at 12:49

JMC--Bloody hell, its like feeding a baby!!! Open wide, here comes the train! 

"The Trotters are putting on an end of fundraising celebration event or 'closing ceremony' so to speak at Marple Cricket Club on Saturday 12th January to mark the end of the amazing fundraising efforts for The Christie and to show appreciation & thank people for their generosity and support. 

The evening will involve team quizes and games to entertain everyone, the bar will most definitely be open and we'll end the night with some music and dancing. 

There will be no further requests for donations on the night but if you would like to pop a fiver in the box on the way in, this will cover the costs of the night (except the bar tab!) and any left overs will obviously go into the fundraising pool. 

It would be great if you could come and so to keep track of numbers please can you confirm whether you and if you have one, your OH are able to make it." 

Who's a clever boy?!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.