The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,281 to 35,300 of 40,480 messages
08/01/2013 at 09:13

https://eventdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&EventDesqID=1336&OrgID=3918

Yorkshire marathon in York in October. Should be flat.

08/01/2013 at 09:45

LOL BHB - it really is thrilling isnt it

I seem to have obtained an entry for 4 Villages..eeek!

08/01/2013 at 09:51
BHB - That is very impressive!

However, members of the jury, cast your minds back to the famous detective Columbo, this is an exact transcript of a conversation he had with BHB;

"Er pardon me though sir, just one more thing?"

"What is it inspector, I really must start my midweek tempo run!"

"Sorry sir, this won't take but just a few moments of your time. But I was wondering, how long was the "long run?"

"What do you mean inspector?"

"It's er, dectective. You said the er, Park Run was in the middle of a long run didn't you?"

"Yes Detective, but I really must be.."

"...Anyways, it seems to me that you can't have been back in time to commit the crime if you did a long run. The park run begins at nine, doesn't it?"

"Yes detective, that is correct, what is all this about?"

"Just bear with me here please, it's a small thing, I am no marathon runner, you guys must be nuts, I can hardly walk around the block these days! But a good buddy of mine, Alberto, he's run a few marathons and he told me that a long run is anything over say 15 or 16 miles, seems crazy to me but would you agree?"

"What are you getting at detective?"

"Well it seems that looking at you training log you registered about 10 miles that day, 3.5 before the race and 3.5 after? Is that right?"

"I don't see where all this is leading detective"

"Sorry sir, I know this is going round in circles, er, so to speak. But even at easy pace, 3 miles after the race, you could have back before 10 which is around the time the neighbour reported seeing an ageing athlete with a limping gait, making off with her valuable collection of porcelain dogs. You said you did a long run which would have meant you were back much later. Would you like to help me out here sir? I can't see how 10 miles is a long run? Maybe you could explain sir?"
Edited: 08/01/2013 at 09:52
08/01/2013 at 10:37

PPP - I'm going to give up counting the days and weeks until Season 3 of Homeland. Can't wait for the next installment of Colombo in Stockport now....

08/01/2013 at 12:09

And that was from a teacher on his 2nd day back, when in theory he should be snowed under!

Perhaps BHB really is flying!

08/01/2013 at 12:53

PPP, how do you find the time?

BHB has been training for months to make sure he's gives me a good kicking at 4 villages, with the added bonus of taking PPP's and possibly JMC's scalp. There's no excuses if he doesn't.
I'm way off last years fitness, so 4V is a good benchmark to see where I'm at (I won't be using it as a training run). I reckon I'll be around 1.23, anything better I'll be pleased, if it's worse then it will be a sh*t run from myself. I'll do the no watch thingy so at the 10 mile point I'll know how it's going.

BHB 1:18:xx
SARQ 1:23:xx

08/01/2013 at 13:19

Are you stalking me Inspector Plod?  I thought I saw some scruffy looking man in a flashers mac watching me.  I'm glad you felt concerned enough to check me out on Fetch.  Am I doing enough tempo runs, are they too slow or too fast etc....

How did I manage to make it a long run when I was back home soon after 10?  Well, I met ES after the parkrun and I did a few miles on his magic treadmill before leaving.  And how many miles are required for it to be a long run, for a non marathon runner?  (I did a 16 mile run the day after, and I would call that extra long!)

I will see how I go at 4V and if I do OK may do a marathon anyway, but as you have pointed out my toe is giving me some jip so don't want to overdo things at my age.

Anyone else going to post an expected 4V time?  Is there a vets team prize? Could we get it?  4V attracts some top runners so maybe a long shot.

08/01/2013 at 13:31

And JMC, he's an art teacher.  "Here's a bunch of flowers now go away and draw it" - how hard can that be?

BHB 1:18:xx
SARQ 1:23:xx

08/01/2013 at 13:31

RACE LIST

Sun 13 Jan - Manchester Area XC - Boggart Hole - RB, PPP, BB 
Sun 13 Jan - Lamb's Longer Leg FR (Hayfield) - Daz 
Sat 19 Jan - The Hebden - Daz 
Sun 20 Jan - 4 Villages Half - GBM, SARQ, Poacher, BB, PPP, BT, RC, Jonah8, JMC, FOAR, TB, RB, BHB 
Sat 26 Jan - Northern XC champs - NI 
Sat 26 Jan - Kinder Trial - Daz
Sun 10 Feb- Manchester Area XC - Woodbank - BB, NI, RB 
Sun 17 Feb - Wrexham Village Bakery Half - Daz, BB, mort, GBM, RB, ES 
Sat 23 Feb - National XC champs - NI, RB 
Sun 03 Mar - High Legh 10k - RB, BB 
Sat 09 Mar - Grindleford Gallop - ES, GBM, BB, Jonah, FOAR, TB, MH 
Sat 09 Mar - Haworth Hobble - Daz 
Sat 09 Mar - Dambuster Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ 
Sun 10 Mar - Trafford 10k – NI
Sun 10 Mar - Cambridge Half - RC 
Sun 17 Mar - Oulton Park Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ 
Sun 24 Mar - Wilmslow Half Marathon - BB, NI, FOAR, RB, BHB 
Mon 15 Apr - Boston Marathon - Jonah, FOAR, BB 
Sun 21 Apr - London Marathon - GBM, FOAR, MH, RB, RC 
Sun 28 Apr - Manchester Marathon - ES, Jonah, mort 
Sun 05 May - Richmond Park Marathon - NI
Sun 12 May - Chester Half - Mttb
Fri/Sat 17/18 May - Daz's BG
Sat 01 Jun - Notts world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon -Mttb

08/01/2013 at 14:06
I told you, it's detective, you are confusing me with Virtual Lurker. Anyway, I am a Virtual Plod and he is a real Plod and you do not have to say anything in case it harms your defence! Which it has, because a long run for half-mara training is over distance surely!

And yes, I am impressed with your training, particularly the long tempo efforts. You've been a very good (old) boy recently haven't you?

Re 4 vills. I will be happy with 1:16:xx (unless JMC and/or BHB and/or SARQ are in front of me) as I am not in peak shape. It is not really flowing just now though so I would not be that surprised if I ran a bit slower. But unless it is run in poor conditions I think I will be there or there abouts. Having said that I may go off at 1:15 pace but that definitely wont last long!

SW- that York Mara does look v interesting! I might well fancy that one.
08/01/2013 at 14:06

BHB - On the back of my Stockport 10 performance I reckon sub 1:15 is out of the question but I could get annoyingly close, say 1:15:59. It sort of depends how much my recent man-flu has affected me.

08/01/2013 at 14:08
JMC - Surely Man-flu wont affect you as you have been living with it non stop for every race you have ever done?
08/01/2013 at 14:29

Children, here's a bowl of fruit now draw it whilst I post on RW.

08/01/2013 at 15:05
It's surreal collages at the moment actually!

Year 12 and 13 are on study leave. However, I do have 2 lesson observations coming up which I need to prepare for.
08/01/2013 at 15:39

That York marathon runs straight past the inlaws house and about a mile past where I used to live. Wouldn't expect too much City of York scenery, only about half a mile of it goes through the touristy bit.

08/01/2013 at 17:58

RACE LIST

Sun 20 Jan - 4 Villages Half - GBM, SARQ, Poacher, BB, PPP, BT, RC, Jonah8, JMC, FOAR, TB, RB, BHB 
Sat 09 Mar - Grindleford Gallop - ES, GBM, BB, Jonah, FOAR, TB, MH, Kwaka!
Sun 24 Mar - Wilmslow Half Marathon - BB, NI, FOAR, RB, BHB, Kwaka!
Sun 21 Apr - London Marathon - GBM, FOAR, MH, RB, RC, Kwaka, ST
Sun 28 Apr - Manchester Marathon - ES, Jonah, mort, Kwaka, ST
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Mttb

08/01/2013 at 19:03

RACE LIST

Sat 09 Mar - Grindleford Gallop - ES, GBM, BB, Jonah, FOAR, TB, MH, Kwaka!
Sun 24 Mar - Wilmslow Half Marathon - BB, NI, FOAR, RB, BHB, Kwaka!
Sun 21 Apr - London Marathon - GBM, FOAR, MH, RB, RC, Kwaka, ST
Sun 28 Apr - Manchester Marathon - ES, Jonah, mort, Kwaka, ST, UB
Sat 07 Sep - Bullock Smithy Hike - UB
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Mttb
Sun 20 Oct - Yorkshire Marathon - UB 

08/01/2013 at 23:37

PPP-could you please explain for us non arty people what a "surreal collage" is and does it come in one colour or two?

09/01/2013 at 08:06
TB - this kind of thing;

http://www.hilarypecis.com/uptonogood%28site%29.jpg
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/hannah%20hoch

DTS - I have PM'ed you. However, friday the 19th is the Christleton 5k which I, and I would imagine, quite a few others would not like to miss.

Blimey, VLM is not qoing to fill up at this rate! are you doing it JMC?
09/01/2013 at 08:23

PPP--So cutting bits of pictures up and sticking them on a random background is classed as art is it?! Where is the talent there? All you need is a tiny bit of imagination! Even that useless arsehole Tracey Emin can do better than that! God, i hate the art world! And the fashion world! There are a few with geniune talent but most of them are a bunch of pretentious dicks! 

I feel better now! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.