The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,481 to 35,500 of 40,199 messages
24/01/2013 at 21:38

Jonah/SARQ--I'm happy to run somewhere different and the Tiviot Dale loop is fine with me. How about we meet at Woodbank Park car park at 8 am? 

BB/Jonah8--Thanks for the run earlier! 

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 21:39
25/01/2013 at 09:22

GBM- Woodbank park sounds good to me.

SARQ- Is that ok with you, as you know the route.

25/01/2013 at 09:41

J8 no problem, however I may have to duck out as my 11 year old decided he wants to do a park run at Burnage, will know later on when I get home if he still wants to do it.

25/01/2013 at 09:46
NI - I cant make the northern xc due to family stuff, unfortunately.

I may try and make the Run from Woodbank car park, IF the kid's football matches in the morning are cancelled (unfortunately, one of them plays on astro-turf so it probably wont be).
25/01/2013 at 13:15

Count me in for Tiviot loop.

25/01/2013 at 15:00

As there's going to be snow I don't think my son will be running, so I should be there at the big wodbank car park, we'll do the clockwise route down vernon park.

Edited: 25/01/2013 at 17:34
26/01/2013 at 09:12
Did 20 miles home from work along Mersey in driving snow last night. It was like driving into a blizard. Think I did most of it with my eyes shut. Sorry I didn't stop Foar, was desperate to get home.
26/01/2013 at 10:30
NI - I'm going to the northerns. It looks like a clear day so should still be on despite last nights snow
26/01/2013 at 13:38

JMC - No worries, wouldn't have expected you to stop. Didn't realise it was you at first under that hood.

J8/SARQ - Thanks for the run even though I could barely walk by the end. Cracking route though even if it was tricky underfoot.

NI/BT/anyone else - all the best at the Northerns.

26/01/2013 at 15:33

SARQ/FOAR- Thanks for the run this morning, great route, nice to run round my old stamping ground from many many years ago.

Don't know about you two but my quads are mashed!!!

26/01/2013 at 18:11
Couldnt do that every week as its not the easiest of routes, but a good one though. I'm having a lie down. Got home, hoovered and cleaned the house, then did a load of others jobs, and ironing. I'm knackered. Out for a bike ride tomorrow will be fun.
26/01/2013 at 19:23

Anyone know when the cheap London Train tickets are out? I thought it was 12 weeks before but they dont look all that cheap at the moment.

27/01/2013 at 21:46

Congrats to Stockport on tremendous results at the Northerns!

http://www.frsystems.co.uk/results/northern-cross-country

just need Andi Jones on the team now...

28/01/2013 at 12:42

Well done Stockport!!!

I'm ill again!!!!  I'm currently getting more colds than Minnie6! I started feeling a bit rough on Thursday and over the weekend it turned into Man Flu!!!!!! But as i'm already weeks and miles behind in my VLM training i forced myself out over the weekend and did 3 short rubbish runs. This has made my Man Flu even worse and i have now developed the almost deadly 'Gingerbread Man Flu!!!!!!' So no running for me for at least a few days. 

M/SW--Did you need to see me tonight or will this weekend or next Monday be ok?

Jonah8--Sorry but i won't be up for the headtorch run tomorrow.

Eric/M/SW--I will let you know if i'm up for The Mickledon Straddle in a few days. 

28/01/2013 at 13:41

GBM - no rush whatsever. Get lots of vitamin c down your neck and keep warm.

Hope you are better for Mickledon as I need someone to look after M and pull him out of bogs (peat ones not the cottaging kind!) and things but its praps not the easiest race to do if you are feeling ill. The weather is bound to be sh*te on Sunday.

28/01/2013 at 15:09

Yeah well done Stockport - not often that you finish a whole team in front of WRC .  Also good results in juniors - both mini-Bobs came away with team medals.

That was a seriously tough course - foot deep muddy slush without a yard of runnable surface.

Blistas were thin on the ground though with JMC sitting it out after a tough training session last week.

28/01/2013 at 15:39

Jonah8 - I'm still up for 25 laps on Thursday - hopefully GBM will have recovered by then. What time are you starting? GBM says he wasn't well on Saturday, but he looked so good motoring through Poynton around 9.50am, I was distracted and was almost picked up by the Police speed trap!

RB - well done at the Northerns - considering the conditions, you had a great result. I'm not sorry to have missed it.

28/01/2013 at 17:12

Yes great results - senior women got gold and senior men got silver (no thanks to me). I have to say I hated every second of it. 11k of constantly trying not to trip over mounds of mud / slush / snow. This XC season is turning into a complete disaster and I'm really starting to think I'm not cut out for it.

Well done RB - great running again.

28/01/2013 at 18:39

Mr PG is getting inspired + frightened with the likes of RB impressing out of his comfort zones ! Maybe I'll stick to chasing the mini-bobs as they are pretty rapid too !

Hope to see you guys on a start line soon !  Mowgli

JS are you running  much,  I am up to 25 mpw now with a speed session pending..

28/01/2013 at 19:51

Cheap VLM train tickets available!!!!!!!!

BB--I think that should say 9.50min/mile rather than 9.50am. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.