The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,561 to 35,580 of 40,397 messages
06/02/2013 at 19:55

HL-- If you thought Kwaka was witty and humorous then i can only assume you are Kwaka! Anyway, you should get involved more.  How about a piss up at your house? 

06/02/2013 at 20:06

dont let Kwak read that post or he will never stop mentioning it. And I never thought this thread was anything other than simple encouragement for music lovers so they knew to avoid the alarming smiths.

06/02/2013 at 21:07

UB- Thanks for the run not a bad pace considering.

Track session same as last week if anyone fancies joining me.

HL - Agree with some of your comments, I think it's just gone a little stale over the last few months with people not posting anymore.

Seeing as GBM started it with a few of us many years ago, he should be the one to put it out of it's misery?

06/02/2013 at 21:27

I blame Runners World, everything was ok till they changed the format, anyway, it's good to see TST is still alive, albeit not running, but age does strange things.. What we need is more sarcasm. I've been guilty of not contributing, but there's been very little to comment on. I agree with HL, most of the runners on the thread are of a similar ability, in one way or another, NI being the obvious exception, but it would seem there is a lack of friendly competition, again we should look at a good half marathon and go mob handed, any suggestions?

06/02/2013 at 21:29

J8-i can't agree with putting GBM out of his misery, he may be unfit, injured, overweight but at least he tries, in fact, someone said to me only last week that he is very trying.

06/02/2013 at 22:42

The thread is fine, lets all cheer up! 

TB--I'm not unfit, injured and overweight, i'm unfit, ill and overweight!! 

TST--Welcome back! How are you and Management doing? 

06/02/2013 at 23:26

well 2 out of three

07/02/2013 at 07:59

ES - Mickledon straddle photos - you are actually smiling - nutter! Very sensible to use M as a wind break though.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.599702270046189.148602.100000192648894&type=1

07/02/2013 at 08:43

Its cos the thread has degenerated into an almighty backslapping fest where even the most mediocre performance is celebrated instead of having the p*ss ripped out of it. Most people are scared to race these days (BHB, ES, SARQ) and stick to races in their comfort zones. A few more people racing XC, 5k's and fell races would liven it up a bit.

The only interesting thing thats happened this year is that J8's organ is still enlarging. Not bad for a 50 yr old! 

07/02/2013 at 08:55
JMC - I haven't noticed anyone celebrating your performances and they all meet the criteria!
07/02/2013 at 09:30

PPP - I said "mediocre", not "awe inspiring"

07/02/2013 at 11:35

JMC, don't start or you'll get ES going off on one again!

I still think we should get a VETS relay stage team together this year, I'm sure there's some local ones like the northerns and we may even give Wilmslow a run for their money. And we can all slap each others back afterwards (or ripp the p*ss).

07/02/2013 at 11:43

SW - I ran the whole race either smiling or laughing.  Brilliant fun!

My take on the thread debate is that we've all been running competitively for a similar length of time (maybe 7 years).  Don't they say that when you start running you have about 7 years of progression before you start to plateau?  It could be the case that we've all reached our peak (or are on a downward spiral) and we now have no PBs to look forward to.  We've become too competitive and lost sight of why we started to run in the first place.  Age is conspiring against us, the housing market is flat, the economy can't get out of a depressive state, shares are getting battered and if anyone has kids, they're getting older not wanting to know their parents and some are flying the nest. 

We're all going through a mid life crisis so let's accept it and move on.  We shouldn't forget the good things happening at the moment - our football teams are relatively successful (County will come good!), the Harriers are in one of the best periods of their history and we still have the opportunity to laugh at GBM's illnesses and ability to blow up in races and of course JMC's lack of a personality.  Happy days!  

07/02/2013 at 12:07

ES-bit harsh on JMC, true but a bit harsh , and GBM isn't always ill, well maybe.

SARQ-the VET relays, down in Birmingham are coming up shortly, not sure what the minimum age is, i 'll find out, i did them last year and thoroughly enjoyed them, plenty of competitive spirit. 

07/02/2013 at 12:14

May 18-age cat. V35/V45-6 stage relay

V55/V65-4 stage relay

think  John Wharfe tends to organise-whose up for it, unless someone's washing their hair that day.

07/02/2013 at 12:16
ES - Nice one, still at least 2 years until I peak then! BTW Plateaus are level, you have gone over the edge of a cliff!

SARQ - I totally agree re the VETS team

Unfortunately the Masters relays at Sutton Park, either 8 x 35+ 0r 6 x 45 +

are on sat 18 may DTS's BGR! Typical!

but yeah we should try to do some teams, are look for races with vet team prizes?
07/02/2013 at 12:21
JMC - before you rightly mention it; Post Script; obviously don't use me and SARQ wimping out of xc races as an example!
07/02/2013 at 12:40

Hey, I've never wimped out of a race in my life, nor given up in one and caught a train home. The fact I don't want to run a marathon is because I don't like them. 

And SARQ, your arms would need to be very long to pat me on the back during a race.  Vets team sounds good to me. 

07/02/2013 at 14:13

BHB - oh well thats gonna really liven the thread up, digging up my only poor race performance in 7 years - you need to come up with something original.

The fact that you still haven't turned up for a XC race to support the Harriers vets team is ample evidence to me that you wimp out of the hard races.

ES - speak for yourself, I reckon I've got plenty of PBs to look forward to!

07/02/2013 at 14:14

PPP, there's only 3 of you helping out for the BG. Has he got more support to do it?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.