The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,581 to 35,600 of 40,285 messages
07/02/2013 at 14:35

I have a full set of hill supporters

but I'm still looking for road-support at Threlkeld (Friday evening) and Wasdale (Saturday morning)...

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 14:38
07/02/2013 at 14:55
JMC - To be fair to BHB, we never tire of that one!
ES- he has a point about his PB's, lets face it they are all pretty doable aren't they?!
07/02/2013 at 15:48

ES-i've just seen your result for Mickledon, 49th out of 248 is very commendable, and you're on Denby Dale's website montage of photos, are you wearing a lot of clothing? it's also a bit more enjoyable than XC and certainly more technical.

PPP-maybe those not supporting Daz's BG, might want to consider the Vets relay?

07/02/2013 at 16:05

Ha Ha! - Its getting better already. ES has deliberately bailed out of road racing because he knows none of my PBs are "do-able".

We could all retire and just use our kids performances to take the p*ss out of each other. But seeing as my lad regularly beats ES's lad and he is still a year younger, thats probably going to end up as one way traffic as well.

I suppose we could always discuss extensions and hand made furniture.........

07/02/2013 at 17:56

Well a least my little nudge has sparked it back into life

On Pb's, seeing as I don't have a 5k Pb and my 10k is very poor, I might squeeze a couple in this year if I can be bothered to do them.

Minnie- Thanks for the smile and wave earlier, I was nearing the end of my 16 mile run.

No track for me tonight

Meeting 8 o'clock at Rose Hill on Saturday morning, I think we are doing one of RC's routes

07/02/2013 at 18:45

Eric--I agree with you that the thread has been quiet lately because the housing market is flat  but i don't agree that we have become too competitive. To be honest, i think the opposite is true. When we first started running we were all quite competitive, enjoyed racing against each other and enjoyed the competitive banter on here as it was all bright and shiny and new. However, i think we have moved on from that. We still enjoy racing no matter how fit or unfit we are and i don't think we are really that arsed anymore about who we beat or who beats us. But the competitive banter side is now boring everyone to death and, having spoken to numerous people on this subject, is partly responsible for the thread being quiet. I'm also responsible for the thread being quiet as i have got out of the habit of posting on here but the comments over the last few days have given me a kick up the arse and i will start posting more and start again wishing racers 'Good Luck' and saying 'Well Done' afterwards. If anyone genuinely has a problem with me congratulating my friends no matter how they perform and thinks i should take the piss out of them then they can sod off to the forums on www.boringcompetitivebanterforknobs.com. Its time to make this thread more friendly, more encouraging, more humorous and then hopefully we can get some of the old forumites back.  

Daz/Eric/M--A belated well done for your racing at the weekend. 

X-country-ers--Good luck this weekend! 

Jonah8--I probably wont be up for Saturday but i'm hoping i can resume my VLM training next week. 

07/02/2013 at 19:09

GBM, well done on that post, yoiu did really well. I fell asleep reading about the economy and housing market by ES.

Let's get back to some lively conversation...

Anyway for those interested.... I eventually got Clairsters Garmin working on a PC running Vista, as it's difficult for a Mac to recognise it, even using a 3rd party serial to USB adaptor. I used some patch software for the Mac running 10.7 to recognise it and make  sure it wasn't faulty. The problem lies with A, The serial cable and B. Garmins original software wasn't really Mac friendly at the time and of course it utilises old connectivity hardware.

Good luck this weekend racers, you've done the training, just concentrate on having agreat race.

Edited: 07/02/2013 at 19:10
07/02/2013 at 20:03
GBM - I tried that site, but it was really boring and full of competitive knobs. Suits me down to the ground. Thanks for the "threads" up.
07/02/2013 at 20:40

SARQ - glad you got it working and i actually do have a spare ANT+ USB stick as well if you want that too (I should set up in business really!)...

07/02/2013 at 22:08
GBM - If you prefer an easy one on the mww sat, that's fine with me.
07/02/2013 at 22:11

RC--Thanks but i'm probably working on Saturday. I will see how i feel on Sunday and maybe venture out then. I won't be diving straight back in with a 20 miler anyway. 

07/02/2013 at 22:14

GBM - Well said. It is great to be competitive and to do our best when representing the club but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that for most people running is a hobby, a fantastic way of keeping fit and healthy, a social activity and a chance to take part in some great races.

J8 - See you Sat.

Race List

Sun 10 Feb- Manchester Area XC - Woodbank - BB, NI, RB
Sun 17 Feb - Wrexham Village Bakery Half - Daz, BB, mort, GBM, RB
Sat 23 Feb - National XC champs - NI, RB
Sun 03 Mar - High Legh 10k - RB, BB
Sat 09 Mar - Grindleford Gallop - ES, GBM, BB, Jonah, FOAR, TB, MH, Kwaka! Sat 09 Mar - Haworth Hobble - Daz
Sat 09 Mar - Dambuster Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ
Sun 10 Mar - Trafford 10k – NI, BHB
Sun 10 Mar - Cambridge Half - RC
Sun 17 Mar - Oulton Park Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ
Sun 17 Mar - Wolf's Pit FR (Shatton, nr Bamford) - Daz
Sun 24 Mar - Wilmslow Half Marathon - BB, NI, FOAR, RB, BHB, Kwaka!
Sun 24 Mar - Edale Skyline - Daz
Sat 30 March - Rivington Pike - ES
Sat 06 April - Pendle Hill - ES
Sun 14 Apr - Kinder Downfall - Daz
Mon 15 Apr - Boston Marathon - Jonah, FOAR, BB
Sun 21 Apr - London Marathon - GBM, FOAR, MH, RB, RC, Kwaka, ST, TB
Sun 28 Apr - Manchester Marathon - Jonah, mort, Kwaka, ST, UB
Sun 05 May - Richmond Park Marathon - NI
Wed 08 May - Rainow - ES, Daz, GBM
Sun 12 May - Chester Half - Mttb
Wed 15 May - Shining Tor - ES, GBM
Fri/Sat 17/18 May - Daz's BG - Daz, GBM, UB, PPP
Sun 19 May - Cardiff Ultra - NI
Sun 26 May - Bupa Great Manchester Run - ES, RC, BHB
Wed 29 May - Kettleshulme - ES, GBM
Sat 01 Jun - Notts world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sun 23 June - Kinder Trog - ES, NI, GBM
Sat 29 Jun - Llandudno world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Tue 09 July thru Sat 13 July - Coast to Coast Run (140 miles) - ES
Sat 07 Sep - Bullock Smithy Hike - UB, GBM,Jonah, ES, FOAR
Sun 15 Sep - Great North Run - FOAR
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Mttb
Sun 20 Oct - Yorkshire Marathon - UB, Jonah, RC

07/02/2013 at 22:37

SW-apologies to M, didn't recognise the DDT.

Btw-does everyone else have the same problem, when you copy and paste the race list, before they altered the site it was ok, now it all has to be justified (sorted).

07/02/2013 at 22:44

J8, if you do a 5k soon you will probably get on the Top 20 V50 UK rankings list; you only need to run 18:54. That would impress everyone who posts on the site www.boringcompetitivebanterforknobs.com.

But it doesn't matter if you don't 'cos you could always go to www.imcrapsopretendtobenoncompetitive,com to get your ego massaged regardless of whether you achieve it or not. 

So heads you win and tails you win too!

07/02/2013 at 23:18

Clairster, funnily enough, after all the palava about trying to get it to work etc., he upgraded to a Garmin bike version!!! So I will return the garmin to you. I could drop it off with you on my way home one night.

Then I could pick up the ANT thingy, how come you've got a spare??

I'm in no rush BTW as I still haven't figured out how to work the damn thing properly yet.

08/02/2013 at 07:48
SARQ- AFTER ALL THAT!!!!!!!!?
08/02/2013 at 08:17

GBM - awesome post, really inspiring stuff, good luck for the next one!

08/02/2013 at 08:24

TB - he is 2nd claim DDT. Tends to run for DDT in Yorkshire races - Stockport for stuff further afield.

08/02/2013 at 08:28

JMC--Thank you! I'm really insecure and so i needed my ego massaging. 

08/02/2013 at 10:28

J8, I just need to point out that I wasn't suggesting you were crap.  It was a general comment related to current theme of the thread.  I think I will just shut up and run some races.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.