The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,601 to 35,620 of 40,373 messages
08/02/2013 at 10:41

BHB - Can't believe you are posting such negative comments. I mean we all know J8 is slow - but he's not "crap".

Can't you be a little bit more encouraging?

08/02/2013 at 11:32

TB - I have no probs with the race list

Race List

Sun 10 Feb- Manchester Area XC - Woodbank - BB, NI, RB
Sun 17 Feb - Wrexham Village Bakery Half - Daz, BB, mort, GBM, RB
Sat 23 Feb - National XC champs - NI, RB
Sun 03 Mar - High Legh 10k - RB, BB
Sat 09 Mar - Grindleford Gallop - ES, GBM, BB, Jonah, FOAR, TB, MH, Kwaka!
Sat 09 Mar - Haworth Hobble - Daz
Sat 09 Mar - Dambuster Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ
Sun 10 Mar - Trafford 10k – NI, BHB
Sun 10 Mar - Cambridge Half - RC
Sun 17 Mar - Oulton Park Euro qualifier Duathlon - SARQ
Sun 17 Mar - Wolf's Pit FR (Shatton, nr Bamford) - Daz
Sun 24 Mar - Wilmslow Half Marathon - BB, NI, FOAR, RB, BHB, Kwaka!
Sun 24 Mar - Edale Skyline - Daz
Sat 30 Mar - Rivington Pike - ES
Sat 06 Apr - Pendle Hill - ES
Sun 14 Apr - Kinder Downfall - Daz
Mon 15 Apr - Boston Marathon - Jonah, FOAR, BB
Sun 21 Apr - London Marathon - GBM, FOAR, MH, RB, RC, Kwaka, ST, TB
Sun 28 Apr - Manchester Marathon - Jonah, mort, Kwaka, ST, UB
Sun 05 May - Richmond Park Marathon - NI
Wed 08 May - Rainow - ES, Daz, GBM
Sun 12 May - Chester Half - Mttb
Wed 15 May - Shining Tor - ES, GBM
Fri/Sat 17/18 May - Daz's BG - Daz, GBM, UB, PPP
Sun 19 May - Cardiff Ultra - NI
Sun 26 May - Bupa Great Manchester Run - ES, RC, BHB
Wed 29 May - Kettleshulme - ES, GBM
Sat 01 Jun - Notts world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sun 23 Jun - Kinder Trog - ES, NI, GBM
Sat 29 Jun - Llandudno world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sat 29 Jun - Buttermere Horseshoe FR - Daz
Tue 09 July thru Sat 13 July - Coast to Coast Run (140 miles) - ES
Sat 27 Jul - Old Crown Round - Daz
Sat 07 Sep - Bullock Smithy Hike - UB, GBM,Jonah, ES, FOAR
Sun 15 Sep - Great North Run - FOAR
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Mttb
Sun 20 Oct - Yorkshire Marathon - UB, Jonah, RC

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 11:32
08/02/2013 at 11:50

The race list does my head in - it takes up far too much space. Couldn't we just limit it to races I am running in?

08/02/2013 at 12:37

BHB- No offence taken, but I will have a go at a 5k race this year.

JMC- I know I'm slow, never tried to hide the fact.

08/02/2013 at 12:40

JMC-it depends if you're going to complete them
DAZ- please elucidate, you being the IT man,  as i copy and paste but it comes out continuous, and then it's hold enter and shift at the same time, to obtain each individual line which is a pain.

08/02/2013 at 13:21

TB - I have the same issue and having spent ages reorganising the list, i realised I had forgotton to seperate Grindleford Gallop from Haworth Hobble - apologies to DTS ! 

08/02/2013 at 13:30

On the subject on the race list, I'm glad to see nobody has entered Liverpool Marathon on 13th Oct. I've just had an e-mail from the organisers to say its been cancelled !

08/02/2013 at 13:43

thought it might be that you had your Forum Editor set to Basic rather than Advanced WSYIWYG, but tried setting mine back to Basic and still have no probs
also, I use Firefox, so tried IE... and still have no probs
so other than pointing out that the sun shines on the righteous, I am stumped

08/02/2013 at 13:46
OK on a more sombre note.

Some good friends of mine have three children, including a baby daughter. Their eldest is 7, he is in year 3 and goes to my boy's school. He has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. So tragically, he is going to die.

I am going to do London and Manchester marathons to raise a bit of money. Small beer to most on the thread I know, but hopefully not the wider community. I am not sure the best mechanism to make this easier as it is for an individual, any ideas? The school have a "Magic Moments" fund and have had a couple events already to raise money which have gone very well

I would like to set up an on line donation page but they are all linked to named charities it seems.

The parents don't want any attention drawn to him so I am not giving out the names on a public forum. They have not sought any help.

Anyway, the idea is to raise some money so they can spend time together, go on holiday, day trips etc. in the time they have left together.

I know loads of you do charity stuff and we all get bombarded etc etc so no worries.

But if you would like to help please PM me to pledge an amount. Unless I can find a more convenient solution.

or email

paulepayne@orange.net

I am going to enter the Manchester Marathon to raise money for Christies directly as well if anyone prefers to sponsor a registered charity rather than an individual as such. I am going to ask the kids at my school to donate to this.
Edited: 08/02/2013 at 13:51
08/02/2013 at 14:06

PPP-can't you just set up a www justgiving/paul payne page? think Clair and one or two others in the past have done this. Good luck with it all. I've raised money for "Children with Cancer" the last 6 years but most of my donations come from clients, so no need to set up a just giving page as they pay by cheque.

08/02/2013 at 14:12

PPP-yes, google just giving and you can set up your own web page, it's quite easy, and if you have a short hair cut, i'll sponsor you, especially as this is a first for you, i think all threadites have sponsored one another over the years.

DAZ-i'll investigate, i'm not going to let a mere machine beat me.

08/02/2013 at 14:30
TB - thanks for that, but I think it has to link to a registered charity, this is OK for the Christie sponsorship, but I want to raise some directly for the family?
If you see what I mean.

re the haircut! I did think about it... but two marathons is OK.
08/02/2013 at 14:51
PPP. When you set up the page I will gladly sponsor you
08/02/2013 at 14:55

I'll sponsor you PPP, and will double my donation if you have a number 1 (as in the severity of haircut, not toilet duties), and quadruple it if your wife has a number 1 too!

08/02/2013 at 15:02

PPP - I'll sponsor you but only if you get your hair cut (number 1). We all know that running a marathon is no big deal for you but getting your hair cut would be a real challenge. I'll even hold your hand at the end if you want!

08/02/2013 at 18:30
JMC - get yourself on that start line for the Bupa Mcr 10k and we'll see if you've got what it takes (although I doubt it). You'll have to run 34.30 to beat me and that goes for any of you other muppets who want to take on the challenge!
08/02/2013 at 18:42

TB - quite right I am not dead.

GBM - management is getting very frustrated lying on her side for nearly two weeks now and no running. allowing her to go and watch parkrun if she behaves tonight.
I got discharged today as my hand seems to have made a good recovery, let's hope the knee is as successful.

08/02/2013 at 19:07

Eric--Oi! No competitive banter, its boring! 

TST--Glad to hear you are both on the mend! 

08/02/2013 at 20:34
J8 - I could recognise that running style anywhere! Am trying to get M6 running in the lakes unfortunately he has a sore knee at the mo!
08/02/2013 at 21:18

GBM - is eric baiting again, good job TB isnt 60 years younger and the same youthful age or he would have had real competition.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.