The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,621 to 35,640 of 40,219 messages
08/02/2013 at 14:06

PPP-can't you just set up a www justgiving/paul payne page? think Clair and one or two others in the past have done this. Good luck with it all. I've raised money for "Children with Cancer" the last 6 years but most of my donations come from clients, so no need to set up a just giving page as they pay by cheque.

08/02/2013 at 14:12

PPP-yes, google just giving and you can set up your own web page, it's quite easy, and if you have a short hair cut, i'll sponsor you, especially as this is a first for you, i think all threadites have sponsored one another over the years.

DAZ-i'll investigate, i'm not going to let a mere machine beat me.

08/02/2013 at 14:30
TB - thanks for that, but I think it has to link to a registered charity, this is OK for the Christie sponsorship, but I want to raise some directly for the family?
If you see what I mean.

re the haircut! I did think about it... but two marathons is OK.
08/02/2013 at 14:51
PPP. When you set up the page I will gladly sponsor you
08/02/2013 at 14:55

I'll sponsor you PPP, and will double my donation if you have a number 1 (as in the severity of haircut, not toilet duties), and quadruple it if your wife has a number 1 too!

08/02/2013 at 15:02

PPP - I'll sponsor you but only if you get your hair cut (number 1). We all know that running a marathon is no big deal for you but getting your hair cut would be a real challenge. I'll even hold your hand at the end if you want!

08/02/2013 at 18:30
JMC - get yourself on that start line for the Bupa Mcr 10k and we'll see if you've got what it takes (although I doubt it). You'll have to run 34.30 to beat me and that goes for any of you other muppets who want to take on the challenge!
08/02/2013 at 18:42

TB - quite right I am not dead.

GBM - management is getting very frustrated lying on her side for nearly two weeks now and no running. allowing her to go and watch parkrun if she behaves tonight.
I got discharged today as my hand seems to have made a good recovery, let's hope the knee is as successful.

08/02/2013 at 19:07

Eric--Oi! No competitive banter, its boring! 

TST--Glad to hear you are both on the mend! 

08/02/2013 at 20:34
J8 - I could recognise that running style anywhere! Am trying to get M6 running in the lakes unfortunately he has a sore knee at the mo!
08/02/2013 at 21:18

GBM - is eric baiting again, good job TB isnt 60 years younger and the same youthful age or he would have had real competition.

08/02/2013 at 21:58

TST--Yes, 60 years ago when TB was in his late twenties he would surely have beaten us all

PPP--Any luck with an online donation site yet? 

08/02/2013 at 23:22

PPP-it looks like you can set up a web page with either virginmoneygiving or with justgiving BUT they either want money up front for setting it up or deductions are made at 2% plus card fees, but with Gift Aid (Govt. gives 28p in the pound,from private donations, it's still worth it).

I'm still working on the IT problem, so i haven't got time to reply to TST or GBM, but i'm doing a 30 miler tomorrow if you both want to join me, that's if you could keep up

09/02/2013 at 00:52

this should cheer us all up:

http://youtu.be/MyLRqDwSfI4
Edited: 09/02/2013 at 00:55
09/02/2013 at 08:47
TB - thaks for that info. You are a gent. I will look into those options.

GBM - not yet. I will post a link if and when. Cheers
09/02/2013 at 08:48

PPP - try googling MyDonate - it's a site set up through BT for charity fundraising and it's totally fee-free even for the charities themselves. So it maximises the donations.

09/02/2013 at 08:50

http://www.btplc.com/mydonate/

I raised money last year running VLM using MyDonate - it worked a treat!

09/02/2013 at 09:47

Plod- You could start up some sort of 'personal challenge' thing on here which would raise money (and improve the thread) As you said, you doing a couple of marathons is neither here nor there- you will have to set a challenging target- perhaps combined time for them will be sub 5*. Or sub 6:00 but you have to stop off at a hairdressers en route

For example, me and Daz are 'racing' each other in a Half next weekend and we could have a 'loser gives Plod £x' agreement  which might make me actually put a bit of effort in for a change

Good luck to this weekend's racers!

09/02/2013 at 09:50

Plod- That should have said sub 5 with 2 asterisks after (as I am not sure what you are capable of), I am not suggesting you do 2 NI PB type efforts back-to-back

09/02/2013 at 13:03
ES - you must be one of the most deluded people on this thread. After watching you lumber round the Schools XC course this morning I'm amazed you can even contemplate a 10k! What's wrong with Trafford10k, too competitive for you?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.