The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,641 to 35,660 of 40,361 messages
10/02/2013 at 21:05

Gosh how we've missed your wit!  I suppose you've needed to have a sense of humour this weekend.   

10/02/2013 at 21:11

I just had a look at the x country results- well done to those involved!

Was going to make a joke about JMC and the guy who finished in front of him but I won't sink to GBM level.

I await a financial challenge from Daz regarding our 'Clash of the Titans' (his words not mine!)

10/02/2013 at 23:23

Kwaka and Morticia are back as well as TST!!!  I'm feeling all nostalgic! 

Well done to all x-country runners especially Mike Hunt!  

Kwaka--So theres a party at your house and you won't be there? Sounds perfect!!

I've not run for a week because i thought it might help shift this cold, but it hasn't. So tomorrow i will start my VLM training for either the 6th or 7th time. I can't remember exactly. 

11/02/2013 at 02:00

mort - I take it your training is going better than you've been letting on?
since you're aiming for 7:30 pace and I'm aiming for 8:00, you should finish over 6mins ahead of me
but since I think you'll tie up badly whereas I will cruise through in controlled fashion, how about you give me just a 3min handicap, and the loser donates £20?

11/02/2013 at 08:07

Daz- I have not done the long runs you have done and I now have a bad knee so I think that should allow me a 3 min handicap, and when I said I would set off at 7:30 pace, that will only last for 5 minutes if last night's treadmill session is anything to go by!

No handicap!!!!!! A straight fight!!!!!

11/02/2013 at 10:09
Mort - how a about a spread type bet?

start with a pot of say 10 and deduct a pound for every minute so if you win by 2, DTS pays 7 and you pay 3, just a thought.
11/02/2013 at 11:09
DTS - obviously I might just as easily have painted a scenario where you were the victor!
11/02/2013 at 11:15

PPP-good morning, are you on half term?

No running for me yesterday, went over to Derby, and had an exciting day, came back about 8pm, up the M1 to be greeted by a snow storm and went up and over Woodhead pass about 10mph through snow.

M-hope you have a quick recovery and there's no problems (knee), you do have a wedding coming up.

11/02/2013 at 11:21

TB - is a wedding the same thing as a 'knees up'?

11/02/2013 at 11:24

Probably in M's case  I'm hoping if selected to do the BMAF relays again, had you had any thoughts?

Now i've fought through the snow, my next objective is to sort this "copy and paste" problem

11/02/2013 at 11:57

TB - If Stockport enters a team for BMAF, I am up for it. Would also be good to see a VM45-54 team this year as well.

You're making a habit of driving over the Pennines in the snow this winter. Good thing you had your IAM training.....

11/02/2013 at 13:10

I will pass on your good wishes to the patient BB and TB. Dressing has now come off his knee so he needs to apply ice to reduce swelling. He was asking for a bell to ring to let me know when he wants something fetching for him or his cushions plumping or the tv turned over. My bloomin mother has thoughtfully supplied him with part of a dogs squeaky toy that makes zoo noises when you shake it so I am now being summoned by monkeys squealing or lions roaring.

11/02/2013 at 14:09

SW Hope he gets well soon.  If he uses his squeaky toy to much Iam sure you can think of some where to put it

Does he llo anything like this clip?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

11/02/2013 at 16:34

mort - since it sounds like you're going to be hobbling round on crutches, maybe we should have a whip-round for you?
head-to-head no handicap it is then!
(but if you clock significantly quicker than 1:45 there'll be a steward's enquiry/drug test  )

11/02/2013 at 21:49

Daz- Hopefully the sign-shifter from last year will put in an appearance and create either a short cut for me or a long detour for you

11/02/2013 at 22:48
SW-haven't you got a remote for the TV, get him one of those "blow up" cushions (that's cushions!) and throw the squeaky toy away-sorted.

BB-i'll send a message to John W re. BMAF. I've suggested on the thread that the slightly younger element look to send a team, apparently, some are washing their hair that day. Re. the snow, it could have been a lot worse, we'd decided in case of bad weather not to take my Prius.
My symbols have disappeared now
11/02/2013 at 22:57

12/02/2013 at 07:45

Medical update for those interested, got signed off re the arm injury, all my fingers will go straight just time now for the muscle to heal. MGMT is off for a check up today, she has some vision but cant make out slopes which could make running tricky (anyone want to act as her guide? )

SW - I am still uncertain whether to have someone poke about in my knee, how did M manage to keep running, is he just harder than me or was it massive doses of painkillers?

12/02/2013 at 08:06

If you are being serious TST I will be running Thursday if Management would like to go for a run? I can do any time between 9 and 2 and can provide references that I am a top girl guide!

(((TST'sInjuries)))

12/02/2013 at 10:57
Due to popular demand (you b@stards!) I have decided that I will get a "SENSIBLE" haircut. So as TB suggested you could sponsor me by the mile or the inch?

please just PM me, I am keeping a tally.

thanks to all those who have already sponsored me!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.