The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,781 to 35,800 of 40,197 messages
22/02/2013 at 12:45

RC- Sorry to hear that, get well soon

GBM- I hope you can remember the route

22/02/2013 at 13:11

BHB - Apologies, I didn't reply as I assumed you were seeking speedier people running on the track.

RC - Get well soon.

J8/RC -  See you tomorrow.

22/02/2013 at 14:44

BHB--I was working late and didnt see your message until late last night, so shut up moaning!

Jonah--We can make it up as we go! 

RC--Get well soon.

FOAR--I can pick you up at 7.50 if you want? 

22/02/2013 at 15:07

GBM, as Foxy said I was directing my message to the speedier people, not you!

22/02/2013 at 16:04

BHB--Touche'!!! 

22/02/2013 at 16:17

GBM-Did my 20 miler yesterday, hands nearly got frost bite-wrap up, it may be cold.

SW-pass on my regards, how are the wedding plans going? I've been advised to stay away from the track for a few weeks, as i picked up a sprained ankle, and the bends won't help but it's ok, if i run in a straight line.

TST-so that's good news, how is Sue?

22/02/2013 at 17:32
GBM - Yes please. If route is 24 miles from Rose Hill then no need to tag on any extra by running there.
23/02/2013 at 13:35
Good run today, nice to run some new places

I ending up running the extra 4 miles on the middle wood way
23/02/2013 at 17:47
GBM - you will be surprised to know - I have yet another cold! I have the smallest but snottiest, germiest class I have ever taught!
24/02/2013 at 12:55
Longest run for ages-just short of 2 hours. It wasn't fast or mega long but we did it!
24/02/2013 at 18:16

M6s--Not bad with a cold!

XCers--Well done. It looked a bit nippy on the video i saw. 

24/02/2013 at 19:05
Yes, XC was pretty extreme, by the time the senior men ran it was 8 miles of ankle deep muddy slop! I came 337th and even managed to make it as the last counter for the Stockport mens team. I got as many points as the other 5 members of the team put together. Mini JMC had a good run and was second Stockport Harrier home in her race and well inside top half. Mini Bobs both had good races, Katie Whiteoak was 4th in U15 which was an awesome result as she is in the lower half of that age group. Steve Vernon came 2nd. Maxi Bob had a stormer.
24/02/2013 at 20:15

GBM - I know, I impressed myself! Had my "feeling sorry for myself" day yesterday and forced myself out today!!

24/02/2013 at 22:38
Well done JMC and great running by RB again. I came 191st which I'm not very happy with. Yes the course was a complete swamp again but still........

I don't think I've ever been as cold after a race. A load of us were sat in a pub near the race and I couldn't stop shivering an hour later despite the log fire and wearing all the clothes I had with me.

Trafford and Wilmslow next. Hopefully they will be a bit firmer underfoot!
25/02/2013 at 00:03

Well Done to the XC-ers! proper racing that! RB obviously thrives in the mud!

5 hours out around the Edale Skyline for me today - lots of snow/ice underfoot and biting wind for the majority, but still a picnic compared to the 6 1/2 hours in the Lakes last Wednesday, here's a pic of High Raise trig:

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/231629/gallery/icyhighraisetrig_small.jpg?width=350

25/02/2013 at 08:56

Well done all XC runners.  And NI don't jinx Trafford and Wilmslow like that!

DTS, that's an awesome picture. 

PPP, is that you house up for sale?  And remind me how I sponsor you - just text you with an amount or did you end up setting something else up?

25/02/2013 at 09:14
DTS - ditto, wow, great pic.

BHB - cheers, not my house for sale. We have driven out the neighbours. Just let me know an amount please.

Been benched for two weeks because of a bad back. So not looking good for the marathons. Did a 3 mile run last night and it felt OK, not great, so just will see how it goes. Not had back probs before so a bit out of the blue. Think I will be lucky to get round them at this rate.

Well run JMC.
25/02/2013 at 09:53

DAZ--I watched a programme last night on the north face of the Eiger. You should try that next.  

PPP--Core stabilty! Once it feels better start doing planks and side planks. TB will be on later with further details.  

Its a Monday today so that means i'm starting my VLM training again! 

25/02/2013 at 10:46

DTS Great picture.

GBM Dont forget to write another training plan.

PPP Sorry to here about your back, Ill sponser you for the hair cut £20 for above the collar.

25/02/2013 at 13:03

PPP yeah core exercises are the way forward.  Cutting your hair would reduce the load on your back too.

Well run JMC - great to count in the team.  No medals for WRC either - it was never looking likely after I lapped our 5th and 6th counters.  

NI - good to see you as promised on lap 3 - but I'm sure that you'll go a whole lot faster on dry land.

Fantastic effort and results from the juniors - just as well after driving all that way.  And all the way back caked in mud.

I'm not Malcolm, I'd actually much prefer less mud.  Sunderland would have been a great course in dry conditions.  There was "nobody older than me ahead of me" - that is a BHB sort of way of talking up my result ....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.