The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,901 to 35,920 of 40,254 messages
07/03/2013 at 22:16

Talking of swapping numbers, I can't now do the Edale Skyline. If anyone fancies a go and has got the necessary experience the organisers are asking for, then I can arrange a formal swap via the SI Entries website.

I'll see a few of you on Saturday at Grindleford 

08/03/2013 at 08:22
MH - hi, I quite fancy it but not sure they would accept me as I have not done any AL races in the last year, alhtough I have done the BGR and the Holme Moss fell race twice? hmmm. Is it fairly easy to navigate? It looks it.
08/03/2013 at 08:44

Grindleford-weather warning-received an e-mail this morning from the organisers, expect sleet and snow over the tops, full body weather proof clothing required (FRA). looking at the weather reports, it's getting worse, the longer the day goes on.

PPP-you should have no problems doing ES, but you can get lost, especially if the mist is down, and don't rely on following somebody else.

08/03/2013 at 11:33
Good luck to all those running the Grindleford , inter counties and any other races this weekend, have a good one.
08/03/2013 at 18:07

Thanks all. I am going to train well over next few months, see how that go's then enter BS just before or on the day.

Good luck to Grindleford runners for tomorrow. Shame weather isn't going to be like last weekend, but may make it more of an adventure.

08/03/2013 at 19:03

GBM J8 thanks for the run Wednesday, sorry I rushed off had to go and find food fast.

Good luck to all those doing Grindleford this weekend, sounds like it may be a character building event. 

Good luck to all others racing.

08/03/2013 at 19:13
Good luck everyone racing this weekend. I hope the weather doesn't interfere too much.
08/03/2013 at 20:12

I've sorted all my Grindleford stuff! I think i may have overpacked! 

Good luck to all runners and racers this weekend! 

08/03/2013 at 21:09
CC - like everyone has said, you have enough time, just get some miles in. I think you should consider doing some reccies though just to be on the safe side plus they are a great way of training for the actual event.

TST - sounds like the start of the Vanessa Chappell!

Good luck to everyone in their various races this weekend!
09/03/2013 at 06:56

PPP - Navigation's easy until you get to the second half and cross Brown Knoll - if the weather's rubbish, it can be a nightmare - it's pretty featureless up there - it would be worthwhile squeezing in a recce of at least the second half. And they do check your race history...but if you stick down the BGR I can't see them arguing! Let me know in good time and I can sort out the transfer.

09/03/2013 at 08:20

It's a bit late now, but unable to do Gridleford, if you can get down there by 10am start you can have my place, yet another injury, i'm a bit pissed to say the least.

09/03/2013 at 14:15

MH, PPp - Mickey tried to swap a number a couple of years ago and they were not doing swaps,he ran as them I think. The best trick to crossing brown knowle is follow a pennine vest, they seem to spend far too much time up there.

TB - that is disappointing,

Edited: 09/03/2013 at 14:17
09/03/2013 at 15:13
Great turn out by the harriers today in testing conditions under foot.

6th overall and 1st vet 50, same as last year.
09/03/2013 at 15:32

J8-well done, but we do expect that of you. 

TST-cut a long story short, had piriformis last few days, (pain in the bum, then sciatica) could hardly walk Thursday, got a quick appt. with a local physio, Friday, couldn't bend down, took Ipufuren, got up at 6.30am this morning, same problems but i have been stretching the last 2 days, 3 hours later decided to go for a run as the pain had eased and did 24 miles 8x3mile reps around Dr's Gate in 3hours 50min, doh. Just paid £240 for 2 tyres and we need a new dishwasher (£400), so a mixed day.

09/03/2013 at 18:57
Cracking day out at Grindleford for the Harriers pensioners. Awesome v60 and v50 times. I used J8 to show me the route and then tried to pick it up for the last 4 miles and catch the group in front but never even caught sight of them. Finished in 2:47, 20min off Eric's best. Even if I'd rested up for the week, new the course and set off quicker there is no way I could get within 10min of Eric's time. Should of done Trafford instead.
09/03/2013 at 19:05

Another great Harriers turn out at Grindleford and an enjoyable event as always, although by far the muddiest I have done.

I didn't have the best of races, felt tired from the start and then my Garmin packed in after 2 miles, so whereas I thought I was putting in a sub-3 effort, I actually only managed 3.12, a course PW by some distance.

On the plus side my new 'Nip Guards' were a success !

Well done on all the great performances today especially JS , Jayne L and TB (!) on winning their categories.

All the best to anyone still to race this weekend.

Edited: 09/03/2013 at 19:06
09/03/2013 at 19:15
Well done everyone at Grindleford-not a nice day for it.
09/03/2013 at 19:22

TB - 400 to replace mrs tb, you cheap skate.

good running at gg would have been the worst for years, the end food would have been welcome.

10/03/2013 at 00:24

Well Done to all Grindleforders!
I can appreciate the conditions on it, as I had them in spades on the Haworth Hobble (32M/5000ft) - character building though, and my Mountain Equipment jacket coped admirably (one of the best bits of kit I've ever bought)
I was running with a sub-7:30 time in mind and came in in 7:26 so v.pleased

oh, and Edale Skyline organiser is happy to take substitutions

Edited: 10/03/2013 at 00:32
10/03/2013 at 09:40
Well done to the hardy racers!

JS?! Is she back?!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.