The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,901 to 35,920 of 40,199 messages
06/03/2013 at 21:09

Not been on the threads for a while. Hope all training going well. I am tempted to enter Bullock Smithy again this year as really need a target. Do you think it's possible to run the BS after not running much for past 6 months (but did it last year so hopefully muscle memory is still intact), and train for it over the next 6 months?

I put a fair amount of training in last year but not too horrid training, and am thinking I could get away with a 6 month plan. I would like to think that as I know the route now and wouldn't have to recce it, I could get away with less long runs. What would you experienced BS say?

06/03/2013 at 21:30

CC - I think you would really need to be very focussed and disciplined due to not having done any significant mileage over the last 6 months.  What if we have a great summer?  Think about all those BBQs and drinks....... fat chance of a great summer though!

JMC - I have a solution to your problem!  I've changed my mind more times than I care to remember about Grindleford but my decision is now finally made - I can't lose 8 hours of my weekend due to Grindleford.  It's a pity but work and family has to come first.  You are more than welcome to my number.  It's collect on the day so just give my name.  Alternatively if you would prefer to email the organisers to let them know of the change I can always verify if they need me to.

06/03/2013 at 21:36
My guilt has gotten the better of me. I've cancelled the childminder and will do my own thing on Saturday. I've got an entry for Trafford but would prefer to get a long run in rather than cutting my miles to get a good time. If I was organising a race I'd be pretty annoyed if people ran it without an official entry.
06/03/2013 at 21:39
Doh!!
You could have posted that 10 minutes earlier!
I don't think it would take you 8 hours though.
06/03/2013 at 21:44

TB - last time i did gg there was a field start with a 100 yd dash to a ditch with a ricity old bridge or did you just good into the ditch?

06/03/2013 at 22:58

ES-i know you've cut down your training, but 8 hours to get round is ridiculous

TST- i think i was going that fast, i probably flew over it, but i do think you mean the pack horse bridge at the end of the first path, where you turn right.onto the road.

JMC-did you know there are 135 people on the stand by list and you have a golden opportunity to do one of the most popular races of the year, still not sure you'd beat Eric's time.

Anyone running in a SH vest?

07/03/2013 at 08:15
JMC, anyone else. Want to do 20-22 sat AM, early, like 7:30?

NI - forgot to say, well done on the County vest! and best of luck.
07/03/2013 at 08:21

CC--6 months is plenty of time to get in shape! Now stop poncing about and get out  running!!

TST--Your description of the start of Grindleford is correct. 

Edited: 07/03/2013 at 08:24
07/03/2013 at 08:38

CC- After last years performance it won't be a problem for you, like GBM said get out there and do some running.

07/03/2013 at 08:40

Yes, you are all right. I need to stop talking and get out there and run! Plus you can enter on the day, so may do that!

07/03/2013 at 08:53
CC - a friend of mine from work want to do the BS. First timer. He has done triathlon and cycling and is looking for a big challenge. I think he would be very grateful of finding someone in a similar position. He is not a fast runner but quite a strong and determined type!

I reckon you can do it. After all it is a Hike/run. Just set yourself a target to do it and decide on a time target depending on how well the training goes?
07/03/2013 at 22:16

Talking of swapping numbers, I can't now do the Edale Skyline. If anyone fancies a go and has got the necessary experience the organisers are asking for, then I can arrange a formal swap via the SI Entries website.

I'll see a few of you on Saturday at Grindleford 

08/03/2013 at 08:22
MH - hi, I quite fancy it but not sure they would accept me as I have not done any AL races in the last year, alhtough I have done the BGR and the Holme Moss fell race twice? hmmm. Is it fairly easy to navigate? It looks it.
08/03/2013 at 08:44

Grindleford-weather warning-received an e-mail this morning from the organisers, expect sleet and snow over the tops, full body weather proof clothing required (FRA). looking at the weather reports, it's getting worse, the longer the day goes on.

PPP-you should have no problems doing ES, but you can get lost, especially if the mist is down, and don't rely on following somebody else.

08/03/2013 at 11:33
Good luck to all those running the Grindleford , inter counties and any other races this weekend, have a good one.
08/03/2013 at 18:07

Thanks all. I am going to train well over next few months, see how that go's then enter BS just before or on the day.

Good luck to Grindleford runners for tomorrow. Shame weather isn't going to be like last weekend, but may make it more of an adventure.

08/03/2013 at 19:03

GBM J8 thanks for the run Wednesday, sorry I rushed off had to go and find food fast.

Good luck to all those doing Grindleford this weekend, sounds like it may be a character building event. 

Good luck to all others racing.

08/03/2013 at 19:13
Good luck everyone racing this weekend. I hope the weather doesn't interfere too much.
08/03/2013 at 20:12

I've sorted all my Grindleford stuff! I think i may have overpacked! 

Good luck to all runners and racers this weekend! 

08/03/2013 at 21:09
CC - like everyone has said, you have enough time, just get some miles in. I think you should consider doing some reccies though just to be on the safe side plus they are a great way of training for the actual event.

TST - sounds like the start of the Vanessa Chappell!

Good luck to everyone in their various races this weekend!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.