The Wanna Blista Social Club.

35,921 to 35,940 of 40,379 messages
10/03/2013 at 10:37

Well done to the Grindlefordians yesterday, most of whom had a far better day out than I did - it was a horror show for me!  Still that's hopefully one duff performance out of the way!

Also, for info, my Skyline entry has been taken now...

10/03/2013 at 11:16
CC - get your BS entry in, I'd like you as my running partner please, and you have loads of time to train.

Well done on all the great Grindleford performances yesterday. I did it as a walk/run, listened to the radio on the way round, chatted to some lovely people, stopped for coffee and cake, and loved every minute.

Has anyone done the Leaden Boot? One of my Grindleford chats on the way round was with a 70-yr old with a hip replacement who was raving about it.
10/03/2013 at 17:02

J O - best bet is Daz,sounds like his sort of thing

10/03/2013 at 17:31

Well done all runners this weekend !

A link to the Dig Deep races in the Peak District

http://www.digdeepraces.co.uk/

Edited: 10/03/2013 at 17:35
10/03/2013 at 17:40

Well done Grindlers!

I thought that the MWW was a bit quiet as I jogged from my long run.  It was a bit tasty over Bowstones with a nice little blizzard.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/282750068

23 miles done and hopefully at VLM I won't have done XC the day before.

Some great Stockport runs at Intercounties - Steve V 2nd, Elle 2nd and Katy Whiteoak an amazing 2nd too.  Me and NI were a little further back

10/03/2013 at 20:06
RB - who was furthest back?
Looking forward to Trafford race report. Looks like BHB just avoided a Stockport chicking and BT failed to get up in time!
10/03/2013 at 21:30
JMC - er me (again!). Finished 218th, felt a little flat from the gun but stayed quite strong and it wasn't a total disaster. Tough conditions, quite boggy in places but nowhere near as bad as the Northerns or National, ie. you could actually run on most of the course. Great to be wearing a Greater Manchester vest even if it was about 4 sizes too big!

RB - well done again. Have you decided what to spend your appearance money on yet?

Well done Grindleforders. Sounds like it was tough conditions.

Well done Daz as well.
10/03/2013 at 21:53

Mort - No it was actually J8 that won the prize not JS. Sums up my day - I even cocked-up the race report !

Well done XC'rs and anyone who got out of bed in time to run Trafford .

11/03/2013 at 00:53

Glad to win th V60 prize even if i didn't do the race.

11/03/2013 at 00:54

Er, who did win it?

11/03/2013 at 01:19

Jane-O  - TST is correct , I've done the Leaden Boot (and morticia made it as far as the first ice-cream van!) - it's a great route, v.similar in character to the Dovedale Dipper only shifted southwards - very much recommended, but I think it fills up, so best to get your entry in sooner rather than later

11/03/2013 at 09:11

NI - the appearance money didn't last past 3pm - went on hoodies and sausage barms for the mini-Bobs .

If you look on the Fetch race summary for the Intercounties you can see that NI made somebody's star scalp http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=82126

The course was pretty good really although it must have been nearly a mile short - and I really needed that mile to chase down a few more youngsters.

11/03/2013 at 09:26

RB - I am on the lookout for a Wilmslow number. Can you help?

11/03/2013 at 10:00

Off to Stepping Hill to get wired up for 24 hrs, going to go out for a run later with it on, that should throw um

11/03/2013 at 10:04

I thought you said Wilmslow vest for a moment.

There is one going on the Bramhall parkrun facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/bramhallparkrun

Sarah Louise Fazackerley

Otherwise you could try emailing Malcolm on info@wilmslowhalf.org.uk and ask him nicely - blag that you are going to run sub 1.20 and/or are crucial Stockport team counter might work.

11/03/2013 at 12:46

Best of luck J8. 

There is nothing too significant to report about Trafford.  There was a biting wind in some exposed parts, and a bit congested at the start - I should have got closer to the front.  My time (35:22) was, I think, my second fastest for 10k but I thought I might have got closer to 35:00 - but don't we always think we can go faster. 

I was unfortunate that the countries top and fifth placed V50s both decided to travel to run this race, and I finished 3rd in category.  Funnily enough had I still been a V45 I would have been 2nd! 

I don't think I can keep this high mileage diet going any longer.  Feeling tired and bored of it.  Possible I have overtrained.

11/03/2013 at 13:10
BHB - v good effort on a cold, blustery day.
I missed it as I am bidding to get some high miles in during march. But I am so slow! Hopefully a bit of adaptation will kick in at some point.
11/03/2013 at 13:23
PPP I thought you did run...according to results you were next last in about 1:30. You did say you were slow!
11/03/2013 at 14:09
BHB- that is hilarious! I thought it must be someone with a similar name, but yes, someone picked up my number and ran as me it seems! That is not going to help my handicap score is it?! How on earth did you spot that?

I have lost nearly an hour off last years time!
Edited: 11/03/2013 at 14:11
11/03/2013 at 14:52

Best of luck J8. 

There is nothing too significant to report about Trafford.  There was a biting wind in some exposed parts, and a bit congested at the start - I should have got closer to the front.  My time (35:22) was, I think, my second fastest for 10k but I thought I might have got closer to 35:00 - but don't we always think we can go faster. 

I was unfortunate that the countries top and fifth placed V50s both decided to travel to run this race, and I finished 3rd in category.  Funnily enough had I still been a V45 I would have been 2nd! 

I don't think I can keep this high mileage diet going any longer.  Feeling tired and bored of it.  Possible I have overtrained.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.