The Wanna Blista Social Club.

36,781 to 36,800 of 40,159 messages
08/05/2013 at 18:06

SW-I did a 3 day event a few years ago, started at Norden, think first 2-3 miles were up a steep hill to the top of a wind farm, but the next 2 miles were all down hill.

I'm having a few problems with my hotmail e-mail account, if you receive one from me ignore it, not sure if a virus has grabbed some names and is sending a message out, it would seem if someone's sent me a group e-mail with a list of names, it's trying to send them individually back to them.

08/05/2013 at 22:25

For the second time in three years i managed to tweak my hamstring at Rainow. I was having a good race until about 3.5 miles in when i tripped up slighlty and felt my tighten. Backed off for the last mile and a half and tried not to get too annoyed at everyone overtaking me. I will probably rest up now and hopefully be ok for Dazs BG/ Windermere Marathon weekend. 

Good Stockport turn out tonight and great to see BHB and BB making their Rainow debuts.   

R.I.C.E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/05/2013 at 02:01

GBM -

PPP - I might try ringing you at lunchtime (12:00-1:30) would that be convenient...?

09/05/2013 at 07:21

GBM - thanks for the pre-Rainow tips. Unfortunately I was too far back at the start (about 75th) to beat the queue at the first stile, which added exactly 40 seconds to my time. Good to see WITB and BHB and to meet Sean W. Sorry I didn't get to meet Daz, but he could have been disguised as something other than a slug. All in all, an enjoyable night. Did the Wilmslowers keep away because they feared the might of the SHAC crew?

Hope you can resolve the ham issue quickly, GBM....

09/05/2013 at 09:05
DTS - 12;45 -1;15, cheers
09/05/2013 at 14:59

RIGHT!

I am officially sorted with all my BG Support!

final emails will be going out tonight, then I will be sticking my fingers in my ears and going "LA-LA! LA-LA!" for the next 8 days...

09/05/2013 at 15:48

Rainow was an enjoyable change from road running, although not so much so that I am likely to become a fell runner.  The profile of people at the start was much different - older on average than a road race, so I felt well at home.  Most looked "rugged" with beards and that was just the ladies.

I am a bit of a wuss downhill as previoulsy noted, and GBM barged past me at one point, but his comeuppance for such petulance soon followed (hope you recover soon).  After the initial climb to White Nancy a pattern quickly emerged of me losing places downhill and making them up again on the flat.  It also felt strange walking in a race, but I did on a couple of the climbs.  In fact I think that was a good choice as I barely lost ground compared with those running, and easily made it up at the summit.

I did lose a couple of places right at the last junction where I couldn't see the runner in front and I turned left, and the two runners behind turned right!  (I was wrong.)

15th overall (should have been 13th), and first V50 (I know it's getting boring) and bottle of plonk for my efforts.

Good turn out from SHAC, and I'm up for running another to help in the quest for a team prize.

09/05/2013 at 17:49

daz - 8 days of la la

bhb - if I did not walk at some point in a fell race it was only a trail race. A clearly accurate rating system. I always walked white nancy, only my dog has run up it

10/05/2013 at 00:19

8 Days Of La La

sounds like a good name for a band

do White Van Man need a re-brand?

10/05/2013 at 00:22

Rainow results are out
73 MV40's in the 204 finishers
as BHB said: what a bunch of old codgers! (myself included)

10/05/2013 at 08:23

Rainow results - http://mh.k313.com/mh/fell/rainow%205%202013.xlsx

I didn't finish as far down the field as i thought. It felt like millions were overtaking me but i was 3 places behind BHB when i felt my hamstring so i only lost approx 16 places. My hamstring doesn't feel too bad today, its slightly stiff but no soreness. But i will learn from PPP and rest it until next week. No 3 days in May!

10/05/2013 at 09:05

I stopped my Garmin at 35:45, but my time was 37:10.  So my walking time, getting through gates etc was nearly 1:30 (I had my watch on autopause).  I am feeling the after effects in my IT band area, especially today.

10/05/2013 at 11:21

Please does anybody have a pair of proper waterproof trousers (goretex or similar, mens large size) that I could borrow for my BG?

I've got a cheap pair that will probably be OK, but a high-spec pair would be better in case of prolonged precipitation...

10/05/2013 at 13:02

Anyone else doing May Queen tonight. I will probably give it a bash although I've only run once since GMM.

10/05/2013 at 20:23
JMC - THINK YOURSELF LUCKY! watch out for NI on a mountain bike leading you the wrong way. Or running you over with any luck!
11/05/2013 at 19:03

Eh oop! (probably spelt that wrong)

http://www.huddersfieldmarathon.co.uk

Any news from Richmond Mr Icon?

11/05/2013 at 19:04

Aye oop perhaps?!

11/05/2013 at 19:29

Just noticed that Huddersfield will be on the Saturday and Manchester probably the next day so might appeal to those mad types like clairster

11/05/2013 at 20:35

Mort - never heard of Huddersfield marathon and I bloomin live here. It wont be flat.

Googled it and still none the wiser - organic adventure race ? Sounds like the sort of thing where they will measure the course inaccurately and send folk the wrong way.

11/05/2013 at 22:49

SW- You can check it out for us next year then, and if it's any good the rest of us will do it the following year

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.