The Wanna Blista Social Club.

36,901 to 36,920 of 40,150 messages
20/05/2013 at 10:28

Great result, NI! At least you weren't led astray like you were at Richmond.....

20/05/2013 at 13:11

Well done NI, how can you look so fresh after running for 50 miles? 

ES, take RB's advice and don't let him get too far in front of you at BUPA.

RB, that guy who won the V50 at Christleton will be a serious challenger to your supremacy when you reach that category.  He appears to have been a 14 minute 5ker and a 28.xx 10ker making a comeback.  In fact the north west seems to have a disproportionally large number of good vets runners, far too fast for me.

DTS, bad luck with the conditions.  Met PPP running on Sunday and he told me some of the fun you were having on leg 3.  A good effort.

20/05/2013 at 15:40

BHB, "that guy who won the V50 at Christleton" indeed has some form including a 2.12 marathon and 62 HM!  

We've had a couple of close races with results either way.  But on his day he seems to be able to remember how it should be done which makes him a class apart.  Fortunately (like Bashir and the many other V45+s who are much faster than me) he takes a while to get into form and doesn't race very often.

I know Andrew Green and believe it or not he thinks he's a stone overweight and plans to go faster as a V50 once he's down to racing weight.

20/05/2013 at 20:46

Amazing effort NI, well done.

Is anyone running the Vanessa Chapell on Wednesday, does it still start from the old hotel on Mudhurst Lane?

20/05/2013 at 21:43

BT - yes what was the moorside hotel, I will be marshalling

20/05/2013 at 22:38

Beeped at a fellow harrier this afternoon to say hello whilst he was riding his bike on bents lane, the reply "f@ck off "   Charming........

BB might make track tomorrow , see how my back is first.

well done to all the racers over the weekend

Daz. Better luck with the weather next time, valiant effort.

21/05/2013 at 00:57

Bob graham report from Claire (editor of trail running magazine) 

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?19466-Claire-s-Bob-Graham-Report

21/05/2013 at 01:22

Race List

Wed 22 May - Vanessa Chappell - GBM, Daz, BT
Fri 24 May - Post Marathon Night Out - Rising Sun, Hazel Grove, 7.30pm.
Sun 26 May - Buxton Half - GBM
Sun 26 May - Bupa Great Manchester Run - ES, RC, BHB, BB
Wed 29 May - Kettleshulme - GBM, ES
Sat 01 Jun - Notts world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sat 01 Jun - Duddon FR - Daz
Wed 05 Jun - Boars Head - GBM, Kwaka, BB
Fri 07 Jun - Castleton - GBM, Daz
Sun 09 Jun - Edale - GBM
Sun 09 Jun - Great Trail Challenge (11k) - NI
Wed 19 Jun - Round the Resers - GBM, Kwaka, BB
Sun 23 Jun - Kinder Trog - NI, GBM, Kwaka
Fri 28 Jun - Tideswell - GBM
Sat 29 Jun - Llandudno world qualifier Tri - SARQ
Sat 29 Jun - Buttermere Horseshoe FR - Daz
Tue 09 July thru Sat 13 July - Coast to Coast Run (140 miles) - ES
Wed 10 Jul - Offerton 10k - GBM, BB
Sat 13 Jul - Wasdale FR - Daz
Sat 13 Jul - Liverpool world qual Olympic tri - SARQ
Sun 14 Jul - We Love Manchester 10k - BB
Wed 17 Jul - Macc Forest 5 - GBM, Daz
Thu 25 Jul - Wizard 5 - GBM, BB
Sat 27 Jul - Old Crown Round - Daz
Wed 31 Jul - Millbrook Monster - GBM
Sun 04 Aug - Dovedale Dipper - GBM, TB
Wed 07 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, Daz
Wed 14 Aug - Eccles Pike - GBM
Sat 07 Sep - Bullock Smithy Hike - UB, GBM, Jonah, ES, FOAR, TB
Sun 15 Sep - Great North Run - FOAR
Sun 15 Sep - Bristol Half - RC
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Mttb
Sun 06 Oct - Brussels Marathon - BB
Sun 20 Oct - Yorkshire Marathon - UB, Jonah, RC  
21/05/2013 at 08:53
BHB - My boys thought you looked like a slow Arjen Robben. I was amused by your age group top! Have you really done 50 Park Runs?
21/05/2013 at 10:21

J8 - I didn't say Feck Off

I tried to catch you up to say hello.

21/05/2013 at 12:49

Yes, PPP I have done 50 - to be accurate I have done 64.  Maybe I'll get to 100 before I reach that age.  You mentioned tempo/ speed sessions on the new cinder paths along the Mersey/ Fletcher Moss.  Maybe in a couple of weeks we could sort something out.  SARQ/ NI may be interested?

RB, he is already 30 secs/mile quicker than me which is an impossible gap so it is irrelevant if he gets faster.  In fact if he does get faster then he will trouble the top race positions and leave the vets category for us mortals.

21/05/2013 at 13:21
BHB - yes, that would be good! I am on holiday over half-term, but when I get back I would like to do that. It depends on the boy's cricket fixtures which tend to be arranged the week before and in no obvious pattern. They really adversely impact upon my training because they go on for blinking hours. I will be in touch.

Mort - apologies, but I neglected to give you an update on the old ball-bag post BGR. All seems tickety-boo you will be delighted to hear. The hamstring is bearing up as well.
21/05/2013 at 14:07

BHB, I'd up for a few tempo sessions, all depends on time of day though, as you and PPP tend to finish a lot earlier than me.

I'm away over half term too.

21/05/2013 at 14:27

BHB, I'd be up for a few tempo sessions.  We'll soon find you 30s/mile.  You're fast enough over 200m so it's just a case of making more of an effort..

PPP good to see you're mended.

21/05/2013 at 16:09

SARQ/ etc.  They could be early evening.  Jog there, tempo/ speed session and jog back would be a tough effort.  The new paths are great for running on if you have not tried them before.  Flat, wide and will stand up to rain, with a bit of give so quite joint friendly as well.  Plenty of circuit options too. 

Will sort something with PPP and post an update.

21/05/2013 at 21:04

Cheers tst, I'll see you down there

22/05/2013 at 13:04

Thank you Plod

I am still waiting for- 1) A race report from NI
                              2) A proper BG report from Daz

That is all

22/05/2013 at 13:24

Mort - Not quite all....what about one of GBM's classic race reports?

22/05/2013 at 14:37

I can't really get up the enthusiasm for a "proper" BG report, but basically:

started in lovely warm/sunny/dry conditions which lasted for the whole of Leg1
lost a few minutes due to problems with supporters, but arrived at Threlkeld feeling good in self

excellent support crew for night-time Leg 2 - superb pacing/navigation - but weather deteriorated badly with heavy rain/strong winds at times
problems with kit (due to having been parted from expected emergency kit on Leg 1)
caused slight delays, plus started to store up "coldness" issues
so cleared Dunmail a bit further down on time but still feeling OK leg-wise

Leg 3 started OK, climbed well up Steel Fell, reached Calf Crag as it got light, cloud was lifting a bit and looked like it might remain patchy/intermittent rain...
...buuuut then it closed right in - thick cloud which made for slow going checking navigation and heavy rain/strong wind, the combination of which caused severe chilling effects (esp. with sub-standard kit), so decided not to risk hypothermia by pressing on to Wasdale, and dropped to Langdale instead.

after we got down to the New Dungeon Ghyll and phoned to be picked up, it started to LAG it down, so things would've only got worse!

22/05/2013 at 23:59

Great Stockport turnout at the Vanessa Chappell fell race. Well done to all! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.