The Wanna Blista Social Club.

37,121 to 37,140 of 40,269 messages
15/06/2013 at 13:29
gingerbreadman wrote (see)

The good news! I did the Hayfield Junior School Fair Fell Race last night. Nice 3 mile route over Lantern Pike. I came 7th overall and won the V40 category which would usually be impressive but only about 25 runners did the race.  

The bad news! Immediately after the race i had a go at the penalty shoot-out competition and injured my right quad taking the first penalty (but still carried on and took the next 2 because I was showing off in front of small children) No running for me for a few days. Hoping to be fit for Round the Resers on Weds, (where I will no doubt injure myself again)

15/06/2013 at 13:34

To be fair i did take the third penalty with my left foot due to the agonising pain in my right leg! 

15/06/2013 at 14:25

GBM-it sounds like you're a right pain

Minnie-back from Michelle's wedding in Italy (Lake Garda/Verona/Florence) which is now my favourite place

15/06/2013 at 15:19

TB- v jealous! Florence is lovely. Must go back one day soon. Hope it went well.

15/06/2013 at 16:17

Good run this morning with Foxy, we ran the next section from Edale.

made it to earl Sterndale didn't fancy waiting over an hour for the next bus so ran to Buxton, 23 miles in total

hopefully my legs will have recovered for tomorrow 

15/06/2013 at 16:19

J8-let us know if you aren't running tomorrow-M6 and I can always run from home.

15/06/2013 at 20:11

Minnie - I'll be there for half 8 

15/06/2013 at 21:03

J8- see you then 

16/06/2013 at 06:07

Minnie change of plan not running this morning legs are sore from yesterday and started with a stinking cold     Sorry 

16/06/2013 at 07:35

We'll run from home. Get better soon, J8.

16/06/2013 at 09:42

BT, results were a bit of a shambles at Platt Fields yesterday, and you picked up an award...as part of the vets team.  As far as I know you are not a vet.  But it was 2pm at this point and I was getting grief for being late so didn't stay to query it.

I have a cheque with your name on it, but I think it should have been for Charlie.  I will bring it to track next time I am there (Thursday I think).

17/06/2013 at 08:34

Morning all

Been away for a weeks cycling in the Dolomites, epic ascents and epic descents. Spectacular scenery as well. Having a bit of a rest from training like a dog to give my plantar fascitis a chance to heal.

SARQ - one of the guys I went cycling with is doing the Nottingham Ironman in a couple of weeks time. He was well impressed with your recent result.

Am contemplating doing Kinder Trog but not certain yet. If NI is still doing it then there might be a chance of a team prize if I can stay on track.

17/06/2013 at 11:23

I "supported" a BG Leg 1 starting at midnight last Friday
the conditions on the top of Skiddaw were the worst I've ever experienced - dark (obviously) but gale force wind, sandblasting rain, thick cloud down so you could barely see where you were putting your feet (not to mention the lack of an actual path/slippery rocks)... I started to fall behind the navigator/contender and intermittently lost contact with their lights ahead... got a bit scary... ...juuust about managed to tag along, and things improved after we got down off the ridge

looking forward to Kinder Trog next week - will seem like a parkrun in comparison

17/06/2013 at 16:03
DTS - Hardcore!
17/06/2013 at 17:04

JMC - I am still doing Kinder Trog although I haven't entered it. Hopefully you can EOD.

17/06/2013 at 17:17

Kinder Trog is EOD only!

17/06/2013 at 18:27

I might make my fell racing debut at the Kinder Trog.

17/06/2013 at 21:20

BHB, yeah not quite a vet just yet but give me a couple of years. How much was the cheque for. I'll take the cheque and give Charlie the cash equivalent

17/06/2013 at 21:44

RB-was that one of the "not so mini bob's" yesterday and the one that's just got a GB place? Out of interest, what session were you doing?

Minnie-Florence was nice but not as nice as Verona.

MTBB-thanks for the company

18/06/2013 at 08:17

DTS - good work!  

TB - that was indeed international mini-Bob.  We were just having a practice race - car park-Bowstones-Cage which is about 3km / 180m ascent - similar to the profile of her race in the alps.  She was running about 90% and I was just trying to stay ahead.  Hence the gasped hello to you and MTBB.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.