The Wanna Blista Social Club.

37,141 to 37,160 of 40,186 messages
16/06/2013 at 07:35

We'll run from home. Get better soon, J8.

16/06/2013 at 09:42

BT, results were a bit of a shambles at Platt Fields yesterday, and you picked up an award...as part of the vets team.  As far as I know you are not a vet.  But it was 2pm at this point and I was getting grief for being late so didn't stay to query it.

I have a cheque with your name on it, but I think it should have been for Charlie.  I will bring it to track next time I am there (Thursday I think).

17/06/2013 at 08:34

Morning all

Been away for a weeks cycling in the Dolomites, epic ascents and epic descents. Spectacular scenery as well. Having a bit of a rest from training like a dog to give my plantar fascitis a chance to heal.

SARQ - one of the guys I went cycling with is doing the Nottingham Ironman in a couple of weeks time. He was well impressed with your recent result.

Am contemplating doing Kinder Trog but not certain yet. If NI is still doing it then there might be a chance of a team prize if I can stay on track.

17/06/2013 at 11:23

I "supported" a BG Leg 1 starting at midnight last Friday
the conditions on the top of Skiddaw were the worst I've ever experienced - dark (obviously) but gale force wind, sandblasting rain, thick cloud down so you could barely see where you were putting your feet (not to mention the lack of an actual path/slippery rocks)... I started to fall behind the navigator/contender and intermittently lost contact with their lights ahead... got a bit scary... ...juuust about managed to tag along, and things improved after we got down off the ridge

looking forward to Kinder Trog next week - will seem like a parkrun in comparison

17/06/2013 at 16:03
DTS - Hardcore!
17/06/2013 at 17:04

JMC - I am still doing Kinder Trog although I haven't entered it. Hopefully you can EOD.

17/06/2013 at 17:17

Kinder Trog is EOD only!

17/06/2013 at 18:27

I might make my fell racing debut at the Kinder Trog.

17/06/2013 at 21:20

BHB, yeah not quite a vet just yet but give me a couple of years. How much was the cheque for. I'll take the cheque and give Charlie the cash equivalent

17/06/2013 at 21:44

RB-was that one of the "not so mini bob's" yesterday and the one that's just got a GB place? Out of interest, what session were you doing?

Minnie-Florence was nice but not as nice as Verona.

MTBB-thanks for the company

18/06/2013 at 08:17

DTS - good work!  

TB - that was indeed international mini-Bob.  We were just having a practice race - car park-Bowstones-Cage which is about 3km / 180m ascent - similar to the profile of her race in the alps.  She was running about 90% and I was just trying to stay ahead.  Hence the gasped hello to you and MTBB.

18/06/2013 at 13:03

RB-congrats. to her, must be in the genes and all that hard work, is that another GB vest for SH? I managed a bimble around Lyme Park, 11 miles in all-3 times up to Bowstones, it helps when you've got company and we were trying to keep you in sight.

18/06/2013 at 13:40

3 x Bowstones is good reps.

Apparently running genes come from your mother ... so we'll just put it down to hard work and great coaching by Pete and Donna.  It is actually an England vest.

Next week we're going to be repping Teggs Nose.

18/06/2013 at 18:25

Bob Graham Weekend! 

I didn't get any replies to my last question so i will try again - Due to no-one being keen on doing legs 3 and 4 on the same day shall we revert back to the original plan and do it over 3 days? Do we have the support to do this? 

18/06/2013 at 19:10

GBM - even though you were kind enough to tell me you did not want me, I might stop sulking and offer to play taxi for you.

Dear all, I am wanting to borrow roof bars for a current ford focus so we and little tst can go mtbing in the alps in a couple of months. Any offers? Our the use of a mini bus/camper van/people carrier etc

19/06/2013 at 08:47

TST - I have some roof bars that fit a 1995 Ford Mondeo. Will be suprised if they fit a current Ford Focus but you are welcome to have them. I also have a van but that will be in use.

19/06/2013 at 09:51
TST - does she need a bike as well? I have got a Bottom of the range Boardman, the rock shocks are jammed though...
19/06/2013 at 13:29

TST - I have a mate with a bike rack I could borrow. He drives a Ford Focus so it will definitely fit one! It will only hold one bike however.

GBM - I definitely think legs 3 and 4 in the same day would be a bit too much for anyone to want to do. Is there any way we could split leg 4 up, ie. do leg 3 + part of 4 on Saturday then the rest of leg 4 + leg 5 on Sunday. Someone with better (ie some) geographical knowledge of the area might be able to answer this. I guess it would come down to the support either way.

19/06/2013 at 21:16

GBM - Run to Kirk Fell on leg4 then drop down to Wasdale to camp, next day start with Great Gable and finish leg4 and then leg5. Still a long Saturday. or

Wild camp on leg4 not ideal as you will need to run with camp/ bivouac kit.

Just to help these are approx. times of each leg for 24 hr bg.

leg1 4hrs, leg2 4hr 25 mins, leg3 6hrs, leg4 5hrs 35 mins, leg5 3hrs.

Alternative complete over 2 weekends. Weekend1 do leg1&2 Friday , sat  morning take some cars to Wasdale or get support cars and run leg3 (long day)

Weekend 2 Camp Wasdale Friday night do leg4 Sat run back via Green Gable and Sty Head Tarn then down valley to Wasdale, Sunday finish with leg5.

After saying all that we might not make the weekend due to house move.

19/06/2013 at 22:57

I don't see the point of complicating things. If we are camping at Wasdale then we might as well stick to the original plan.

Friday--Legs 1 & 2

Saturday--Leg 3

Sunday--Legs 4 & 5. 

If TST and possibly JS are available for support then we are sorted. The only downside is TST and JS having to give up their time, travel up to the lakes and take all our stuff to and from Wasdale which, despite them offering, i feel a bit guilty about.

JS--Are you still available? Do you still read this thread? I might text you. 

Mr Simmons--If we go back to Plan A are you still up for it?

BG LIST (from memory)

Runners --GBM, UB, Jonah8, Ni, Mr Simmons? JMC?, FOAR (Friday only), Charlie Batho? M6s? 

Support--TST, JS?  

Lots of question marks. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.