The Wanna Blista Social Club.

37,241 to 37,260 of 39,544 messages
25/06/2013 at 14:50

Nexus - Long Tour Of Bradwell on 10th Aug - 33 Miles, mostly runnable
see map:
http://wolfspitfellrace.org.uk/images/maps/LTB%20route%20small.pdf

oh, and just in passing, I might be re-attempting BG this coming weekend, on the SATURDAY evening into Sunday if anybody is free/interested/keen...
Keswick 6:15pm
Threlkeld 10:00pm
Dunmail 2:35am
Wasdale 9:00am
Honister 2:10pm

Edited: 25/06/2013 at 14:59
25/06/2013 at 15:39
NI - good effort! maybe the Holme Moss fell race would suit you? It is about the only one I have done. The route is quite tough AL 16 ish miles but I would have thought you could do well in it. There are good sections where you can really get going and a few tough climbs and descents, but nothing that sounds like that rocky bit on Kinder?

DTS is in a better position to compare the two.

It is on July 14th, so pretty soon, I might have another crack at it, although my endurance is woeful and I have been playing a lot of cricket in the nets with the kids so I think that might create all sorts of issues. I re-grouted the bathroom last night too, so I need to recover from that fully first.

DTS - I can't manage this week end, best of luck if you do go ahead.
25/06/2013 at 17:47

NI - the grit stone on kinder is great, so rough your shoes just cant slip even at silly angles. There is the fear of falling and getting the worst gravel rash ever. But great result for someone who reckons they are not a natural fell runner  

25/06/2013 at 20:56

J8 / TB - Got further with the VLM application than last night although will rescan my driving licence (Yes, I do have one !) at work tomorrow having added a 'copy' stamp to the photocopy. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't use the same document for proof of age and proof of UK residence , Agreed ?

Boars Head entry was considerably easier.

Edited: 25/06/2013 at 20:57
25/06/2013 at 22:51

TST-meant for GBM

NI-did a walk/jog around Kinder Trog today-3h 35min. I now walk along the path on Kinder due to the rocks, as anything faster can hurt my back, 

PPP-I think HM is a little more technical

FOAR-I've managed to enter, but I didn't put copy on my scan of my driving licence , I also cancelled my ballot entry. 

26/06/2013 at 08:23

TB - surely your free bus pass would do, are you sure you should be driving at your age? or have got a yaris now

26/06/2013 at 08:33

I can't believe I have still got DOMS from supporting at the Trog.

GBM- If the weather conditions were really as described up Kinder it sounds like you could have positioned yourself in such a way as to get a 'jet wash' effect going and then you wouldn't have wasted your buff.

Good luck Daz! Will there be a progress report on FR forum?

26/06/2013 at 09:28

TST-bit harsh on Mrs TB who has just taken receipt of her new Yaris. In backwards Glossop, I can get a bus pass when i'm 621/2, unless this govt. move the goal posts again. But surely, you've been using your pass for several years.

Mort.-I have to report, it was a lovely evening, going across Kinder last night, no sign of any "buffs", although, there was a courting couple at Kinder Downfall. (Have we not been training?)

NI-last night it took me 48 mins. walking form Hayfield, to get to the first road crossing before you go onto to Kinder, whereas in the past, I think it's taken approx. 20 mins. but after that, I didn't drop that much time by jogging, so it shows, how much climbing/difficulty there is, unless your Lloyd Taggert.

DAZ-if you're attempting BG again this week, the best of luck, if any one deserves it, from the time invested it's you. It's my daughter's wedding reception this week-end, so unfortunately, I can't offer any assistance. You know better than I, but if I can offer any advice, it's to take the first leg relaxed, and then push on a little bit quicker than in the past, and even if you're running out of time, if you're able, still finish, even it it takes you over the 24 hours. Hope the weather stays good, as that's half the battle.

26/06/2013 at 10:49

TB - Thanks
if the weather forecast goes downhill I won't be bothering
so yes, in good weather I'd just like to get to Dunmail, then Wasdale, without dropping too much time, then just try to finish in however long...

mort - I've still got DOMS from the Trog too - calfs and achilles - significantly worse than I would've expected

26/06/2013 at 11:44

DAZ-it may be the effort of fighting against the wind and rain.

Mort-I don't know what your's is down to?

26/06/2013 at 13:31

TST - It's not the grip that's the problem. My X-Talons were gripping very well (great shoes). It's my big clumsy feet and low marathoners-shuffle gait that makes me clip my toes on anything from rocks to blades of grass!

Daz / PPP - thanks for the race info. I'll check those out. I fear they might both take quite a bit of reccying though.

JS - I can borrow the bike rack. Andy (the owner) will drop it off at mine in the week before we go.

Kwaka - I've decided to race the Offerton 10k. I'll get an entry form to you soon.

J8 / UB - I'll join you for the BS reccy on Saturday. See you at Marple train station. There's a couple of bits of the route I want to check out. The first one is Cavedale. There seems to be at least two routes up there and I think we should check both to see which is quicker (I only know one of them). The other one is the road route out of Millers Dale which is the route you all take but I don't know.

Daz - good luck!

26/06/2013 at 15:52
NI- i may be able to reccy it with you. Be good to do a run in the hills.
26/06/2013 at 17:17

NI / PPP / UB. Rather than get the train back to Hazel Grove it might be better to get off at Strines or Middlewood 

Hope to see you on Saturday 

26/06/2013 at 17:21
NI/J8 - apologies for creating confusion, I meant do a Holme Moss reccy.
26/06/2013 at 17:48

NI - Great, please pass on my thanks to Andy. Is it the same Andy as the one from the Chester mara? Where does he live, might be a better idea if I collect the rack from his so he can show me how to securely fasten it to the car with the bike? Unless you're 100% confident you know how to do this so my bike doesn't fly off somewhere on the M6!? 

Well done on the Trog.

Daz - Good luck if you attempt the BG this weekend.

Edited: 26/06/2013 at 17:49
26/06/2013 at 19:45

A 7.5 k run last night round peak forest, very nice and no pain just a few unused muscles complaining about being woken up. And no DOMS but I am suffering DOOMS, TB keeps on posting and it is really upsetting my mental state.

Daz - good luck

26/06/2013 at 22:24

((((((((((((((((((((((TST)))))))))))))))))))

26/06/2013 at 23:03

"DOOMS"  - is that Dreadfully Ominous Old Misery Syndrome?

27/06/2013 at 06:44

Received an email from VLM yesterday at 15.36 confirming I had a valid GFA, then went on to say I had to pay and confirm by 17.00.Otherwise my entry would be null and void.

I finish work at 14.00 and don't access my work e mails, piss up and brewery springs to mind.

27/06/2013 at 08:26

daz - that's the one, it will come to you all, ending up like tb or if you are really unlucky like me. I think J8 might be in for a bit after his last post, or maybe it is being organised by Osborne,Gove,Hunt and not a brewery in an attempt to reduce numbers

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.