The Wanna Blista Social Club.

37,461 to 37,480 of 39,544 messages
22/07/2013 at 20:32

J8 - one of the striders did it a couple of weekends back, Steve Hennessey supported and said it is as tough if not tougher than a BG because of the speed you have to maintain. Have a read on the Mick Wren blog

22/07/2013 at 20:36

http://micksmountain.blogspot.co.uk/

I think the link should work

Edited: 22/07/2013 at 20:38
22/07/2013 at 20:50

FOAR--Belated Happy Birthday from me! 

Quick BG weekend report- As jonah said, Friday was extremely tough. Leg 5 in the morning wasn't too bad but leg 1 in the afternoon heat, carrying loads of water up Skiddaw, Great Calva and Blencathra was bloody hard work. I went through about 6 litres of water during the day without needing to go for a wee! Due to the abnormally hard ground i struggled with sore feet and blisters coming off Blencathra and Doddick was a tougher decent than i thought it would be. 

On Saturday morning we had to call into Keswick to get UB some new shoes as his others didn't survive day 1. By the time we had done that, got back to the campsite and JS had dropped Ni,UB and myself off at the foot of Dale Head it was almost 11am so we decided just to do leg 2. As soon as we set off i knew i would struggle as my feet were still sore. By the time we got to Helvellyn i had to stop and apply plasters to the blisters and this helped slightly. Once we reached Dollywaggon i looked over at Fairfield and thought 'F*** THAT!'. UB and Ni didn't complain and so we descended Dollywaggon and went up and over Seat Sandal. The climb down off there finished my feet off and i knew that i wouldn't be up for another leg the next day. UB didn't fancy another day either and NI didn't seem too bothered. 

UB left early Sunday morning and Me, Ni and JS went messing about about in Windermere with oars and golf clubs! 

Although the running didn't go to plan and we only managed 3 of the 5 legs it was still fantastic BG experience and a brilliant weekend. We plan to do it on the same weekend next year so i will add it to the race list so everyone knows when it is and can come too. All welcome especially my BG partner Eric Seagull. 

UB, Jonah, JS, Ni, Charlie B--Thanks for a great weekend! 

JS--Thanks again for your help! You're a star! 

22/07/2013 at 20:53

Jonah8--Count me in! How about we do your JN attempt in May/June when we will still be marathon fit? 

22/07/2013 at 20:58

Thu 25 Jul - Wizard 5 - GBM, BB, Ni 
Sat 27 Jul - Old Crown Round - Daz  
Fri 02 Aug - Salt Cellar FR (Ladybower) - Daz
Sun 04 Aug - Dovedale Dipper - GBM, TB, clairster, mort 
Wed 07 Aug - Cracken Edge - GBM, Daz, NI
Sat 10 Aug - Long Tour Of Bradwell - Daz
Wed 14 Aug - Eccles Pike - Daz
Wed 21 Aug - Capenhurst 5k - Daz
Sat 07 Sep - Bullock Smithy Hike - UB, GBM, Jonah, ES, FOAR, TB, NI, Daz
Sun 08 Sep - Gritstone grind - clairster, mort
Sun 15 Sep - Great North Run - FOAR 
Sun 15 Sep - Bristol Half - RC 
Sat 21 Sep - JW ultra - clairster
Sat 28 Sep - Causeway coast ultra - clairster
Sun 29 Sep - Berlin Marathon - Mttb 
Sat 05 Oct - Goyt Valley mara - clairster
Sun 06 Oct - Brussels Marathon - BB 
Sun 13 Oct - Windgather FR - Daz
Sun 20 Oct - Yorkshire Marathon - UB, Jonah, RC
Sun 27 Oct - Frankfurt Marathon - NI
Sun 17 Nov - Valencia Marathon --GBM, Mort, WITGB, CC
18,19, 20 Jul 2014 -- BG recce weekend - GBM, Ni, Jonah, UB, JS, Charlie B, ES
Fri 17 Jun 2016 - Bob Graham Round - GBM, ES

22/07/2013 at 22:45
22/07/2013 at 23:08

Just re-read my report. Dale Head? That should be Clough Head! 

JS--Great photos! 

23/07/2013 at 07:05

Rowing on Windermere - http://youtu.be/KMnHkZ968Es

Unfortunately I wasn't able to film us swapping places. I don't think GBM and NI would have ever imagined they'd ever have to get in such a compromising position. 

23/07/2013 at 11:40

JS-seen the video, looks like 2 rowers need to get to the gym , god you've got a loud voice, not a criticism, just an observation

23/07/2013 at 11:52

TB - You could always try turning your hearing aid down?

23/07/2013 at 12:19

GBM - enjoyed the BG weekend report and JS, that is a great collection of pics!

Last night, it was a hot and steamy session at the track. Have you ever experienced a mirage? This was just the kind of weather that brings them on. I definitely saw TB at track - he spoke and moved and imparted 'wisdom', so it wasn't just an apparition. ES was certainly there, too, although a little hard to identify him, under his VL-like headscarf and dark glasses. But then about 3/4 of the way down Dialstone on the way home, out of the mist came the vision of a runner. Could it be GBM? Then this ghostly figure slowed down and spoke to someone walking in the oppostie direction who looked just like Foxy. They then both disappeared from my rear-view mirror. It couldn't have been them - they wouldn't miss a Monday session. I must drink more water when running on these warm nights!

23/07/2013 at 12:32

BB--It wasn't me! I had a rest night to recover from the BG recce, golf, rowing and JS shouting at me. 

23/07/2013 at 13:18

JS - it could be TB's failing sight and he has to put his face close to the screen nowadays, not likely to be hearing aids, I know he always has them on low or off so as people cant interrupt him.
Did like the way you got them to do the work while you lounged ( I am guessing) giving helpful instruction as a lady should, hope you had the big floppy hat and a glass of pimms to complete the image.

23/07/2013 at 13:18

BB - I was talking to Charlie on Dialstone at 6.45ish last night. Charlie was on his way to track and I was on my way to Stepping Hill to visit a medically fit man who I don't seem to be able to get discharged from hospital.. Funnily enough, I then bumped into Charlie at around the same spot on our respective return journeys.

Track session would have been preferable even in that heat....

23/07/2013 at 13:53

BB-you've got all this to look forward to, hearing aids, contact lenses and dentures, have a word with TST, I think he's got experience of all three, re. ES, it's his new disguise , oh and I got a 29 secs. PB at Marple Park Run last Sat. must be doing something right, it's my new, back to basics regime

((((((((((((((JS))))))))))))

23/07/2013 at 15:11

GBM What about a run to Edale on Saturday morning?

might be my last BS reccy as my Yorkshire marathon training programme starts on Monday 

23/07/2013 at 15:32

BG weekend looked amazing. I've got to get a pass out for that next year.

Got my 'You've qualified for World champs in London' email this morning, along with just pay (by 9am tomorrow morning) the entry fee of...... £215 Plus £20 team fee.

So with hotel, train, buying a GB trisuit, etc, etc you're talking £400+.
Not justifiable in this economy. I've passed on it.

Compared to a 10m TT I did last night £3, even makes fell runs seem expensive.

23/07/2013 at 16:00

SARQ, you've got horses and things like that. Don't give us the economic climate excuse...

Nice pictures and vid of BG week-ender.  Next year ditch the running and just do more farting about.  I'm sure there are some "cox" jokes to be made.

And J8 looks like he has been dipped in a vat of creosote - have you not heard of suncream? 

23/07/2013 at 16:16

BHB, horses, not anymore matey.

23/07/2013 at 16:17

Plus when are we going to start some Chorlton path workouts?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.