The Wanna Blista Social Club.

37,461 to 37,480 of 40,397 messages
23/07/2013 at 12:32

BB--It wasn't me! I had a rest night to recover from the BG recce, golf, rowing and JS shouting at me. 

23/07/2013 at 13:18

JS - it could be TB's failing sight and he has to put his face close to the screen nowadays, not likely to be hearing aids, I know he always has them on low or off so as people cant interrupt him.
Did like the way you got them to do the work while you lounged ( I am guessing) giving helpful instruction as a lady should, hope you had the big floppy hat and a glass of pimms to complete the image.

23/07/2013 at 13:18

BB - I was talking to Charlie on Dialstone at 6.45ish last night. Charlie was on his way to track and I was on my way to Stepping Hill to visit a medically fit man who I don't seem to be able to get discharged from hospital.. Funnily enough, I then bumped into Charlie at around the same spot on our respective return journeys.

Track session would have been preferable even in that heat....

23/07/2013 at 13:53

BB-you've got all this to look forward to, hearing aids, contact lenses and dentures, have a word with TST, I think he's got experience of all three, re. ES, it's his new disguise , oh and I got a 29 secs. PB at Marple Park Run last Sat. must be doing something right, it's my new, back to basics regime

((((((((((((((JS))))))))))))

23/07/2013 at 15:11

GBM What about a run to Edale on Saturday morning?

might be my last BS reccy as my Yorkshire marathon training programme starts on Monday 

23/07/2013 at 15:32

BG weekend looked amazing. I've got to get a pass out for that next year.

Got my 'You've qualified for World champs in London' email this morning, along with just pay (by 9am tomorrow morning) the entry fee of...... £215 Plus £20 team fee.

So with hotel, train, buying a GB trisuit, etc, etc you're talking £400+.
Not justifiable in this economy. I've passed on it.

Compared to a 10m TT I did last night £3, even makes fell runs seem expensive.

23/07/2013 at 16:00

SARQ, you've got horses and things like that. Don't give us the economic climate excuse...

Nice pictures and vid of BG week-ender.  Next year ditch the running and just do more farting about.  I'm sure there are some "cox" jokes to be made.

And J8 looks like he has been dipped in a vat of creosote - have you not heard of suncream? 

23/07/2013 at 16:16

BHB, horses, not anymore matey.

23/07/2013 at 16:17

Plus when are we going to start some Chorlton path workouts?

23/07/2013 at 16:31

BG weekenders - Thanks for a great time! We definitely need to do it again next year. How about starting where we left off this time?

Really enjoyed the recce weekend although my current fitness isn't what it was and suffered a lot of the time in Friday's heat. Managed to quaff more than 5 litres of water over legs 5 & 1, not including guzzling a few bottles worth of 'Caldew Spring' but still, the views on the tops were amazing. Navigating Leg 2 in brilliant sunshine is so much easier, really does make a 1am start on the BG more appealing if anything to avoid getting repeatedly bitten by the rabid horseflies during the long slog up to Mungrisdale Common.

Kudos also to GBM and Charlie - J8, NI and I were completely smoked in the Cow Pie challenge, didn't realise there was so much variation in portion sizes! Theirs was twice as thick as the one J8 & I had and NI struggled with his slab and had to take a few rest breaks

J8 - Count me in for support on your JNLC attempt next year. Looking at the route, there's a lot to be recce'd there unless you want to stick with the approach you used on the BGR

23/07/2013 at 16:50

So you've sold your horses, I just hope you haven't eaten them in a burger or that they didn't make a guest appearance as part of the Cow Pie challenge.

Next week to start Chorlton path runs is good for me.  I will probably do Sale Sizzler to redeem myself so Thursday is no good.  Early next week should be OK for me.  I am not doing enough VO2 max training, so longish reps with short recovery is needed - ideal for Chorlton. 

23/07/2013 at 17:04

Charlie and GBM both cheated in the Cow Pie Challenge by not eating their chips and veg!

23/07/2013 at 17:32

BHB, good stuff. Maybe Tuesday?

Only got one horse and it's out on loan so doesn't cost anything. Daughter got 3 more years of Uni so not much point of it really. She pays for everything herself.

23/07/2013 at 17:37

NI - who eats veg, well besides veggies.

23/07/2013 at 17:38

Has anyone seen the macc forest results 19 th finisher is down as Will Race, made up name surely

23/07/2013 at 18:19

Will Race is quite real
we did the Four Inns route together in April, and we're probably going to be partners for the Old County Tops next year
he did Macc Forest on my recommendation and loved it

23/07/2013 at 21:05

In that case what a brilliant name for a runner

24/07/2013 at 00:26

SARQ, Tuesday usually good for me, but next week might be a bit close to Sale Sizzler for a tough session. Can we go for Monday this time and Tuesdays after that?

24/07/2013 at 08:32

Can't make Saturday but I'm going to one last BS reccy this Thursday morning as I'm off work if anyone wants to join me? (long shot I know as most people will be in work I'm sure). I'm going to get the train to Edale, run over to Castleton then have a look at the shorter, steeper route from Castleton and compare it with the usual Cavedale route. Also I'm going to try to find the Paul Rushworth 'shortcut' after Peak Forest. Then run to Miller's Dale and along the A6 into Buxton for the train back.

Decided on Goyts Moss tonight so I'll be giving the Wizard a miss.

24/07/2013 at 08:38

TST- Maybe GBM should change his name to Lee Keyainus.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.