The Wanna Blista Social Club.

41,321 to 41,340 of 41,367 messages
05/05/2016 at 18:03
I think you are mixing your social media applications.

There is; Facebook and WhatsApp

I don't really know the difference though....

I hope the appearance of JMC isn't the eagerly awaited appearance J8 was alluding to. That really would be a let down.
05/05/2016 at 21:27

Weekend running for non Facebook people

Saturday 8 o'clock start from Rose Hill nice flat run

Sunday 8 o'clock start from our's nice hilly run up Kinder Scout.

enjoy the run in the Lakes, wish I could of joined you.

06/05/2016 at 12:52

Hello! Glad this has been resurrected, I'm not keen on the facebook Harriers Page, although Facebook is easier than having to log on to this. Maybe a wanna blista invite only Facebook Page would be an idea. Just a thought.

Well done Londoners, especially GBM

I've been sidelined with a knee injury for a couple of weeks, by falling over running (again). Done so little running this year as it is!! So hoping to join some of the Saturday runs at some point. Sunday's for cycling.

Plod, so that's where you've been, your ears must have been burning this last year as we wondered what happened to you.
Paula though wow, although another fine athlete (TDF king of the mountains champion Robert Millar) did the same, mustn't be easy for all concerned, but you are what you are.

I'm sure you'll be back up to speed and beating us all once more with very little training.

06/05/2016 at 17:58
Hey SARQ! Yes. I am what i am. Lol. Good to hear from you. I might do the rose hill run in the morning. If it's not too far. Can you do it? I could give you a lift . Or are you still injured?

J8 how far is it going to be roughly?
Thanks for posting it BTW.

I didn't know about Robert millar and believe me, there isn't much I do think know that is trans related. It seems she has taken the "stealth" route.

I won't be beating anyone on this thread without any testosterone in my body. Trust me, it's absence has dramatic consequences.
Edited: 06/05/2016 at 17:58
06/05/2016 at 22:40

PPP. Nice gentle 10 mile 

07/05/2016 at 12:48
Thanks for the run this morning J8. I enjoyed it.
07/05/2016 at 20:19

Hopefully will be able to join you on runs next weekend after entertaining the mother in law this weekend! 

07/05/2016 at 21:23

WEEKEND IN THE LAKES!!!! - Friday 12th Aug - Sunday 14th Aug.

Staying here - http://www.gillsidecaravanandcampingsite.co.uk/camping.html

Couple of days running up and down mountains then eating and drinking in pubs. All welcome. 

08/05/2016 at 08:19

GBM-we may join you !!

Oh, and the thread wouldn't be the same without it-I'm full of cold !!

08/05/2016 at 12:35

Took a few up Kinder Scout this morning, boiling hot but the views were the best I've seen for years

PPP - anytime, won't be too long before you're leading the grpup again.

08/05/2016 at 19:22

Minnie6--You may join us?!!!! The whole reason we picked that weekend is because you are already there. WE ARE JOINING YOU and Mickey6 is sorting the routes out and he has told us which camp site to stay at!!!

Edited: 08/05/2016 at 19:25
08/05/2016 at 19:31

GBM-of course we're going!! I was joking! Hope you had a good day in the Lakes today-it was beautiful.

08/05/2016 at 19:41

Good!!! 

Todays OCT recce was very tough in the heat. Started off at Old Dungeon Ghyll and picked up the route at Angle Tarn. Made it to Cockley Beck better than we did last year but were starting to get dehydrated by then. Refuelled and refilled our water at the beck but got totally lost trying to find the path up to Grey Friar/Old man. Made our way to Three Shire Stone and managed to get a lift back to Old Dungeon Ghyll from there in a camper van. Thats becoming a theme! We were out there about five and a half hours so at least it was a good training run. Hope its not that hot on race day.

08/05/2016 at 20:03
Gbm- sounds like fun. Just hearing those names brings acknowledge memories.
J8 - anywhere in the middle will be fine!
08/05/2016 at 20:18

I bet it was tough there today, GBM-it was hot just going for a stroll with the mother in law! I am doing my best to kick M6's ass and get him fit ready for August! He did his longest run for ages on Friday. 

08/05/2016 at 20:29
GBM - There's no path up Grey Friar just head slightly to left of summit then head up and right to summit of Old Man. It is tricky Big Lee and I got a bit lost in thick cloud on the way down to 3 Shires after the old man, but a quick compass
bearing got us back on course! Did Eric have is compass with him ????
Edited: 08/05/2016 at 20:30
08/05/2016 at 20:35
PPP - Do you remember when you came up to the Lakes and met Minnie and I to recce leg 3 of the BG got some great pics! Did you ever do that MSc project that you were filming on route?
09/05/2016 at 19:59
M6- I do remember. It was lots of fun. I never did complete the MA though and sadly I think all the footage died with my old Mac!
10/05/2016 at 11:28

PPP- Bit late reply but I'm still not running. Going to try a jog tonight and see if my knee holds up.

10/05/2016 at 13:46

SARQ - believe it or not I still get the odd twinge from my rib after my fall a few years ago!

M6 - BT had his compass when we were near Grey Friar and I confirmed to him that he was right and we were running in a SE direction.  We were actually running in a NW direction, hence why we got a bit lost!

I think I'll make an appearance in August for a change.  I'll come up with the family, although we won't be slumming it!

41,321 to 41,340 of 41,367 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.