The Wanna Blista Social Club.

19,001 to 19,020 of 40,529 messages
13/12/2009 at 16:04

Great Vid WITGB. Just posted it on as many threads as I could & Im sending it as a link in every email from /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif[/img]tockport10@hotmail.co.uk]stockport10@hotmail.co.uk.

Happy Birthday TST 1:06 not bad for an old timer.

13/12/2009 at 16:05
dony know what happened there but you get my drift.
13/12/2009 at 16:44

I was going to post this morning but thought I should wait until safely back home:

Some ugly buggers on that video isn't there ??

13/12/2009 at 17:06

WITGB- Fanastic video

Kwaka- well done, you did a fine job organizing it all

GBM- Thanks for the lift home

13/12/2009 at 17:44
Muzzy - Many thanks for your help today. Unsung hero.... Drop me a mail me, either through here or the s10 email.
13/12/2009 at 18:58
Without question the finest vid since Bohemian Rhapsody circa 1975....
13/12/2009 at 19:13

Great times by Steve Mclean and PPP. I put it down to the expert organisation at the water station.

We had a bit of a run-in with a bloke in a landrover who insisted on driving straight through the race to his farm (at some speed) and then straight back again aboiut 15minutes later. Not sure what can be done about it but he almost took someone out on the junction with Otterspool Road. We gave him a load of abuse but he didn't seem at all bothered.

13/12/2009 at 20:49

Great video WITGB - although that tune is now firmly lodged in my head!!

Some absolutely tremendous performances today. PPP, TL, JS, TST, FOAR to name but a few. Well done to all of you . Now feeling suitably shamed into running this one next year!!

J8 - How much did Dougs op finally cost? It's possible that Jasper has broken his paw leaping off the sofa to chase the cat or something. He can't put weight on it and howled until the vet had given him a couple of painkilling jabs. He's going back tomorrow for x-rays (they wanted to keep him overnight at a prohibitive cost but we've got a cage so there's no need) and we'll have to take it from there. However, unlike you, pet insurance was on my 'to-do' list

Some more photos from today's race

13/12/2009 at 22:07

UB- Sorry to hear that, hope you are sitting down when you read this, just over £2,500, but hopefully it's something and nothing.

Can you put some pics on Facebook of him for the girls please.

13/12/2009 at 23:03

WITGB - Love the video, when's the next one.

UB - So, you want to run Stockport 10 next year? It's funny you say that, at about the 6 mile mark I was thinking there's no f*ucking way I'm doing this again next year, maybe I'll join in with the marshalling so I can cheer you on instead.

Eric - Can you do this on your magic treadmill?

Morticia - Was that you in Bredbury today?

13/12/2009 at 23:26

J8 - Ouch! I hope you're right! I'll get Mrs B to select some of the best ones to put on FB.

JS - Marshalling is much harder than running the S10!! It was war in the valley this morning because we had the brass neck to set up a water station in some woman's private lay-by not to mention delaying Farmer Palmer from his lunch

14/12/2009 at 07:03
JMC - If it was the same landrover guy who passed us sweepers, then it would seem that he only dislikes runners.
He slowed down to pass us, probably helped by the fact that we were weaving across the road a bit.
14/12/2009 at 07:30

A big WELL DONE to everyone yesterday. Runners, organisers,helpers and marshals. The runners all looked very happy, mainly I suspect because I was stood next to Farnie who must get the award for most enthusiastic marshalling!

JS- Yes that was me. Probably wasn't a good time to introduce myself. Hello!

Got very excited yesterday when I was driving towards the runners at one point and there was a bit of 'traffic calming' blocking my side of the road forcing me to move over and into the path of none other than Plod I did shout abuse out the window but I fear he was 'in the zone' and ignored me!

Edited: 14/12/2009 at 07:31
14/12/2009 at 07:53

The farmer who lets us open the gate in his yard does not have a land rover (well I did not see it when I got him up early to aske for the key) my guess is it is one of the horsey lot near the bends. I was more concerned the farmer said 'I have to open it, there is a truck coming later' that would have filled the road a little.

WITGB - vid went down well on striders site,

14/12/2009 at 09:07
Mort-the Zone entitled "excruciating pain" I felt like I blanked loads of people on the course, apologies for that, I was trying to focus.

my first experience of the legendary Stockport 10, and not one I will forget in a hurry. Was v nervous before hand.

the goody bag is a work of conceptual art. The accompanying video is remarkable. My wife was appalled by the meal worms, I left it all the kitchen worktop. Beautiful T shirt and I am looking forward to rubbing some ointment on my tender parts. Not worked out what to do with the sticker, but it will take pride of place somewhere.

I can honestly say that after the race I couldn't get over how well it was marshalled and what a logistical nightmare to take on and to achieve. Awe inspiring.

feel rather chastened that I did absolutely nothing to contribute.

Promise to do my bit next year.

Best part was crossing the line, feeling good, only for GBM, Isaac and J8 to gleefully inform me I had been beaten by a girl. At least it wasn't Mort.

14/12/2009 at 10:53

PPP - did you get the usual encouraging comments about the course being short when you crossed the finishing line? - although as I didn't run it was probably long this year.

Great time by the way - when are you going to do a half as you should easily get under 75min.

14/12/2009 at 13:11

JMC - surely a course is only short when you run it as you normally make it short by ducking out before the finish.   I will be doing the Woodbank X-country, I had no intention of doing BHC this weekend.

Well done yesterday everyone. 

Kwaka - you should be very proud with how it all went. 

First S10 2010 meeting at the end of January - full details to follow.

14/12/2009 at 13:13
Who's doing the xmas run from ours on Sunday so I know how many cakes and mince pies to bake! Also what time do you think we should run? 9 ? 9.30?
14/12/2009 at 13:28
JMC- thanks, I was more than happy with the time I ran. But I doubt very much that I could get close to sub 1:15. I have entered the Four villages and if conditions are OK, I would aim for a sub 1:18, maybe sub 1:17 on a good day. I was fortunate yesterday that I had Steve McLean to follow, I knew if I could stay anywhere close to within sight of him, I would be doing OK. It didn't feel short to me! and as usual I forgot to stop my Garmin for about 20 seconds, A few people I spoke to after thought it was correct. Also doing the Wilmslow half.

UB- your OH's photos are better than the official ones, very good positioning to make it look so scenic! think I need a haircut! Your recent mileage is rather intimidating, by the way!

14/12/2009 at 13:30
Minnie- wish I could make it but have to go to the OH's mums in County Durham. Hope you have fun.
19,001 to 19,020 of 40,529 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.