The Worst Ever...

Take That And Party?

61 to 76 of 76 messages
15/10/2002 at 10:56
Lizzy - Spyglass still there (although changed for the worse) , used to be able to get 6 pints for a fiver - how times have changed.
We always used to go there Fri/Sat nights (or the Queens Head and sometimes the Flying Saucer).
remember the uniform ...
We always used to blag tickets to the discos your school held at the King Charles/Regency Hotel. Howard/Rainhma Girls never did anything like that......

15/10/2002 at 11:12
Dustin ...We used to drink our cider there on Friday and Saturday nights as well ... and sometimes frequent the Queen´s Head, and occasionally the Cherry Tree in Parkwood (which was grim). So, this was around 1983-1985 (this makes me feel old). If you could get six pints for a fiver, perhaps your time was even earlier?

Ha, so you blagged your way into our sixth form parties? We got banned, progressively from every venue in the Medway Towns. I think the last one we organised was at Rochester Masonic Lodge ... as we travelled further and further away from Pump Lane to places where our name was not known ...
15/10/2002 at 11:33
I can never hear that plinky-plonky, ippy-dippy limp-wristed and amateurish backing to Andrew Gold's "Never Let Her Slip Away" without wanting to hit something really hard.
17/10/2002 at 10:24
LizzyB - oh dear , I fear our paths may have crossed.Was in 6th form 83-85.

Funnily enough the only time I was asked my age in the Spyglass was in about 1987 when I was 20, only been drinking there for 4 or 5 years......
17/10/2002 at 10:42
AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHhhhhhh! So you must have known people like Nick O´Hara and Mark can´t-remember-his-surname-but-he-went-to Lancaster-Uni.

Trying to remember the names of more Howard School boys ... but I can´t... which is strange as they played such an important part in the lives of most Rainham Mark Grammar School girls at the time!

BTW I was the tall and noisy redhead with spiky hair and too much makeup. Oh, that describes most Medway girls.

Do you remember a mini being squashed into a lampost outside the Spygalss c. 1984? Er, I was in the car that squashed it. Not driving it though ...
17/10/2002 at 10:54
It gets worse.
Nick O'Hara (cyclist) was one of my best mates at school although I haven't seen him since about 1990.
To be honest I don't see anyone I went to school with anymore , after I started working in'85 you just mix in different circles.I think I was one of about a dozen who didn't go to University,but got a job instead.
17/10/2002 at 10:55
Best gig ever (since I last wrote on this thread anyway) - a-ha at Wembley last Saturday night.....FAB!! I'm in love again......
17/10/2002 at 10:59
...Northwest Airlines!
Couldn't organise a whatsit in a brothel!
17/10/2002 at 13:42
Yup. And worse. I clicked on ´Dustin´ to get your real name. It didn´t mean anything to me ... then I went for my run and suddenly it dawned on me ... Terry was Nick´s best mate - tall, thin, fairish hair, long coat?

Er, confession time, I went out with Nick v. briefly in summer 1985!!!

Small, small world ......
17/10/2002 at 13:57

Fany - one of the strangest things I've heard on the radio this year was when Morten Harket went of Jonathan Ross' R2 show, and took his "therapist" in with him. I'm not too sure what this guy's deal was, but I think he did massage and spiritual stuff, and JR got really into it and had a massage live on air. Very surreal, and I think even JR was a little out of his depth in terms of strangeness...

17/10/2002 at 16:17
Saw a-ha at Royal Albert Hall earlier this year as a guest and was also invited to back stage mini gathering! Morten really does look well - a pity the others are not obviously taking his advice as they look a bit haggard to say the least!
My first and worst record - Don't give up on us baby - DAvid Soul
Worst Album - Sex Gang Children
Worst Gig - Siouxsie and the Banshees this year - it seemed so much better in the 80s! I didn't recognise hardly any of the songs and I've got most of the albums!!
Most recent gig - John Otway!! Very funny -worth going for the entertainment!
17/10/2002 at 16:29

And it's Brooooce a week on Sunday!
17/10/2002 at 16:31
And Sparks on Saturday! Can't wait - I can only remember the one hit in the 70s (obviously I was only a little girl at the time!)
Ratbag    pirate
17/10/2002 at 16:31
Anyone like James Taylor?? (not the quartet).

You need to be a certain age....

17/10/2002 at 16:32
God I used to fancy Morton Harket- sounds about right though after Mr A's comment about the weird stuff - why do I always go for the weird ones?
17/10/2002 at 17:37
Worst ever gig The Beautiful South at Liverpool Royal Court. Although I've seen them since and they were pretty good.

Also The Fall (same venue) - I fell asleep

Best gig Iron Maiden and Julian Cope (all 14 times)

Worst album - Placebo - Black Market Music (I think it's called that)

I wouldn't buy a single that was bad! That's madness, as you know what it sounds like before you buy it!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 76 of 76 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.