Things I learned today....

21 to 39 of 39 messages
18/10/2012 at 09:07
I've just found out what a Crombie jacket is :0)
18/10/2012 at 10:25
Rickster wrote (see)
knight rider wrote (see)

Well, there you go, I've learnt something new!

Is it also true ladies blouses have the buttons on the opposite side to a man's shirt?

I can't say that I'm an expert in ladies clothing.

Whether you can say it or not, eventually it will come out!   (ps. true)

Emmy_H wrote (see)

I finally learnt how to open a jar of pickle without having human strength (bang the lid on the corner)

I still haven't learned where the corner is on a round lid!

18/10/2012 at 10:32

I have learnt that you need to be careful and observant if you have a young puppy dog who is inquisitive and likes to eat everything. The reason I have learnt this was upon recipt of a £1600 vets bill as a result of said puppy having to undergo major bowel surgery 

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
18/10/2012 at 20:43

Oh yes indeed, our young pup eats anything and everything. My 5-year-old GSD is lucky to have survived puppyhood as he used to eat socks and underpants, amazingly they never got stuck anywhere, always came out of his rear end!

Yes, ladies clothing does button on the opposite side from menswear, coats, jackets, blouses, etc. No idea why.

19/10/2012 at 08:17
Bionic Ironwolf wrote (see)

Yes, ladies clothing does button on the opposite side from menswear, coats, jackets, blouses, etc. No idea why.

because most men are right handed?

19/10/2012 at 08:39

I've learned that people on minimum wage can work out and bypass complex Engineering design systems made by people on astronomic salaries, and that a new dog costs less than £1600

19/10/2012 at 08:45
MikeFrog wrote (see)

Are you saying most women are left-handed?

19/10/2012 at 08:48

Hey you just solved one of the world's biggest mysteries, why it takes my wife a good hour longer to get ready when we go out.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
19/10/2012 at 14:48

Found out this morning it bloody hurts when you shut the car door on your thumb!

I'm not left-handed and I'm a woman.

Edited: 19/10/2012 at 14:52
19/10/2012 at 15:09
Sadly enough I know the answer to the zip/button thing. It's about being dressed by a valet or a maid. One would do buttons while standing behind the person, the other from in front and so clothes buttoned up either left to right it right to left to make it easier for the valet or maid. Can't actually remember which way round it is but that's the gist of it.

I've learned that Office 2010 screws up my mailbox and it takes IT a week to get it sorted. And they've still not fixed it fully yet.
19/10/2012 at 19:50
Colin McLaughlin wrote (see)
MikeFrog wrote (see)

Are you saying most women are left-handed?

No. Most women are right handed too!

19/10/2012 at 21:22

I learned that you can get a great Halloween outfit from Asda without spending a fortune.

Blisters    pirate
20/10/2012 at 00:17

Someone turn those Asda alarms off please.

I learned that a padded gel saddle on my old bike is much more comfy than the racing razor on my new road bike.

Blisters    pirate
20/10/2012 at 00:18

I also learned that this is my 17,000th post on RW.

Now that IS totally pointless.

20/10/2012 at 00:32

A life well spent

20/10/2012 at 00:54

"Streets of London" by Ralph McTell was originally going to be called "Streets of Paris"

25/10/2012 at 21:02

Foam rollers hurt, a bloody lot   Used one tonight for the first time ever, and I didnt expect it to be an entirely pleasurable experience but I also did not expect that. Calf muscles hurt, Quads hurt a lot, after trying my IT band I am tempted to but it on Ebay as hardly used, one careful owner !!  Does it get any easier or do you at least get used to the pain ?

26/10/2012 at 13:05
Emmy_H wrote (see)

I finally learnt how to open a jar of pickle without having human strength (bang the lid on the corner)

Also if you run hot water over it for about 20 seconds

I discovered there IS a way to standardise the volume of all the tracks on my iPod so I'm no longer having to constantly adjust the sound.

26/10/2012 at 13:07
Rich Jackson wrote (see)

Foam rollers hurt, a bloody lot   Used one tonight for the first time ever, and I didnt expect it to be an entirely pleasurable experience but I also did not expect that. Calf muscles hurt, Quads hurt a lot, after trying my IT band I am tempted to but it on Ebay as hardly used, one careful owner !!  Does it get any easier or do you at least get used to the pain ?

It gets easier, but I think that just lulls you into a flase sense of security. Then you visit a physio and discover there is something more painful than foam rolling ITB (i.e. sadistic physio getting in there with elbows, needles and other torture impliments)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 39 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.