Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

281 to 300 of 16,371 messages
08/09/2010 at 10:26

Do you have a degree in staing the Obvious?

Lee the Pea    pirate
08/09/2010 at 10:29
Yes.  In fact, I have two degrees.  The other one is in spelling and punctuation, so I'm marking you down for missing out a 't' and for unnecessary capitalisation   
08/09/2010 at 10:31
ShOw OfF!
08/09/2010 at 10:32

LTP - ain't that the truth!  I've been training like a mad thing for the GNR, coming back from injury and battling asthma.  Over the last couple of weeks, I've been going much faster than previously, problem is I can only sustain the speed for a minute - 90 seconds before I notice I'm not actually getting anywhere near enough oxygen (the black spots and dizzy spells give it away). My GP is doing all she can at the moment to keep my asthma properly managed and I just have to accept, in my current health, a better pace is not do-able.

And the next person who sneers "Paula Radcliffe does it" will reduce me to tears.

Lee the Pea    pirate
08/09/2010 at 10:32
Blisters and beer wrote (see)
ShOw OfF!

Hehehehe.

p.s. I know the above doesn't consititute a real word, but then again, I didn't get first class honours, so I'm allowed to make mistakes

Edited: 08/09/2010 at 10:33
Lee the Pea    pirate
08/09/2010 at 10:34
AllNewTB wrote (see)

LTP - ain't that the truth!  I've been training like a mad thing for the GNR, coming back from injury and battling asthma.  Over the last couple of weeks, I've been going much faster than previously, problem is I can only sustain the speed for a minute - 90 seconds before I notice I'm not actually getting anywhere near enough oxygen (the black spots and dizzy spells give it away). My GP is doing all she can at the moment to keep my asthma properly managed and I just have to accept, in my current health, a better pace is not do-able.

And the next person who sneers "Paula Radcliffe does it" will reduce me to tears.

Ah Paula Schmaula.  I bet you don't have to stop to take a dump then end up crying at the side of the road though?  You win
08/09/2010 at 10:37

Didn't get first class honours, Lee?? You obviously weren't putting the effort in

(BTW, neither did I!)

08/09/2010 at 10:58
You're on form this morning Pea!
08/09/2010 at 11:13
My God how dull is she when shes not on form!
08/09/2010 at 12:21

Prime Minister questions is on..............

If Lea the Pea degree(s) were gained by a combination of effort and ability then why doesn't that apply to other endeavours such as running.

Order!!!

08/09/2010 at 12:21

Top ranting Seren - well said!

NLR -  yeah, I did all that shit to avoid blisters, surgical spirit, shoe a half size bigger, double layer socks, silicone toe caps and vaseline. I still got  them.

Not only can people like you not appreciate other people's achievements, the sad thing is,  you never enjoy your own either do you, because you're never allowed to say "actually at this time and this place that was good enough" ?

I know it's a "man" thing. It's still pathetic.

08/09/2010 at 12:31
hello my darling husband, do you like my new top and necklace? I bought them this morning because the clothes I came to work in looked like they belonged to someone else, someone who had slept in them for three nights straight.
08/09/2010 at 12:45

No wonder you got blisters with all that on

Double layer socks-waste of money

Surgical spirit-myth

vaseline-ok

silicone toe caps-what?

try removing hard skin and keeping you feet soft-simple!

My point is that blisters are not a medal to hang round your neck-brag about not getting them

I'm guessing you may not thank me for my advice

08/09/2010 at 12:51

So many things I'm just not allowed to say "out there" in the real world....  "Life is good" is probably the big one.

08/09/2010 at 12:52
Hey, leave NLR alone, this was supposed to be thread for saying the unacceptable
08/09/2010 at 12:55

Good point cake and yes I do get a guaranteed place for London but lots of people don't. Giving my thoughts here in the spirit of the thread title. Many people I run with agree with this view but of course we only encourage the slower runners although it really is lack of training rather than ability that usually leads to a sub 4 and a half hour marathon.

I think Alex Vera prooved this point very well. No wonder he got a lot of grief from people on the Forums. Poor Alex

08/09/2010 at 12:57

Well said Frog- I could kiss you. People are so pecious on here - but we all knew that didnt we?

seren nos    pirate
08/09/2010 at 13:00

which is why I answered with a rant mike frog and then answered politely

But I still think that the elite runners can understand why someone might run a marathon an hour or so slower then them because of various limitations...........why can't some slower runners eg 3:00 hrs understand that other have limitations that restrict them to 4 hours and 5 hours and at these times people are running for the full distance and have trained for years........not walking at all.......

It must be down to their character or lack of understanding.........

and the sun is out today now so no more ranting...............peace in my house so I'm off for a bath............( cause I have been out training)

Nam
08/09/2010 at 13:05
what does "pecious" mean?
08/09/2010 at 13:10
I run 5k in 40 minutes, and don't walk once!  Scaling that up that'd be well over 5 hours for a marathon.  I just run very, very slowly
281 to 300 of 16,371 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.