Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

7,641 to 7,660 of 16,418 messages
25/06/2011 at 14:14
Dear Michael Atherton, when commentating on a woman's T20 game, it would highly unlikely to have a 'man' at deep square leg.
26/06/2011 at 00:21
Oh Coldplay...FECK OFF
26/06/2011 at 00:28
Dear abdominal muscles ok its been nearly a week stop with the DOMS ok?
i know its my fault using the roller thing and gym ball in one go but 5 days ?
Edited: 26/06/2011 at 00:29
26/06/2011 at 09:10
To the knob jockey who thinks it's ok to mow your lawn before 9am,

I don't get many chances of a lie in, but today was gonna be my best shot. Thanks for ruining it.

26/06/2011 at 16:37
54 minutes for a 5k RFL does not warrant a 'yay me'. You walked it, didn't you? A 3 mile walk, and you want sponsorship for this? Hmm. Our walk to and from the pub is longer than that and we don't want sponsorship for it.
26/06/2011 at 17:59

It would help pay for the pints though

26/06/2011 at 23:00
I said earlier and I'll say it again.I love you all. (Even that Milliband twat!)
27/06/2011 at 08:15
AllNew wrote (see)
54 minutes for a 5k RFL does not warrant a 'yay me'. You walked it, didn't you? A 3 mile walk, and you want sponsorship for this? Hmm. Our walk to and from the pub is longer than that and we don't want sponsorship for it.

I know it was warm yesterday but that isn't even a decent walking pace

OK I have been away all of 5 days - 137 emails? Are you f*cking kidding me?

27/06/2011 at 11:49
Why? Why do you use your speakerphone? I don't WANT to hear both sides of your conversation with your bank - I'd rather not hear YOUR side. It's just you in your office, it's not a question of needing your hands free, I can see you just sitting there, leaning forward slightly to speak into the phone. You look ridiculous. Speakerphone is ridiculous. Stoppit at once.
27/06/2011 at 11:50
And I know that once you've finished the conversation, you're going to come in here and rant about it in great detail.

I DON'T CARE!!
27/06/2011 at 11:50
I'm going to go to the post office and buy sweeties.
27/06/2011 at 11:54
Scream - apparently she did get quite sunburnt, so that obviously slowed her down a bit.
27/06/2011 at 12:36

Dear fellow airline passengers

Do you applaud your spouse/partner when they park the car successfully?  No?  Then why did you feel it necessary to applaud the pilot when he landed the plane?  He does it several times a week, and it wasn't even windy.  Or a particularly brilliant landing.

Were you still under the influence of Sangria or something?

27/06/2011 at 12:45
Dear Charge Nurse

Thank you so much for looking after us as we stayed in hospital with my 3 day old niece HOWEVER on what planet was it appropriate for you to get squeamish and openly uncomfortable whenever my sister was trying to breastfeed the baby?! We were in hospital because the baby couldn't feed.

Come on, your behaviour made my sister feel guilty every time she attempted to feed her baby.

I know you were feeding the little one with formula through a tube and you weren't particularly bothered about whether she managed to establish breastfeeding or not but you didn't have to make it harder for her.

From a very cross SOLB
Edited: 27/06/2011 at 12:53
27/06/2011 at 12:58
Screamapillar wrote (see)

OK I have been away all of 5 days - 137 emails? Are you f*cking kidding me?

5 days = 419 mails for me Screamy so i know how you feel, I nearly cried and only about 100 of them were true junk.

27/06/2011 at 13:08
she_of_little_brain wrote (see)
Dear Charge Nurse Thank you so much for looking after us as we stayed in hospital with my 3 day old niece HOWEVER on what planet was it appropriate for you to get squeamish and openly uncomfortable whenever my sister was trying to breastfeed the baby?! We were in hospital because the baby couldn't feed. Come on, your behaviour made my sister feel guilty every time she attempted to feed her baby. I know you were feeding the little one with formula through a tube and you weren't particularly bothered about whether she managed to establish breastfeeding or not but you didn't have to make it harder for her. From a very cross SOLB

All health care trusts have policies on encouraging breastfeeding so if a nurse is doing something to discourage it then you should make the trust aware of it.
27/06/2011 at 13:18

Dear You Know Who You Are, 

For 3 weeks solid, I have slogged my guts out and now it is the auditors' first day here today..........enjoy your sudden day off and I hope you get feckin' sunburn

I am sick of being a mug!

27/06/2011 at 13:33
Thanks M.ister W,

Complaining about the NHS seems odd when they do such a fantastic job but this guy just made it so much harder.

I watched my sister crying trying to work out when it would be 'safe' to try another feed.

It's because we were on a children's ward rather than a neonatal one but the guy was unnecessarily squeamish. He even refused to come in and talk while I was cuddling the baby on the bed because I had pyjama shorts on ... a little odd. (My legs aren't THAT bad)

Everyone bar the midwives who visited and one consultant weren't bothered about my sis breast feeding at all. They allowed her to use expressed milk in the feeding tube first and to continue to attempt to feed before each intervention but we were made very aware it was inconvenient. They made it perfectly clear that it'd be easier for them if she just switched to bottle feeding.

Anyway they are home and have managed to establish breastfeeding despite the challenges so perhaps I'll have my little rant here then shut up and be happy that they are doing so well.
Nam
27/06/2011 at 13:54

Dear residents of a particular locality... 

Good grief....

For years you've been moaning about the lack of family accommodation and overcrowding because you're all breeding like rabbits.

Now a cluster of houses is going to be build on unused, non-greenbelt land... including various units of family social housing, and what do you do?????

You complain that you can no longer take the short cut across the railway line, which - by the way - is illegal anyway, you lazy bunch of chavs. 

Edited: 27/06/2011 at 13:54
27/06/2011 at 15:09
SOLB, chances are he was just trying to be polite and aware of the fact that a lot of new mothers are not that comfortable at breastfeeding, or attempting to, in front of a male nurse.  He was probably not being squeamish, more courteous.  No 1 Child was in the NICU when he was born, attended by a male paediatrician.  However, whenever I was there to breastfeed him, the doctor left the room - out of courtesy to me.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.