Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,341 to 14,360 of 16,650 messages
08/02/2013 at 11:24

Just in case someone didn't get that picture of my dinner i'll put it on Twitter aswell just to be sure. 

08/02/2013 at 11:33

I can sort of understand the thinking behind taking a picture of dinner if your at The Kitchin, or Claridges (but not why you'd want to post it), but the Harvester / Pizza Express ?? Beggars belief

08/02/2013 at 11:38

I took a picture of my dinner at the Harvester.  But only because it was deeply undercooked chicken and I was about to be regurgitating it in the car park.  Really  not a pleasant experience.  They had a rush on the spit roast chicken and had 2 more on the spit than they were supposed to.  Food Standards weren't impressed, and they gave us compensation.  In the form of Harvester vouchers 

Needless to say we didn't go there again.  Other ones were fine, but not that one.  Woodford Green high road, if anyone's interested. This was about 4 years ago though.

08/02/2013 at 11:40

Hahaha! I reckon it would be seriously bad form to be seen taking a picture of your dinner in Claridges anyway.

If I was having dinner with someone and they started updating Facebook at the table and messaging etc I would be sorely tempted to grab the phone from them shout "ABRACADABRA" and make it vanish out of the nearest window.

I could start a whole new rant about manners. Or more specifically knuckle draggers that don't have any. And it's not just Chavs either.

08/02/2013 at 11:43

Mr B E - but did you post it on FB?
Taking a picture because the food is awful is one thing, sharing it with 600 people you claim to know is another...

08/02/2013 at 11:45

I only have 20 friends on FB, and I hadn't joined at that point.

Oh, and I am specifically not friends with any of my family.

08/02/2013 at 14:56

dear forumites,

please have the decency to do a little research before starting a 'new' thread!

most of the content can be found already.

thats what the search bar is for

08/02/2013 at 15:17
Jason Wintin wrote (see)

dear forumites,

please have the decency to do a little research before starting a 'new' thread!

most of the content can be found already.

thats what the search bar is for

Thought this was supposed to be anonymous and unfindable, not saying it directly to the people concerned...

08/02/2013 at 15:22

To my gobby new team mate. You have been doing this particular job for many years so I would like to learn from you as much as I can. I, however, have been dealing with this product a lot longer than you so am happy to share my knowledge with you. This combination should make a strong team. Bearing in mind that I started on this particular project before you I know a bit more about it than you so why do you think it is ok for you to come in and take over the running of the project, changing things that I have done without speaking to me first, going off and having meetings with our boss and not involving me ? I replied to one of your emails but the reply wasnt what you wanted to hear was it ? That was just my first message to you to tell you that if you continue to carry on in this way dont think for one minute that I am going to jump how high you tell me to or that I will just roll over and do what you have decided on your own. We are meant to be working as a team. Next time I will stitch you up so if anything goes wrong you will be left to sort the sh1t out on your own. You used to do the managers job but recently said you couldnt deal with the pressure so why do you think now that you can suddenly start managing everything and everyone yet you are not actually the project manager for what we are working on ? And another thing, I dont want to hear you laughing when you are in another office which is down the corridor and round the corner so keep it buttoned. And I always know when you are arriving in the office as you stamp your way down to our part of the office which alerts everyone to your impending arrival. For someone so small you dont half make a lot of noise.

08/02/2013 at 16:17

Dear future boss: thanks for that. Still as clear as mud then?

09/02/2013 at 14:02
Mr By 'Eck wrote (see)

Catalin, its not uncommon for people working in mental health to have mental health issues themselves.  He/She might have bi-polar.  Or she might just have excessive PMT.

It's a he. so no to PMT! And definitely not bipolar, more a mooody bastard especially when stressed. And is stressed because he takes too much on. We do wonder whether some of his problems are age related. He's been in his job for a long time and doesn't really like change so hasn't moved with the times. It is hilllarious watching his attempts to interact with technology!

Luckily for me I don't get the worst of it at the moment as my project is at a stage where I can just get on with it. But he does tend to take one piece of informaiton about people and fixate on it. So you could be flavour of tghe month for ages, but if you mess one thing up that's all he sees.

Screampiller - he tends to stomp in past our offices, and we can tell his mood by the stompyness! I say hello if in the corridoor but don't go out of my way to.

09/02/2013 at 14:46

Dear fashion shops: do you really have to play f*cking awful R&B all the time? To me it just sounds like whining punctuated by occasional yodelling and I walked straight out of one of you today because I just couldn't stand it any more. If you really have to play that sh*t at least turn it down!

09/02/2013 at 14:59
Dustin wrote (see)

I can sort of understand the thinking behind taking a picture of dinner if your at The Kitchin, or Claridges (but not why you'd want to post it), but the Harvester / Pizza Express ?? Beggars belief

If I were out with someone who started facebooking or twittering during dinner, I'd be very put out.  It's just plain bad manners as far as I'm concerned!

11/02/2013 at 07:53

People who treat their dogs like a surrogate child. Stop it.
You do know what they use their tongues for as well don't you? So no, I don't want a 'kiss' from Rover/Scampi/Fluff.

11/02/2013 at 14:49
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dear future boss: thanks for that. Still as clear as mud then?

Oh come on, please sort this out FFS! Not only am I getting emails about stuff that's not my area, I'm even getting them about stuff that's not even my job. 

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 14:50
12/02/2013 at 01:04
If you don't want foxes in your house then shut the f***ing doors. Better still lock them since you're living in Lewisham.
12/02/2013 at 08:15

If you want me to read your posts, keep them short please. I'm not going to plough through novels, entire life stories or theses.

12/02/2013 at 08:48

You are a big headed tw@t and I hope you get inured.

12/02/2013 at 09:05

I've turned my phone off because I am at work and don't want you ringing me 10 times this morning to ask the same thing that I have already given you the answer to.

12/02/2013 at 09:17

bloke in the offices on the first floor...
what is so extremely urgent that you must text reply (or whatever the jargon is) at 7.15am (and not at 7.16am) when you are but metres away from your office, where a proper size keyboard awaits, equipped with buttons large enough that you don't have to backspace delete every other letter because the keys are so ridiculously small.
Then you wouldn't walk into me as you're not looking where you're going..
tw@t

14,341 to 14,360 of 16,650 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.