Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,501 to 14,520 of 16,533 messages
22/03/2013 at 11:43

Your daughter is being selfish and a bit mean to my daughter at school - but not quite nasty enough to warrant making a big issue of it.

22/03/2013 at 15:54

Tbh, Garmin, I don't see any issue at all with the usb data transfer and recharging cable that my old 305 uses. But you've gone over to this fancy new-fangled Ant agent so fair enough, I'll install it.

So I need Windows Media Player ver 11. Dunno why to run a Garmin GPS watch, but okay. Download. You want to validate my Windows. Okay. Click here to run the ActiveX control to validate your Windows. Done. Downloaded, installed a music and DVD playing software that I didn't want. And reboot. Can I install Ant now?

So you want to set up something called .NET Framework. Okay. Download and install. Twiddle fingers, tum di tum, another half an hour wasted. Reboot.

So, double-click on the Ant setup software. Seems to install okay. Off to the test page. Device not found. Garmin Communicator plugin not present. You could have said I needed that beforehand, but never mind. Download. Yes please, I want to install the plugin. Close Firefox. Reboot once again.

Start up the Ant software. No device found. Go to pairing menu on my new 310xt and set the Ant also to pairing. They pair. Whoopee. I mean, some instructions might have been helpful with all this.

That said, it seems to work well enough but I still can't see what was the problem with the old-fashioned usb cable. Oh well, such is progress.

22/03/2013 at 17:06
Dustin wrote (see)

Game of Thrones - sorry, don't get it. Maybe if you're ten, but heck you're a grown man.
Ditto "bored of the rings" or whatever its called

Game of Thrones may have a fantasy setting, but it's very far removed from being a childs book based on it's content. Most definitely adult literature and also awesome.

22/03/2013 at 20:36

Never seen Game of Thrones admittedly but I have actually heard it described as being "for teenage boys who can't get girlfriends".

22/03/2013 at 21:15

Dear cat - eat your bloody food!

22/03/2013 at 22:02
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Never seen Game of Thrones admittedly but I have actually heard it described as being "for teenage boys who can't get girlfriends".

The enlightened folk refer to those people as morons, but our main concern is Martin finishing writing the last two books before he pops his clogs.

cougie    pirate
22/03/2013 at 22:11
True - he doesn't look a picture of health ! Write goddamit !
26/03/2013 at 16:59

So you've started a thread on a national running internet forum, about an interesting-sounding marathon somewhere - presumably because you want to spark debate about it.

Does it really not cross your simple mind to put the date of the event in the title, or on the first post.... or anywhere on the first page...  or indeed on any blooming page?

If people are going to have to Google (yet again), on the off chance that they might still be interested after having identified the date and location, then a lot aren't going to bother. You're going to lose a lot of lost of people.  Understand?  Or did you just want to have a debate with yourself?

26/03/2013 at 18:27

You can't mass debate by yourself?

oh..hang on..

26/03/2013 at 19:57
Eggyh73 wrote (see)
Dustin wrote (see)

Game of Thrones - sorry, don't get it. Maybe if you're ten, but heck you're a grown man.
Ditto "bored of the rings" or whatever its called

Game of Thrones may have a fantasy setting, but it's very far removed from being a childs book based on it's content. Most definitely adult literature and also awesome.

I like Game of Thrones ... for those that have followed this thread from the start 'My Dearest Darling Puppy' was almost a star in it (his breeder was asked to supply the 'dire wolf puppies' in the first series, but he was born 2 weeks too late, so another litter was used! ... fecking typical of him!!).

26/03/2013 at 20:56
Lå®Ð䮧€ wrote (see)

You can't mass debate by yourself?

oh..hang on..

27/03/2013 at 00:52

The old ones are the best ones... 

27/03/2013 at 09:01
Run Wales wrote (see)

You're going to lose a lot of lost of people.  Understand? 

This particular line was not one of my finest literary moments

gingerfurball    pirate
27/03/2013 at 11:45

http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/550x/ba/5c/89/ba5c89721900cb9c2b64b0acaa364d09.jpg

27/03/2013 at 11:59

To my Ex:

No you can't dump me at Christmas, get with someone else 2 weeks later then beg for me to take you back when you realise what you've lost. Oh and dump your current squeeze for you as you don't have the balls! I will not answer any more of your calls/emails/txts and I will not be grateful that you now want to make it work. Nor will I give you another chance as I have a gorgeous shiny new bike which is far more important to me now (and a much better ride! ) than you ever will be!

(she walks away smugly to go for a ride :P )

27/03/2013 at 13:56

Eek Ginger - what a Cockwomble, sounds like you're well shot of him!

Enjoy your ride 

27/03/2013 at 14:15

cockwomble

27/03/2013 at 14:21

Cockwomble

That's my new favorite word

Definately well shot of him and onto bigger and better things now.....

p.s. My ride was fantastic thanks! 

27/03/2013 at 16:50

Ha ha, nice one Ginger 

30/03/2013 at 08:51
GingerG wrote (see)
Definately well shot of him and onto bigger and better things now.....

p.s. My ride was fantastic thanks! 

If your bike is bigger and better then you have made the right move Ginger!

The sun is shining and I'm considering getting my bike out and giving it a service.  He's bigger and better than anything I've had for a while

14,501 to 14,520 of 16,533 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.