Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,581 to 14,600 of 16,535 messages
16/04/2013 at 14:56

It was you who decided on the 'duties' and that you were "going to be in charge of cakes", meaning I should make the tea and coffee. Whilst I didn't necessarily mind the fact that all you had to do was put a slice on a plate and spend the rest of your time sitting on your arse what I did mind was you storming over whilst I was talking to someone to announce, in that rather exasperated tone, that there was someone waiting for a coffee.

Well make them one then! I'm quite sure you're capable of boiling a bloody kettle. It's not as if you've had to do much else is it?

We're raising money for charity and it's supposed to be fun, so try not to squeeze the last bit of enjoyment out of it by being over-controlling.

16/04/2013 at 17:05
Will you please decide if you are going to get chickenpox. I daren't plan anything because people are getting a bit fed up of me cancelling everytime you are poorly
17/04/2013 at 08:41

Dear senior programme manager – please when you talk to me take your eyes away from your bloody phone. It is not only irritating it makes it seem as if you’re not interested in what I’m saying, which is strange as you are the one asking me a question. This doesn’t prove that you’re busy; it just proves that you’re a self-important gobshite.

If you had removed your nose from your iPhone then you may well observe things more and not come out with statements like “I’m not sure about supporting your promotion as I don’t know what you do.” I did try to explain this to you by taking 10 minutes of your time and sent you a meeting invite, which you accepted. I would have loved to have had the opportunity of outlining the effort I’ve put in over 2 years. The many months where I’ve worked 80-100 hours, the weekends where I have annoyed my wife by working to the point where my marriage was in serious danger, the times I have covered for the ineptitude of the managers that you have appointed (who are as clueless about planning and resourcing as you are) and the process improvements that I’ve implemented to ensure that as a company we didn’t totally piss off the client. However you failed to answer your phone (I’m not sure how as it seems to be glued to your fist), didn’t respond to my voice messages or answer my emails.

I didn’t get the promotion. As such I’ve decided that I’m not that bothered about getting promoted if getting it means I have to suck up to you. And so the next time you need me to dig your arse out of the shit you can go and swivel.

17/04/2013 at 08:50

So you broke your leg on holiday. Pity it wasn't your neck.

17/04/2013 at 08:54

colleague...stop pretending to be OUTRAGED at the cost of Lady T's funeral. admit it...you are LOVING it and would have been DEVASTATED if it had been a quiet, private affair, depriving you of your eagerly-anticipated HATE.

17/04/2013 at 09:43

Dude - just ask him if he feels outraged about the ~£10bln opportunity 'loss' we got when Gordon Brown sold our gold at ~$275/oz (its $1381 now)
A few mill is irrelevant

17/04/2013 at 11:23

What does it say about our ability to feel empathy that on the day of the Boston bombing another similar abhorrent act in Iraq cost 50 odd lives and injured twice as many people as in Boston yet got barely a side glance from our traditional and social media?

Firstly this is not a political point I am making, both events disgust me equally and the parralels are endless. On this forum I can understand that there may be people who had friends and love ones running and watching and also as runners we feel a bit closer to the event than most but in general TV, radio and social media has been ramping up the "tragedy and devastation" angle of Boston and yet similar events overseas get the factual treatment.

The uncomfortable question I'm asking is this; is there a sub concious racism involved here? Are we just naturally more empathetic to people who look like us and live lives similar to ourselves? Or are we just more innured to events in the Middle East?

17/04/2013 at 11:34

Clustering?  Groups?  together?

*shudder*

17/04/2013 at 11:48

DF3 - By "We" I'm hoping you mean Man not you and your friends back home in Oz

17/04/2013 at 12:25
oirisheyes wrote (see)

The uncomfortable question I'm asking is this; is there a sub concious racism involved here? Are we just naturally more empathetic to people who look like us and live lives similar to ourselves? Or are we just more innured to events in the Middle East?

It's a bit of both but I don't think it's racism. There's always been the theory that one person dying in your street is of more interest than 500 dying in China.

Why we are increasingly treating events that happened in the US as though they happened here might be relevant question, although common language will have a lot to do with it. Once news has to be filtered through interpreters it loses its immediacy.

There's also freedom of the press. Not all nation's governments allow the unrestricted to-ing and fro-ing of information that we accept as a given.

17/04/2013 at 12:44

That's also true.

17/04/2013 at 12:58

Dear George Osborne, were you really crying over Thatcher?

Be honest, you had a pair of tweezers hidden down there didn't you?

17/04/2013 at 13:04
My name is Womble and I went to the funeral procession.
17/04/2013 at 14:08

Dear woman at the Virgin Active gym last night - I have noticed you over the last three months. It's difficult not to as on occasions you have been bent over a bench working your triceps in front of me and that has left me thanking whoever invented Lycra. Thank you for the smile yesterday - it really made my day. And if I'd had the nerve I would have congratulated you. They are magnificent.

17/04/2013 at 15:01

Oh you perve Guarddog  :-P

17/04/2013 at 15:14

DF3 has hit the nail on the head.

Bombs and death in Iraq happen so often, they are not "news" any more.

17/04/2013 at 15:53

You run an excellent practice and I've been coming to you for 20 years. I've always been very happy with the service and treatment.

I don't doubt the professionalism and skill with which you installed that crown today but for £400 it had better last a long long time ... £400 ... ouch.

17/04/2013 at 16:50
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Oh you perve Guarddog  :-P

What can I say apart from "Hubbahubba"

17/04/2013 at 21:07
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dear George Osborne, were you really crying over Thatcher?

Be honest, you had a pair of tweezers hidden down there didn't you?

perhaps he was moved to tears by the service for Mrs T, perhaps he was reminded of other funerals that were more personal to him.  Funerals can get you like that.

18/04/2013 at 08:07

You're assuming George Osborne has a soul then Miffi?

Some wag in the Guardian suggested it was because he'd realised he was no longer the second most unpopular person in Britain 

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 08:09
14,581 to 14,600 of 16,535 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.