Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,601 to 14,620 of 16,412 messages
03/04/2013 at 13:29

yeah they do. Vet said if he's not eating it's probably time for him to go

He went very quickly and is not buried in the garden next to his brother. Sad day but better than watching him die slowly in pain.

03/04/2013 at 15:15

We have two brothers buried in the garden too Catalin. As you say, very sad, but better 

than the alternative - I just wish we could be so merciful with humans.

Dear interweb - I think you're great but you really do make shopping far too easy. I've spent a ridiculous amount in the last couple of weeks just parked here at my desk.

Dear Screamy - stop spending money online!

03/04/2013 at 15:30

Dear online shopper,

Do you like everything you've bought?  I mean REALLY like it?

It might have cost you 3 quid less than on the high street, but if you're going to end up using/wearing it for a month, then leaving it in the cupboard, because it doesn't QUITE fit, or doesn't feel QUITE right, or isn't QUITE the right colour....  well it didn't really save you 3 quid now, did  it?!  In fact you just wasted twenty quid.

Go to the shop. See it, feel it, try it, buy it.  It really is a  more satisfying way to live.

03/04/2013 at 15:52
Run Wales wrote (see)

Dear online shopper,

Yes. And I don't shop online because it's cheaper. Mostly I do it to click and collect (saves queueing) or because I can't find it anywhere else. Unless, of course, you are addressing some other online shopper...

03/04/2013 at 16:09

When I shop on line and it doesn't QUITE fit, or doesn't feel QUITE right, or isn't QUITE the right colour... I send it back!

I only buy from retailers that give you free returns 

03/04/2013 at 16:50
Run Wales wrote (see)

...if you're going to end up using/wearing it for a month, then leaving it in the cupboard, because it doesn't QUITE fit, or doesn't feel QUITE right, or isn't QUITE the right colour....  well it didn't really save you 3 quid now, did  it?!  In fact you just wasted twenty quid.

Go to the shop. See it, feel it, try it, buy it.  It really is a  more satisfying way to live.

i do that after buying stuff on the high street.

03/04/2013 at 20:58

Dear Admiral Car Insurance: Leonard Bernstein must be spinning in his grave........

04/04/2013 at 01:13

Adolf, why did you listen to Göring? You didn't need air superiority.

04/04/2013 at 03:57

Have to admit I'm lazy, if I order something online and it doesn't fit I usually chuck it in the wardrobe and forget about it....until my wife finds it and sends it back for me 

04/04/2013 at 08:07

Fake topiary balls - why?

04/04/2013 at 09:23

bloke (40ish) who got off at my stop last night...Ok so you're wearing those big headphones and enjoying the tunes. There is no need to whistle indescriminate excerpts . It was like being followed by the clangers...

05/04/2013 at 11:23

Why am I telling you how to do your job? In fact why am I always f*cking having to tell people how to do their jobs? It's the same every time anyone new arrives - why don't you train people properly?

05/04/2013 at 13:21

A bit more notice would be nice.  In fact were you going to tell me at all?  If I hadn't found the engineer measuring up the space and questioned him I probably wouldn't know at all.

Well, you've left me 4 weeks to go 3 months worth of work... again.  I'm getting fed up with this.

06/04/2013 at 08:56

I would have cared about your charity appeal, bike ride, run etc, if you wern't the 35th person this week from the office asking me for just a small donation of 1 pound for whathever thier charity is! 

gingerfurball    pirate
08/04/2013 at 09:21

nm

Edited: 08/04/2013 at 09:22
08/04/2013 at 15:18

Dear woman on the till: never has "you're welcome" sounded more like "f*ck off!"

08/04/2013 at 15:43
It's the nutter on the bus syndrome DF3
08/04/2013 at 16:02

Its partly because you are fat and lazy that you cannt run. Nothing else i am afraid.

08/04/2013 at 16:16

I hate having to answer stupid questions in Supermarkets etc. I now use self service wherever possible and I like anything automated. I just can't be bothered with the general passing pleasantries. Road Tax renewal for example, I just do it over the phone using the key pad. I can't be arsed with the "old way". It means talking to someone in a Post Office.

Our local Supermarket has a bloke working there known to my friends and I as the "How are you today?" man. He asks you, forgets, and asks you again. Three times in one bloody visit to the till - "how are you today?" I'M FINE!! IM FINE!! THREE BLOODY TIMES!!! "do you want bags?" No, why would I want bags? I have about 60 quids worth but I'm sure I can juggle most of it. Maybe I can stuff it all down my trousers?! Of course I want bloody bags, and an extra one to put over your bloody head!!! don't ask if I've got a bloody loyalty card or whatever because I'm about to have a nervous breakdown. I just want to buy this stuff and leave. GOD!!!!.

08/04/2013 at 16:18

Have you considered on-line supermarket shopping, DB?

14,601 to 14,620 of 16,412 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.