Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,661 to 14,680 of 16,408 messages
17/04/2013 at 12:44

That's also true.

17/04/2013 at 12:58

Dear George Osborne, were you really crying over Thatcher?

Be honest, you had a pair of tweezers hidden down there didn't you?

17/04/2013 at 13:04
My name is Womble and I went to the funeral procession.
17/04/2013 at 14:08

Dear woman at the Virgin Active gym last night - I have noticed you over the last three months. It's difficult not to as on occasions you have been bent over a bench working your triceps in front of me and that has left me thanking whoever invented Lycra. Thank you for the smile yesterday - it really made my day. And if I'd had the nerve I would have congratulated you. They are magnificent.

17/04/2013 at 15:01

Oh you perve Guarddog  :-P

17/04/2013 at 15:14

DF3 has hit the nail on the head.

Bombs and death in Iraq happen so often, they are not "news" any more.

17/04/2013 at 15:53

You run an excellent practice and I've been coming to you for 20 years. I've always been very happy with the service and treatment.

I don't doubt the professionalism and skill with which you installed that crown today but for £400 it had better last a long long time ... £400 ... ouch.

17/04/2013 at 16:50
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Oh you perve Guarddog  :-P

What can I say apart from "Hubbahubba"

17/04/2013 at 21:07
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dear George Osborne, were you really crying over Thatcher?

Be honest, you had a pair of tweezers hidden down there didn't you?

perhaps he was moved to tears by the service for Mrs T, perhaps he was reminded of other funerals that were more personal to him.  Funerals can get you like that.

18/04/2013 at 08:07

You're assuming George Osborne has a soul then Miffi?

Some wag in the Guardian suggested it was because he'd realised he was no longer the second most unpopular person in Britain 

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 08:09
18/04/2013 at 09:54

I am so tired of these soshul meeja campaigns trying to get people to make a spurious "look at me, I'm in with the in-crowd" gesture in "solidarity" with something or other. Usually dreamt up as a clever wheeze on Facebook or Twatter over a double espresso by a bunch of "creatives" in skinny jeans, sleeveless pullovers and oversized fake NHS glasses. And usually urged on us by someone who's not been on the forum before. A minute of so of contemplation and reflection is quite enough and more appropriate.

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 10:36
18/04/2013 at 11:41

Dear MIL - whilst I don't mind your first words when you come in being "Stick the kettle on", even though I might be doing something else, I would really appreciate it if you'd use the coasters to put your mug on. In fact it's difficult to miss the coasters as there are generally at least 3 on each table, but you somehow manage to do this. I've even watched you carefully move a coaster to one side so that you can make a nice ring on my rather expensive furniture.

The next time I will be making a similar mark on your forehead.

18/04/2013 at 12:15

Dear work colleague,

Repeating comedy sketch show catchphrases some of which that are nearly 30 years old does not make you a comedy genius but it could make me into a murderer.

Stop for both our sakes........ and because I said the word "stop" this is not your cue to say "carry on"

18/04/2013 at 12:22

oirish, you should beat him to the punchline with a "hammertime" of your own.

18/04/2013 at 12:24
AgentGinger wrote (see)

oirish, you should beat him to the punchline with a "hammertime" of your own.

Or just beat him with a hammer.

18/04/2013 at 12:25
Muttley wrote (see)

I am so tired of these soshul meeja campaigns trying to get people to make a spurious "look at me, I'm in with the in-crowd" gesture in "solidarity" with something or other. Usually dreamt up as a clever wheeze on Facebook or Twatter over a double espresso by a bunch of "creatives" in skinny jeans, sleeveless pullovers and oversized fake NHS glasses. And usually urged on us by someone who's not been on the forum before. A minute of so of contemplation and reflection is quite enough and more appropriate.

My thoughts too, Muttley.

18/04/2013 at 12:33
oirisheyes wrote (see)

Dear work colleague,

Repeating comedy sketch show catchphrases some of which that are nearly 30 years old does not make you a comedy genius but it could make me into a murderer.

Stop for both our sakes........ and because I said the word "stop" this is not your cue to say "carry on"

I used to work with a bloke like that, his speciality was reeling off Monty Python sketches - luckily he was out on his rounds most of the day because he really was an utter twat.

18/04/2013 at 12:39
Wilkie wrote (see)
Muttley wrote (see)

My thoughts too, Muttley.

And mine. Glad I'm not the only one to find the whole thing cringeworthy, as I was feeling a big guilty. Even though I do feel a sense of solidarity.

18/04/2013 at 15:04

Dear PPI call centre person - I have already explained I'm not interested and have asked repeatedly to be taken off of whatever list you have me on. I feel it necessary to warn you and your work colleagues that I'm currently looking at air horns on Amazon should you decide to call again

18/04/2013 at 16:04

I have mentioned this problem three times to 2 different people.

So how come when I just mentioned it in the meeting one of you behaved as if it was the first time you have heard of it?

And how come the person who is supposed to be able to fix it hasn't fixed it? 

14,661 to 14,680 of 16,408 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.