Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,681 to 14,700 of 16,535 messages
03/05/2013 at 15:19
Crazy Diamond wrote (see)

Screamy - have you been reading my facebook update?  The dog chewed one of my favourite running shoes today.  Amazingly, he's still living and breathing and looking very guilty.

No, mere co-incidence....

Naughty doggy! Good excuse to buy newer, shinier ones though 

03/05/2013 at 15:22

its not the running shoes that draws in the suckers necessarily (after all most runners need running shoes), its more the add on accesories that so many people feel they 'need'

Edited: 03/05/2013 at 15:22
04/05/2013 at 00:20

Yeah it's great x has  finished his phd and I'm happy have come out to celebrate with him, but did he gave to pick such an expensive restaurant?! and given he did, no I'd rather not split the bill so that he pays nothing!

it's been a nice evening, but has essentially cost me £85 for food plus travel!

except I didn't say that. I smiled and handed over my card....

04/05/2013 at 17:20

Dear Dagenham Vehicle processing plant,

To be specific, the Engine Department. when delivering the engine in a lovely over the top bomb proof box, why not leave some instructions on whats been left off the engine??

that way i wouldnt of put 6.9 ltrs of lovely fresh oil inside ready to start then suddenly realise when its started that you have decided to leave a very important plug out of the engine.

as much as i love clearing away a puddle of oil, which of half went in my shoe  i dont like doing it half hour before i get to go home

04/05/2013 at 18:25
Dustin wrote (see)

have to admit , a few people at work started off ordering the graze box when it first became popular ( 4-5 years ago ?) and it looked good, tasted good.
Yet it can easily be replicated by buying the individual snacks at what works out to be 40% of the price. Sure it takes 3 or 4 minutes assembling it into a bit of cardboard, but tupperware does just as well..

I was offered a free graze box, to get me to try it out.  So I chose my contents, then waited.  And waited.  It never showed up.

So I won't be bothering to pay for one.

05/05/2013 at 13:40

Having looked at the grazebox site, do you have to give them all your details before trying to tell them important things like "I'm vegetarian, don't like banana..."?

05/05/2013 at 17:33

Womble: you sign up first and then log in, look at the menu and set your preferences, so if there's anyhting you don't like they won't send it.

05/05/2013 at 21:43
I'm glad my 4-year-old nephew has gone home. He's a spoilt little shit.
06/05/2013 at 00:02

"Interest-only mortgage" - which bit of that did people not understand?!

06/05/2013 at 10:42

Where to start!

1.  You, yes you there, stop bitching about the medical staff who are trying to support you through your pregnancy.  It's your fault you're fat, not theirs, and they are duty bound to advise you to do some exercise, lose some weight and eat a better diet, yet here you are, every.sodding.day. banging on about the takeaway/maccied/KFC/roast dinner that your husband, my brother, delivers to you while you sit on your super morbidly obese arse and narrate the goings on of Jeremy Fucking Kyle.  You almost lost your second child when she was born very prem, why would you even risk doing that to another baby?

2.  Oi, numbbuts!  Check the facts before reposting/spamming utter shite all over Facebook.  Yeah, there was a fire, no there weren't any animals killed, in fact the place is still open for business today, which you would have known had you actually read a news report instead of randomly sharing any piece of shit you find amongst the apparent piles of 'fridge magnet' postings that your several hundred 'friends' appear to be in possession of.

3.  And as for you, read point 1 and think very long and hard about why, despite you carrying on in pretty much the same way, and your refusal to give up smoking whilst pregnant, and refusing to take on board any good advice, you are now in the position of having given birth seven weeks early.  You're 21 years old, with gestational diabetes and a prem baby, who in all likelihood will end up passively smoking from the moment it arrives home whilst you continue to consume everything that is bad for you, refuse point blank to do any exercise and then bitch about the staff who tirelessly attempt to help you.

4.   Weather.  Get a fucking grip. 

5.  Foot.  I hate you.  Intensely.

6.  There may be some hormonal involvement in all of the above.

06/05/2013 at 14:48

Mark E Smith, you're a puss filled shrivelled up knob end and you're music's shit. 

07/05/2013 at 11:31

When we first got together, nearly two years ago, I didn’t realise how much you would change the way I viewed things. That first holiday you were like a revelation to me, the hours we spent on the beach.

You made me laugh, challenged me, informed me. Taking you out for dinner I would be unable to take my eyes off you.

We had that slight problem in Miami, but we managed to get over it quickly and you were OK. It came back again a few weeks back, but we knew what to do and it didn’t seem to be a problem. So when the end came suddenly it was a shock and I was told nothing could be done.

-

-

-

-

-

I’m going to miss my Kindle.

07/05/2013 at 18:16

I feel your pain Guarddog. 

Oh, the irony!  (reference above for context)

You are a super morbidly obese pregnant woman who lives on junk food, carry outs and roast dinners and who blatantly refuses to do anything that remotely resembles exercise.  Why the living fuck have you 'liked' the Race For Life facebook page when you have absolutely no intention of even attempting to walk the distance for a cause you apparently feel so passionate about?  And by the way, you're not the first person to lose someone to cancer, you will however be the last to put any sentiment in to your apparent support of all charities cancer related.  You want to support the race?  Fucking get an entry and sponsor form and I promise I'll be the first to donate (£50 btw) just to see you doing right by not only your virtual mouth, but also by that kid growing inside you.

(actually, unreasonably seething about this.  Tit.)

09/05/2013 at 07:30

popular media, BBC, sky sports etc...
Nobody really cares - moan u fans aside - about a manager resigning, please lets not have wall to wall coverage.
The Times - what were you thinking - a 12 page Fergie pullout?

09/05/2013 at 09:20

its m birthday today, and with the exception of my wonderful friend in california, all i got was a bunch of cards with money in them, i'd rather they kept it tbh, If my family cant even be bothered to get me a gift they know i'd like, or think about something i'd like, then why bother? 

09/05/2013 at 09:23
JT141 wrote (see)
I'm glad my 4-year-old nephew has gone home. He's a spoilt little shit.

omg, i am so with you on this, one of my brothers 2 kids are like that, i dread them coming over, they demand and get given what they want, and they stick kick and scream when they dont get it exactlly when they ask, or its not exactly right. 

09/05/2013 at 09:30

It's my birthday too Marc!

Dear ensuite bathroom... please don't decide to explode and let all the water from my shower cause a waterfall from the ceiling in my lovely kitchen below. It's not a very nice birthday pressie is it?!

09/05/2013 at 09:43

happy birthday Ginger G

09/05/2013 at 09:55

Happy Birthday Marc! 

09/05/2013 at 15:02

Dear project,

I need a user ID created so that one system can talk to another. Seriously this isn't a big deal, anywhere else I could do this in 30 seconds. But here? Here I have to raise a change, get approval for that change, raise a request number, write a plan, update 5 - yes 5 - documents and then fill in a form to get someone to do the work! End to end this whole process is going to take 10 days and involve many people. For something I can do in 30 seconds!!!

This is the problem with this fecking programme! You want quality delivery done faster and with less resources, but you won't change the completely barking processes that would make that even remotely possible! Instead you expect people to work all hours.

And no you can't ask on a Thursday afternoon if I'm available to work over the weekend to cover testing. 

• I have already tried to help you with this and you decided you didn't want the help then. 
  • I am not prepared to give up my weekend to again dig you out of a hole that if you'd taken my advice you wouldn't be in.
  • I won't be emotionally blackmailed by you saying I'm letting the team down.
  • I've made it clear on more than one occasion my days of working weekends are over and you have to deal with that. I have plans and will always have plans for my weekends.
  • I don't answer to you.
14,681 to 14,700 of 16,535 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.