Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,701 to 14,720 of 16,659 messages
09/05/2013 at 17:53
Marc.S wrote (see)

its m birthday today, and with the exception of my wonderful friend in california, all i got was a bunch of cards with money in them, i'd rather they kept it tbh, If my family cant even be bothered to get me a gift they know i'd like, or think about something i'd like, then why bother? 

At least you got money.  I didn't even get that for my birthday.  My family couldn't even inconvenience themselves enough to write a cheque but then what did I expect from people who don't want me to name them as next of kin as they don't want the inconvenience if anything happened to me

09/05/2013 at 18:14

The only kind of presents hubby and I get from my brother and S-I-L are gift cards for every single birthday and Christmas.  Birthdays are to a value of $25.00 and Christmases are to a value of $50 i.e. $25.00 per person.  Its been like that for the last 8 yrs.

09/05/2013 at 19:20

Perhaps I'm an ungrateful child, but I would really, really rather have a gift card than some of the truly horrible things my Mother has given me over the years 

Why does she think I would like a bright blue velour hat?  I've never worn such a thing in my life!

09/05/2013 at 19:27
Wilkie wrote (see)

Perhaps I'm an ungrateful child, but I would really, really rather have a gift card than some of the truly horrible things my Mother has given me over the years 

Why does she think I would like a bright blue velour hat?  I've never worn such a thing in my life!

I'm sorry Wilkie, but PMSL 

09/05/2013 at 19:29

I'm glad the hat has brought pleasure to someone!  

There's a matching scarf... 

09/05/2013 at 19:48
Dustin wrote (see)

popular media, BBC, sky sports etc...
Nobody really cares - moan u fans aside - about a manager resigning, please lets not have wall to wall coverage.
The Times - what were you thinking - a 12 page Fergie pullout?

+1

Slow news day yesterday....

09/05/2013 at 19:51

Well, we came up with a solution - we give giftcards back to them!!

I used to get so stressed out about Birthday and Christmas shopping for those two, and go to a LOT of trouble to look for things they would like.  Now I don't bother, gave up as they don't go to any effort for us.

So, its gift cards all the way....

09/05/2013 at 19:54

In the supermarkets over here, there is a whole wall of gift cards for absolutely anything you can think of.  You can do your weekly shop and thrown in gift cards - it really takes the thinking out of present giving. 

09/05/2013 at 20:12

God that is a nice cup of green tea, well done me!

09/05/2013 at 22:04

Coffee woman. OK so you didn't mean to spill coffee grinds all over the counter at work, but you could have wiped it up properly, instead of making a half arsed attempt using your hand, which resulted in some over the floor and lots left on the counter. It wouldn't be so bad, but the cleaner had literally only just finished cleaning the kitchen. She hadn't even made it off the floor yet before you came along!

10/05/2013 at 08:23

I am in a marathon on Sunday that rumour has it I planning a minutes silence for the victims of the Boston bombing.

I get it, they were runners/watching running but I don't hold a minutes silence for victims of Israeli bomb victims everytime I am at a bus stop or for ferry passengers when I see the sea. Stop now, this mawkish fascination has gone on to long, why do people rush to make a connection with victims of these events? After the London Bombings all the "and just five days before I was stood four blocks away" stories I heard. Utter bollocks.

I'll be stood on the start line wearing cheaply made sportswear from some sweatshop (no pun intended) sewn together by 8 year olds but I guarantee nobody is banging on about the affinity they feel for the 800 odd Bangledeshi victims of the building collapse because they shop in Primark. 

10/05/2013 at 08:24

And more importantly the itch just out of reach on my shoulder is driving me nuts

10/05/2013 at 10:04

OK, so you know the task in hand is so big that you've had to hire additional people to help us get it done.

You also know that there are glitches that need fixing before we can sign the work off.

So why this badgering to do additional bits and pieces of less urgent work and get numerous trackers (which take us away from the actual work) filled in so it "looks like" we are making progress?

We are not, it is taking time and you know the reasons why. Why not just report the truth back to your masters i.e. that it will take as long as it fecking well takes.

10/05/2013 at 16:04

Dear colleague: re that thing you asked me to do....remember we have a meeting at 4.15 and I leave at 5

I'm not staying behind late to do it so you'd better get on and send it to me...

PS: I don't take being bossed around from my actual boss so I'm certainly not going to take it from you.

Edited: 10/05/2013 at 16:39
10/05/2013 at 17:05

Wishes her brother wasn't married to such a possessive, self-absorbed, insecure and selfish trollope. 

10/05/2013 at 17:14

Bring back DF3.....

11/05/2013 at 12:26

NO I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY CANDY FUCKING CRUSH YOU STUPID BORED STUPID BRAINLESS STUPID VAPID STUPID BINT!

Now kindly stop sending me FB requests to do so as it's beginning to bug my inner peace.

11/05/2013 at 12:52

You can block the requests CD

12/05/2013 at 18:43

Can everybody please calm down? A football manager has retired, that's all. He didn't find a cure for cancer or achieve world peace and his achievements, while impressive, only really matter to Man Utd fans.

Thank you.

Pudge    pirate
12/05/2013 at 18:47
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Can everybody please calm down? A football manager has retired, that's all. He didn't find a cure for cancer or achieve world peace and his achievements, while impressive, only really matter to Man Utd fans.

Thank you.

+1

In fact, as an Evertonian, +100!

14,701 to 14,720 of 16,659 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.