Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,761 to 14,780 of 16,414 messages
06/05/2013 at 14:48

Mark E Smith, you're a puss filled shrivelled up knob end and you're music's shit. 

07/05/2013 at 11:31

When we first got together, nearly two years ago, I didn’t realise how much you would change the way I viewed things. That first holiday you were like a revelation to me, the hours we spent on the beach.

You made me laugh, challenged me, informed me. Taking you out for dinner I would be unable to take my eyes off you.

We had that slight problem in Miami, but we managed to get over it quickly and you were OK. It came back again a few weeks back, but we knew what to do and it didn’t seem to be a problem. So when the end came suddenly it was a shock and I was told nothing could be done.

-

-

-

-

-

I’m going to miss my Kindle.

07/05/2013 at 18:16

I feel your pain Guarddog. 

Oh, the irony!  (reference above for context)

You are a super morbidly obese pregnant woman who lives on junk food, carry outs and roast dinners and who blatantly refuses to do anything that remotely resembles exercise.  Why the living fuck have you 'liked' the Race For Life facebook page when you have absolutely no intention of even attempting to walk the distance for a cause you apparently feel so passionate about?  And by the way, you're not the first person to lose someone to cancer, you will however be the last to put any sentiment in to your apparent support of all charities cancer related.  You want to support the race?  Fucking get an entry and sponsor form and I promise I'll be the first to donate (£50 btw) just to see you doing right by not only your virtual mouth, but also by that kid growing inside you.

(actually, unreasonably seething about this.  Tit.)

09/05/2013 at 07:30

popular media, BBC, sky sports etc...
Nobody really cares - moan u fans aside - about a manager resigning, please lets not have wall to wall coverage.
The Times - what were you thinking - a 12 page Fergie pullout?

09/05/2013 at 09:20

its m birthday today, and with the exception of my wonderful friend in california, all i got was a bunch of cards with money in them, i'd rather they kept it tbh, If my family cant even be bothered to get me a gift they know i'd like, or think about something i'd like, then why bother? 

09/05/2013 at 09:23
JT141 wrote (see)
I'm glad my 4-year-old nephew has gone home. He's a spoilt little shit.

omg, i am so with you on this, one of my brothers 2 kids are like that, i dread them coming over, they demand and get given what they want, and they stick kick and scream when they dont get it exactlly when they ask, or its not exactly right. 

09/05/2013 at 09:30

It's my birthday too Marc!

Dear ensuite bathroom... please don't decide to explode and let all the water from my shower cause a waterfall from the ceiling in my lovely kitchen below. It's not a very nice birthday pressie is it?!

09/05/2013 at 09:43

happy birthday Ginger G

09/05/2013 at 09:55

Happy Birthday Marc! 

09/05/2013 at 15:02

Dear project,

I need a user ID created so that one system can talk to another. Seriously this isn't a big deal, anywhere else I could do this in 30 seconds. But here? Here I have to raise a change, get approval for that change, raise a request number, write a plan, update 5 - yes 5 - documents and then fill in a form to get someone to do the work! End to end this whole process is going to take 10 days and involve many people. For something I can do in 30 seconds!!!

This is the problem with this fecking programme! You want quality delivery done faster and with less resources, but you won't change the completely barking processes that would make that even remotely possible! Instead you expect people to work all hours.

And no you can't ask on a Thursday afternoon if I'm available to work over the weekend to cover testing. 

• I have already tried to help you with this and you decided you didn't want the help then. 
  • I am not prepared to give up my weekend to again dig you out of a hole that if you'd taken my advice you wouldn't be in.
  • I won't be emotionally blackmailed by you saying I'm letting the team down.
  • I've made it clear on more than one occasion my days of working weekends are over and you have to deal with that. I have plans and will always have plans for my weekends.
  • I don't answer to you.
09/05/2013 at 17:53
Marc.S wrote (see)

its m birthday today, and with the exception of my wonderful friend in california, all i got was a bunch of cards with money in them, i'd rather they kept it tbh, If my family cant even be bothered to get me a gift they know i'd like, or think about something i'd like, then why bother? 

At least you got money.  I didn't even get that for my birthday.  My family couldn't even inconvenience themselves enough to write a cheque but then what did I expect from people who don't want me to name them as next of kin as they don't want the inconvenience if anything happened to me

09/05/2013 at 18:14

The only kind of presents hubby and I get from my brother and S-I-L are gift cards for every single birthday and Christmas.  Birthdays are to a value of $25.00 and Christmases are to a value of $50 i.e. $25.00 per person.  Its been like that for the last 8 yrs.

09/05/2013 at 19:20

Perhaps I'm an ungrateful child, but I would really, really rather have a gift card than some of the truly horrible things my Mother has given me over the years 

Why does she think I would like a bright blue velour hat?  I've never worn such a thing in my life!

09/05/2013 at 19:27
Wilkie wrote (see)

Perhaps I'm an ungrateful child, but I would really, really rather have a gift card than some of the truly horrible things my Mother has given me over the years 

Why does she think I would like a bright blue velour hat?  I've never worn such a thing in my life!

I'm sorry Wilkie, but PMSL 

09/05/2013 at 19:29

I'm glad the hat has brought pleasure to someone!  

There's a matching scarf... 

09/05/2013 at 19:48
Dustin wrote (see)

popular media, BBC, sky sports etc...
Nobody really cares - moan u fans aside - about a manager resigning, please lets not have wall to wall coverage.
The Times - what were you thinking - a 12 page Fergie pullout?

+1

Slow news day yesterday....

09/05/2013 at 19:51

Well, we came up with a solution - we give giftcards back to them!!

I used to get so stressed out about Birthday and Christmas shopping for those two, and go to a LOT of trouble to look for things they would like.  Now I don't bother, gave up as they don't go to any effort for us.

So, its gift cards all the way....

09/05/2013 at 19:54

In the supermarkets over here, there is a whole wall of gift cards for absolutely anything you can think of.  You can do your weekly shop and thrown in gift cards - it really takes the thinking out of present giving. 

09/05/2013 at 20:12

God that is a nice cup of green tea, well done me!

09/05/2013 at 22:04

Coffee woman. OK so you didn't mean to spill coffee grinds all over the counter at work, but you could have wiped it up properly, instead of making a half arsed attempt using your hand, which resulted in some over the floor and lots left on the counter. It wouldn't be so bad, but the cleaner had literally only just finished cleaning the kitchen. She hadn't even made it off the floor yet before you came along!

14,761 to 14,780 of 16,414 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.