Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,861 to 14,880 of 16,411 messages
22/05/2013 at 20:39
Emmy H wrote (see)

I also think sometimes its better for the kids to be in a supervised playscheme on holidays. They want to play with other kids anyway and IMHO don't always want to be around their parents.

I found holidays with my parents really boring when I was a kid.  I would have LOVED being in a kids club or something where there were other children to play with.

Edited: 22/05/2013 at 20:40
22/05/2013 at 20:47

I was the same, Wilkie as I was an only child until my teens (and babies aren't much fun when you're more interested in music/boys/smoking.  That's one of the reasons I suppose I went to extra lengths to make sure family holidays were packed with 'stuff'.  Don't get me wrong, my kids played with other kids too, but I was always ready for the first cry of boredom.  There's nothing worse than bored weans on holiday.

I am completely prepared for my interview tomorrow and not at all applying for a job that is massively out of my depth.  Nor can I feel the jitters coming on again because, you know, the wind changed direction, or something.

22/05/2013 at 20:48

CD - Good luck!

22/05/2013 at 21:45

Is it ok/normal (as Aunt and Uncle) not to have been invited to your neice's 1st Birthday party??  Brother and S-I-L live 10mins away BTW.

22/05/2013 at 21:56

Not really.... But to be honest I might have thought that you don't need to invite close relations, they have an implied permenant invitation? .... Clutching at straws a bit.

22/05/2013 at 22:03

Well, we were told (not compulsory) to provide something for her 'Time Capsule' which will be opened on her 18th Birthday, which we duly did as her 1st Birthday was fast approaching.  However, we weren't invited to her 1st Birthday party.  My brother and S-I-L later told us that they had 16 people over.  Humph! 

Pudge    pirate
22/05/2013 at 22:06

Based on your recent posts, it sounds like you need all new friends and family JC!

22/05/2013 at 22:09

You're probably right Pudge! Maybe the whole thing is just my mid-life crisis

22/05/2013 at 23:55

Being rational is all well and good, but sometimes a bit of understanding goes a long way. 

23/05/2013 at 07:50

I'm not sure what the decision is, so that makes the phone call later slightly disconcerting. But I'm also not sure how I want it to go. The news yesterday that you'd decided not to finalise an offer of a position to my friend, 6 weeks after you had offered it to him, makes me wonder whether I'm interested now.

23/05/2013 at 09:11

To the bus driver driving the bus yesterday - you are a tw#t. You saw me at the junction and decided not to let me cross the road before you made the difficult turn off the side road on to the main road. Of course, I accept you are not obliged to let me cross but a) it would have been a nice thing to do and b) it would have made your turn a lot easier. As such, you had to swing out to the other side of the road and the back end of the bus mounted the kerb nearly hitting me. You saw me in your wing mirror, as I saw you looking in it, but you decided to carry on. 

What made it worse is that the bus you were driving was the school bus and obviously full of children.

As such, I have written to both the school and your employers to advise them of your total disgregard to safety when driving. Like I said at the beginning of this, you are a tw#t

23/05/2013 at 13:01

The reason I don't say a lot is YOU moved me to the far end of the office, I had no choice as you were reorganising everyone so please do not make comments everytime someone new starts that i do not talk to people. 

I could make reference to your enormous arse by saying "you stuff your face with crap all day" but i don't.  Please show some courtesy towards me  

23/05/2013 at 13:07
Junglechicken wrote (see)

Is it ok/normal (as Aunt and Uncle) not to have been invited to your neice's 1st Birthday party??  Brother and S-I-L live 10mins away BTW.

I'd have been grateful not to be subjected to loads of kids, hyper-active on food additives!

However, if it was a party for grown-ups, with nice food an alcohol, I would have been less happy!

(what does a one-year-old know about birthdays, anyway?)

booktrunk wrote (see)

Not really.... But to be honest I might have thought that you don't need to invite close relations, they have an implied permenant invitation? .... Clutching at straws a bit.

I would never consider that I had an implied permanent invitation to anyone's home.

23/05/2013 at 13:16

Oh goody.  Another sore throat/chest infection.  Just the third in 10 weeks.

That'll help my running comeback no end.

23/05/2013 at 13:58

OK you are interested and are looking to make an offer. And the situation with my friend wasn't as bad as first thought as it looks like it just needs the business case redefined.

I now have the period where I sway between excitement and whether I'm making the right decision to look forward to.

23/05/2013 at 20:04

Wilkie - true, but its more that they didn't think to invite us, we were excluded that grates esp. as we are family.  Having said that, the Godparents to our neice (who are friends of my bro and S-I-L and have their own broods of babies and toddlers ) rate further up the pecking order than we do.  Guess, thats life.

Nessie - thats too bad, poor you, have you had this checked out properly?

23/05/2013 at 20:43
booktrunk wrote (see)

Thank Ghod you aren't my SiL if you think it entitles you to unadulterated access to my home/events.  Actually, thank Ghod you aren't my SiL full stop.

Chicken - did it occur to you that the request for an addition to the time capsule also came with attached invite to said party?  You know, that party for a child who has no real grasp on the concept of a party.  Or birthdays.  Or anything other than feed, poo, sleep. 

No, this isn't fucking England, it's Britain and those psychos were British citizens by birth.  So tell me, where exactly would you like them to 'fuck off' to, you fucking racist moron?  Piss off and join the BNP since you're so fucking brave you can throw your sentiment around Facebook. Alternatively, you could head to the places our troops go - the ones you support so fucking heartily online with your spammed fridge magnet toss offs - and see for yourself what all those *insert suitably offensive term* people are fighting for with our troops while you sit with your *insert name of any fast food chain* in your nice cosy home with your 42" ponce screen TV being the mistress of all knowledge and master of fuck all brains.

You poor excuse for a cum stain.

23/05/2013 at 20:51

CD - no, there was definitely no attached invite to said party with the time capsule input request.  We were never asked to it in person either as we had some stuff to discuss with them and they never mentioned it at the time.  We weren't going to assume we were invited either. 

Anyway, don't wish to bore the pants off you guys with this stuff.

23/05/2013 at 20:55

The tooth fairy is coming tonight.  Sorry little C, I don't like teeth!

Edited: 23/05/2013 at 21:37
24/05/2013 at 09:31

CD - ah its not just me then, i had 'friend' of a 'friend' post some ill informed warped fascist sentiments on facebook. I had to turn the thing off otherwise I would have strongly c**ted someone off online that I don't know. It included the quite magnificent 'lets round up all muslims and kill them all, murdering scum' ( I omit the expletives)

Evening Standard, BBC, telegraph, daily mail etc...
Huge headline that £36.6 billion wiped off the value of stocks, yet nothing of late saying that £150bln was added in the past month, or £314bln in the past 6 months? and sure Japan fell 7% yesterday, but it had almost doubled in the prior 6 months, you could have mentioned that rather than the doom-mongering...

14,861 to 14,880 of 16,411 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.