Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,881 to 14,900 of 16,066 messages
23/05/2013 at 13:16

Oh goody.  Another sore throat/chest infection.  Just the third in 10 weeks.

That'll help my running comeback no end.

23/05/2013 at 13:58

OK you are interested and are looking to make an offer. And the situation with my friend wasn't as bad as first thought as it looks like it just needs the business case redefined.

I now have the period where I sway between excitement and whether I'm making the right decision to look forward to.

23/05/2013 at 20:04

Wilkie - true, but its more that they didn't think to invite us, we were excluded that grates esp. as we are family.  Having said that, the Godparents to our neice (who are friends of my bro and S-I-L and have their own broods of babies and toddlers ) rate further up the pecking order than we do.  Guess, thats life.

Nessie - thats too bad, poor you, have you had this checked out properly?

23/05/2013 at 20:43
booktrunk wrote (see)

Not really.... But to be honest I might have thought that you don't need to invite close relations, they have an implied permenant invitation? .... Clutching at straws a bit.

Thank Ghod you aren't my SiL if you think it entitles you to unadulterated access to my home/events.  Actually, thank Ghod you aren't my SiL full stop.

Chicken - did it occur to you that the request for an addition to the time capsule also came with attached invite to said party?  You know, that party for a child who has no real grasp on the concept of a party.  Or birthdays.  Or anything other than feed, poo, sleep. 

No, this isn't fucking England, it's Britain and those psychos were British citizens by birth.  So tell me, where exactly would you like them to 'fuck off' to, you fucking racist moron?  Piss off and join the BNP since you're so fucking brave you can throw your sentiment around Facebook. Alternatively, you could head to the places our troops go - the ones you support so fucking heartily online with your spammed fridge magnet toss offs - and see for yourself what all those *insert suitably offensive term* people are fighting for with our troops while you sit with your *insert name of any fast food chain* in your nice cosy home with your 42" ponce screen TV being the mistress of all knowledge and master of fuck all brains.

You poor excuse for a cum stain.

23/05/2013 at 20:51

CD - no, there was definitely no attached invite to said party with the time capsule input request.  We were never asked to it in person either as we had some stuff to discuss with them and they never mentioned it at the time.  We weren't going to assume we were invited either. 

Anyway, don't wish to bore the pants off you guys with this stuff.

23/05/2013 at 20:55

The tooth fairy is coming tonight.  Sorry little C, I don't like teeth!

Edited: 23/05/2013 at 21:37
24/05/2013 at 09:31

CD - ah its not just me then, i had 'friend' of a 'friend' post some ill informed warped fascist sentiments on facebook. I had to turn the thing off otherwise I would have strongly c**ted someone off online that I don't know. It included the quite magnificent 'lets round up all muslims and kill them all, murdering scum' ( I omit the expletives)

Evening Standard, BBC, telegraph, daily mail etc...
Huge headline that £36.6 billion wiped off the value of stocks, yet nothing of late saying that £150bln was added in the past month, or £314bln in the past 6 months? and sure Japan fell 7% yesterday, but it had almost doubled in the prior 6 months, you could have mentioned that rather than the doom-mongering...

24/05/2013 at 09:34

There are days when you truly astound me and not in a good way. You're so shortsighted that it's amazing you could find your way to work.

24/05/2013 at 11:08

Dustin - seemed to be quite prevalent yesterday after the events in Woolwich. I posted a statement on my Fb feed to say that I had absolutely no tolerance for that kind of thing and that anyone who presented it to me would be one 'friend' short if they kept it up.  Laughably, the very person it was directed at (an in law) 'liked' the bloody comment, as did someone else (ex in law, but friend) who reposted one of those stupid fridge magnet "this is the man who died" pictures.  Honestly, sometimes I look at the dog and think he has more brain cells than some of my 'friends' put together!

You.  Yes, you there.  You are actually one of the dullest people I've ever come across, and I was married for 17 years!

Coffee number 2, can you please kick in now?

24/05/2013 at 11:38
Junglechicken wrote (see)

Wilkie - true, but its more that they didn't think to invite us, we were excluded that grates esp. as we are family.  ...

Personally, I don't go for the idea that 'family' is so important.

You're related to people by an accident of birth.

I'd be more upset if a close friend didn't invite me to a party than if my sister didn't (and I do like my sister!)

24/05/2013 at 12:04

People whose dogs have their own profile on facebook, please, if you must have the mutt speak, at least do it in something like normal speech?

"Oooo needs a pikchor ob yous fwend wivs yous foody!!!" 

24/05/2013 at 14:07

Look guys, if you really want to fight the British army will you kindly feck orf to Afghanistan and do it there? And please leave your British passports at the immigration desk in Kabul. Thanks ever so much.

24/05/2013 at 14:42
Cheshercat wrote (see)

The reason I don't say a lot is YOU moved me to the far end of the office, I had no choice as you were reorganising everyone so please do not make comments everytime someone new starts that i do not talk to people. 

snip..

I'd love to point out the irony. That you posted this on a "things you'd like to say, but can't" thread.  But I don't feel I should say it.

27/05/2013 at 12:42

I should have used the time "saved" from that cancelled meeting more productively. 

But I didn't.

27/05/2013 at 19:25

Feck feck feck and more feck....

27/05/2013 at 19:57
Do not try to kick footballs into the faces of strangers. Particularly not my face. Particularly not when I'm running and have been running for the last two and a half hours. I will not be feeling friendly and am fit and strong and could do horrible things to you. And you missed. Silly boy.
28/05/2013 at 10:27

Why oh why oh why did you, hamstring, have to choose then to go?!

28/05/2013 at 16:15

I'm not sure I want to do this job anymore, it's just become too complicated 

28/05/2013 at 17:03

Dear Sainsburys - is it really necessary for me to have to split the purchase of a pack of paracetomol, ibruprofen and a freeze gel into two separate transactions?! I appreciate you have rules on this and don't want to be held accountable for anything stupid I might do, but I was in a considerable amount of pain from a torn hamstring and wanted something to help.

Any concern was rather negated by the fact that you told me to go and buy the ibruprofen using the self service till, thus getting round your rule. Thanks for having me stand around for longer than I really needed to, really much appreciated!!

28/05/2013 at 18:14

I'm not getting really nervous about the one mile time trial I'm running at 7pm, my first race since 2010.

14,881 to 14,900 of 16,066 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.