Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

14,961 to 14,980 of 16,751 messages
26/06/2013 at 15:34

Dear IT - so you now send a daily "sanity check"? I have to say I'm amused by the irony... 

26/06/2013 at 16:46

Reckon I screwed up my science career by going into this f*****g discipline.  7 yrs I've been doing this c**p.  I sought advice before moving into it.... so bored.  MAY be able to get back into it again.

26/06/2013 at 20:59
Marion Bartolli at Wimbledon. Top 15 player. QF of US Open last year. Quite fat.
26/06/2013 at 23:40

Her profile on the official website says she's 1.7m tall and 63.2kg which is a BMI of 21.87.

27/06/2013 at 09:46

Kvitovich has a very obvious pot belly but she's a former champion, so I guess even tennis players come in all shapes and sizes.

27/06/2013 at 10:13
I accept the all shapes and sizes bit.
63 kilos, if that's the case then I'm taking my scales back.
27/06/2013 at 11:21

Dear colleague: I'm getting sick of your hysterical emails that have the world and his wife copied in, espcially as some of them don't even concern me.

I'm particularly annoyed about that thing you keep asking me to do which I've told you three times before is not the responsibilty of this department. My other colleague said they had explained this to you for a fourth time yesterday . And why are you pleading with X and Y when you will have had an out of office message from them? They are still out of office.   

Now don't make me come down there!

27/06/2013 at 12:32

Dear coleague I like you, but jeez can you moan. Ok we all find things irritating here, but it's the same stuff over and over again.

The new person may or may not start tomorrow. No we don't know where they're meant to be sitting if they do turn up. No we don't know what they can do it they're here, and yes we alk know the boss isn't around and neither is his PA so we'll have to deal with it. You've gone about this all week and it's something that may or may not be a problem!

27/06/2013 at 12:35

Also dear Hotmail. What did you do to make your email so rubbish? I'd delete you but it's the email my uni friend's know and it'd bloomnig difficult to get them to send stuff to a new email account!

27/06/2013 at 15:29
Edited: 27/06/2013 at 15:30
27/06/2013 at 16:00
Screamapillar wrote (see)

go on, you can say it here. that is the point of the thread.

27/06/2013 at 16:04

Wrong thread - I could say it but it wouldn't make sense 

27/06/2013 at 16:43

I am f******g frazzled - there, AND my swearing is getting worse each day.....

ROLL ON next Fri when we'll be on that plane.  Can't stand this work environment, really can't.

27/06/2013 at 18:37

I continue to have a REALLY bad feeling about where I am working.  My gut is telling me that the Lead doesn't tolerate me at all.  I don't do things the way she would do them, therefore I don't measure up. 

All I hear is whispering coming from her office which is extremely off-putting, and I suspect it is about me.  She never says anything directly to me.  I get IMS messages requesting this, that and the other, and whenever I approach her about anything she seems irritated.

Also, it is the start of a new project phase which is a crucial time, and very stressful - a new experience for me.  She has brought another person on to the team who I know and have spoken to a number of times on a mentoring level, but I reckon its to apease the current 'situation' (not sure what that is exactly).  I'm being made to feel as though I am the kink in the chain.

She forgets that I came in to work when I was still really ill (she asked me to), have worked on 2 projects (so far) where the Leads were culturally opposed to women in the workplace (was a nightmare situation) - I brought this up with the management, and another project which finished prematurely.

Now, I'm working on stuff which is completely new territory, and apparently I don't measure up.....I am EXHAUSTED.

27/06/2013 at 18:46

And to make matters worse, she and the other girl on the team have worked together before and shared an office, so they are always talking together.  The other person speaks the same language as said girl (Chinese) so hear that a lot.  Just don't fit in - the dynamics are all wrong.

27/06/2013 at 18:50

JC, maybe you should start a thread called "things you want to say and do".

Facebook - no, I don't want to 'friend' my ex husband.

You there, hideous little toad man on another running forum, why don't you go and frequent the kind of 'adult' site that welcomes your (wet) dreams about having your cock in someone's mouth and tea bagging sessions.

27/06/2013 at 22:58

So you've decided that next week will be your last volunteering here as you've got what you wanted out of it? Free internet access, lunch, fares paid to get into town and the occasional annoyance of some people trying to get you to do a few simple tasks properly? So long, there won't be much in any reference you might be looking for.

30/06/2013 at 14:36

I don't think you are quite understanding the term "I can't take any more". 

I really can't.

01/07/2013 at 13:55

((CD))

01/07/2013 at 20:08

Thanks Em.  Head and brick wall have clashed severely this weekend past.  Think head may be winning.

Throw one more Candy Crush invite at me.  Just one.  Go on.  I dare you.  Or send one of those ridiculous fridge magnet style posts my way.  Please.  I'm sure my actions will be defensible in any court, and I'm just gagging for a bit of violent release after the past six months.

14,961 to 14,980 of 16,751 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.