Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

15,041 to 15,060 of 16,421 messages
27/06/2013 at 12:32

Dear coleague I like you, but jeez can you moan. Ok we all find things irritating here, but it's the same stuff over and over again.

The new person may or may not start tomorrow. No we don't know where they're meant to be sitting if they do turn up. No we don't know what they can do it they're here, and yes we alk know the boss isn't around and neither is his PA so we'll have to deal with it. You've gone about this all week and it's something that may or may not be a problem!

27/06/2013 at 12:35

Also dear Hotmail. What did you do to make your email so rubbish? I'd delete you but it's the email my uni friend's know and it'd bloomnig difficult to get them to send stuff to a new email account!

27/06/2013 at 15:29
Edited: 27/06/2013 at 15:30
27/06/2013 at 16:00
Screamapillar wrote (see)

go on, you can say it here. that is the point of the thread.

27/06/2013 at 16:04

Wrong thread - I could say it but it wouldn't make sense 

27/06/2013 at 16:43

I am f******g frazzled - there, AND my swearing is getting worse each day.....

ROLL ON next Fri when we'll be on that plane.  Can't stand this work environment, really can't.

27/06/2013 at 18:37

I continue to have a REALLY bad feeling about where I am working.  My gut is telling me that the Lead doesn't tolerate me at all.  I don't do things the way she would do them, therefore I don't measure up. 

All I hear is whispering coming from her office which is extremely off-putting, and I suspect it is about me.  She never says anything directly to me.  I get IMS messages requesting this, that and the other, and whenever I approach her about anything she seems irritated.

Also, it is the start of a new project phase which is a crucial time, and very stressful - a new experience for me.  She has brought another person on to the team who I know and have spoken to a number of times on a mentoring level, but I reckon its to apease the current 'situation' (not sure what that is exactly).  I'm being made to feel as though I am the kink in the chain.

She forgets that I came in to work when I was still really ill (she asked me to), have worked on 2 projects (so far) where the Leads were culturally opposed to women in the workplace (was a nightmare situation) - I brought this up with the management, and another project which finished prematurely.

Now, I'm working on stuff which is completely new territory, and apparently I don't measure up.....I am EXHAUSTED.

27/06/2013 at 18:46

And to make matters worse, she and the other girl on the team have worked together before and shared an office, so they are always talking together.  The other person speaks the same language as said girl (Chinese) so hear that a lot.  Just don't fit in - the dynamics are all wrong.

27/06/2013 at 18:50

JC, maybe you should start a thread called "things you want to say and do".

Facebook - no, I don't want to 'friend' my ex husband.

You there, hideous little toad man on another running forum, why don't you go and frequent the kind of 'adult' site that welcomes your (wet) dreams about having your cock in someone's mouth and tea bagging sessions.

27/06/2013 at 22:58

So you've decided that next week will be your last volunteering here as you've got what you wanted out of it? Free internet access, lunch, fares paid to get into town and the occasional annoyance of some people trying to get you to do a few simple tasks properly? So long, there won't be much in any reference you might be looking for.

30/06/2013 at 14:36

I don't think you are quite understanding the term "I can't take any more". 

I really can't.

01/07/2013 at 13:55

((CD))

01/07/2013 at 20:08

Thanks Em.  Head and brick wall have clashed severely this weekend past.  Think head may be winning.

Throw one more Candy Crush invite at me.  Just one.  Go on.  I dare you.  Or send one of those ridiculous fridge magnet style posts my way.  Please.  I'm sure my actions will be defensible in any court, and I'm just gagging for a bit of violent release after the past six months.

01/07/2013 at 20:29

Mine would be simple for my work lot.

Yes, I'm eating rice, I don't care if you think it's too early, or needs some kind of sauce.

No, I'm not drinking urine, and that gag gets less funny than it started.

It's peppermint tea, no I don't have to explain why to you.

What do I eat at home? The answer is the same as the last 10times you asked.

I look too slim do I? And that's alright to just bark out is it? Can I say you look a bit too fat? Is that alright?

I probably actually weigh more than you, as despite being tubby you're 5ft 4...height makes a big difference!

You saw me running today did you? That's because I tend to run most days, quite close to work....

(repeat at least 5 or 6 times a week with different people)

Quite tedious!

01/07/2013 at 22:31

Ah yes ouch.  I am not really on speedy sneakers and therefore leading, I am an improving runner A doing all the races on the grand prix. 

Just some comment on the TdF with GC being the way it is, it would appear likely that in addition to the glory of a stage win, the team winning tomorrow's stage will also take yellow. The following are the highest placed riders for each team and therefore the riders who are most likely (not guaranteed) to be in yellow tomorrow evening should their team win the stage.

1 Jan Bakelants (Bel) RadioShack Leopard 12:21:27 2 Julien Simon (Fra) Sojasun 0:00:01 3 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica-GreenEdge 4 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Omega Pharma-Quick Step 5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 7 David Millar (GBr) Garmin-Sharp 8 Sergey Lagutin (Uzb) Vacansoleil-DCM Pro Cycling Team 9 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 10 Romain Bardet (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 11 Nicolas Roche (Irl) Team Saxo-Tinkoff 12 Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Bel) Lotto Belisol 16 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Merida 17 Eduard Vorganov (Rus) Katusha   19 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Movistar Team 29 Peter Sagan (Svk) Cannondale Pro Cycling 36 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Belkin Pro Cycling Team 41 Arnold Jeannesson (Fra) FDJ 43 Davide Malacarne (Ita) Team Europcar 70 Christophe Le Mevel (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits 109 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Argos-Shimano 0:13:01

I think we can probably discount Tom Dumoulin who, despite being the best placed Argos-Shimano rider is 13 minutes down.  All the rest are within one second.   Comment http://d2ride.co.uk/News-and-Blog.php

02/07/2013 at 08:49

spam? or just an inability to write on the right thread!?

Edited: 02/07/2013 at 08:50
02/07/2013 at 08:55

No idea... I thought it was spam.

02/07/2013 at 08:57

Simpsons underpants and some cartoon socks. Really? You must be in your 50s.

Just to clarify - this was a guy in the gym changing room yesterday, not some random lover I picked up...

Department of Transport - when you say road resurfacing will be for "3 nights" please add that it "doesn't include alternate Thursdays and every Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday - coz we don't work those" It may have taken 9 days (as opposed to the 3 we were expecting) but the new lines are very clear. Thank You.

02/07/2013 at 10:13

Dustin, I remember some bloke moaning on the Silverstone half marathon thread of about 2004/5 that he was "beaten by some kid wearing Bart Simpson socks"

that kid? Yours truly

From those glorious days where you didn't overthink anything, you just went and did a race...

nowadays it's all racing shoes, tiny socks, wickable vests, eating at a precise time etc

02/07/2013 at 11:28

dont forget garmins, you'd be lost without posting up your run on facebook with mile splits, elevation gains, average speeds, miles month-to-date, yawnnnn, like any of us give a fk.
were you wearing cartoon underpants as well though?

Edited: 02/07/2013 at 11:29
15,041 to 15,060 of 16,421 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.