Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

15,201 to 15,220 of 16,657 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
20/08/2013 at 18:49

It was a great report. I know that when I did the double all sorts of negative stuff goes on in your head - and yes that goes for thoughts about the support crew too.

21/08/2013 at 08:49

Please understand: including the link to your blog in your every post does not make me more likely to click on the link, it just makes me more likely to consider you a dickhead.

21/08/2013 at 12:01

Dear FB who takes every chance to try and get one over everyone in our team. Bet you loved it in the meeting when I was used as an expample of excellence. Just wish I'd of been there but I hear your face looked like a slapped arse. Haha

22/08/2013 at 01:07

Dear colleague,

You dismiss running as an exercise because you ran two miles every day for two weeks and lost no weight. I admire your effort, but think that wolfing down an eleven inch pizza each evening might have some bearing on the matter.

22/08/2013 at 10:15

Dear driver,

Whilst I appreciate that 50mph is a speed limit and not a target, driving at 30mph is not, to my mind, appropriate. Your decision to increase your speed once in a 30mph area was also baffling. Oh, and thanks for indicating Cockwomble.

22/08/2013 at 14:47

Dear woman with dog,

Luckily for you, I am ok with dogs, but having yours chase and leap up at me while I'm trying to run is not cute and funny, it is disobedient.  It was not a small dog, and had I been nervous of them, that incident would have been extremely difficult for me.  Also 'ahhh, he's always like that' is not an apology or an excuse - if he's always like that you need to train him better!

22/08/2013 at 15:56

You know that your son, my nephew, is not the best academically. When he got his exam results today and found he had 10 GCSE's I think it would be more suitable to tell him how well he has done rather than say his results could have been better. Bearing in mind both you and your husband have been giving him dog's abuse about revising rather than positive encourgement did you expect him to get all A's ? No, but he has got the required marks that allows him to study further so surely a bit of praise would have been nice

22/08/2013 at 23:30

Where the hell have my bookmarks gone? I hate the ipad sometimes.

23/08/2013 at 12:56

Good morning, young ladies from the rock festival. The fashion for skimpy tops, skimpy shorts and fishnets (sometimes with sussie belts) is highly pleasing to the eye. Carry on.

Cake    pirate
23/08/2013 at 12:59

Oh it's reading festival this weekend isn't it not been in years.

Muttley you being a dirty young man again?

23/08/2013 at 13:07

Muttley I found it quite amusing watching the festival goers struggling to carry all their booze back to the campsite from Tesco’s. I particularly liked the young man struggling who decided he didn’t really need 8 big bottles of water so decided to off load them.

23/08/2013 at 15:49

Had to laugh when I dropped by the big Tesco on Wednesday. Aisles stacked from floor to ceiling with six packs (not of the Jessica Ennis variety). They're like a swarm of army ants that hoovers up everything that contains alcohol

I wonder how many grannies up and down the country have woken up this morning and discovered that their little shopping trolleys have been "borrowed" by their festival-going grandkids?

Cake    pirate
23/08/2013 at 15:51

This brings back memory's When I was young and all that.

23/08/2013 at 15:52

And it's going to piss down tomorrow, apparently. Someone up there is listening to me

25/08/2013 at 12:41

Dear fellow runner why would you think it's ok to run a marathon with your baby in a running buggy. Your baby was clearly unhappy 4 and a half plus hours in a buggy is too much for your baby and also the other runners around you were subjected to your crying/grizzly baby. Running buggy's are great for training but 4 and half hour is too much. That was very selfish of you. 

25/08/2013 at 13:49

What race was that jacs t?

25/08/2013 at 13:55

Jacs t - I know the lady you're talking about and i think you're completely wrong. I ran with her for the last few miles and all I heard was a giggly baby Who loved being out there. The baby was fine, well cared for (they stopped for lunch/nappy change stops) and it was nice to see a child so happy in the pram. Were you annoyed because you were asked to move aside? Or Something else?

4 1/2 hours isn't a lot if your baby is used to it (which this baby is). Where did you see this? Because we must have been very similar paced.

cinders - it was Thames meander marathon

25/08/2013 at 13:57

Thanks Emmy.

25/08/2013 at 14:06

No I wasn't asked to move but she was behind me for a few miles and the baby was not happy very unhappy in fact at that point. I think 4 and hours is too much time for a baby to be in a buggy. I had a running myself when my children were babies and yes they enjoyed being in it. But 4 and half hours is too long for a baby to be in buggy regardless and to do it by choice is wrong IMHO

25/08/2013 at 14:20

That's completely your opinion. I trust in the mothers opinion and knowledge of her son and his best welfare. I spoke to them before and after and their son is used to the time and distance.

my sister regularly ran with her step son in a buggy and she ran last years race with him. He was 9 months and was fast asleep the entire time apart from his lunch And nappy change.

15,201 to 15,220 of 16,657 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.