Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

15,221 to 15,240 of 16,341 messages
25/08/2013 at 14:20

That's completely your opinion. I trust in the mothers opinion and knowledge of her son and his best welfare. I spoke to them before and after and their son is used to the time and distance.

my sister regularly ran with her step son in a buggy and she ran last years race with him. He was 9 months and was fast asleep the entire time apart from his lunch And nappy change.

25/08/2013 at 19:06

thats an awesome run then if you can stop for lunch and still finish in 4 1/2 hours...

25/08/2013 at 23:31
Both my nephews got A*'s in their GCSE's, despite appearing to be as thick as pigshit.
26/08/2013 at 08:41
Dustin wrote (see)

thats an awesome run then if you can stop for lunch and still finish in 4 1/2 hours...

My sister can run a 3.30 marathon so she took it really easily last year with him and came in just over 4 1/2 hours. I entirely trust the mothers to not put their child in any danger. With this specific mum - she looked entirely comfortable throughout and was always making sure that he was OK. When I passed her - she said: "he's giggling because he loves the bright colour of your shirt. When a dog ran past wagging his tail earlier he was squealing with joy!"

26/08/2013 at 09:00

It's still a long time for a child to be sitting in a pushchair.

26/08/2013 at 12:30

Or alternatively, she could stick him in a baby walker in front of CBeebies for several hours at a time as I have witnessed other mothers do, frequently. 

This mother is ensuring the child is interacting, being stimulated, getting fresh air, learning a healthy lifestyle from infancy.  How dreadfully cruel of her to include her child in something so educationally, emotionally, developmentally and physically rewarding .  Lets all damn her without even knowing her or her child. 

(Btw, word to the wise - babies do occasionally cry)

26/08/2013 at 12:44

I just wish the guy who turns up at our Parkrun every Saturday didn't keep beating me 

26/08/2013 at 12:48

I'm really sorry that you're having a rough time at the moment. I wish that I could help in some way but i'm sending all of my positive thoughts in your direction... and I know that you don't want to hear that because you'll start crying again.

26/08/2013 at 14:36

Wasn't damming her CD. Of course it's great for the baby to get fresh air etc but having done a fair amount of running with a jogger I still think  4.5 hours is a long time to be sat in it......or in front of cbeebies.

Edited: 26/08/2013 at 14:59
26/08/2013 at 15:05

Thank you Cinders my concern is the length of time not the actual use of the baby jogger. I ran with a baby jogger myself but it was so I could get out for a run not because my baby wanted to.

We are all told that we shouldn't sit at our desks for longer than 30 mins without getting up and moving around. 

CD babies cry to let know they are unhappy it's how they comminicate btw. And this baby was unhappy.

27/08/2013 at 11:26

It is possible to run for 1-2 hours without needing to carry a whole array of drinks and gels.

27/08/2013 at 11:45

To the woman honking her horn at me for driving at 30mph in a 30mph zone - there's this thing called The Law. I'm not going to speed just so you can take your insanely pencilled eyebrows to whatever destination you so desperately wanted to get to.

27/08/2013 at 23:40

Dustin surely anything less than 2 hours is just popping out for a bit of a run?

28/08/2013 at 07:41

womble - precisely

So why did you leave your 3 year old unattended by a swimming pool?

28/08/2013 at 08:20
Dustin- I saw a lady at parkrun on Saturday with 2 bottles! And an. iPod of course.
Cake    pirate
28/08/2013 at 11:03

Dear motorist

While I appreciate being stuck in traffic is frustrating and also while I understand it must be annoying watching cyclist’s wiz part you. Can I point out the following as to why blocking me off and also shouting at me to use the cycle lane was inappropriate.

First off yes your right peniston road does have a cycle lane running parallel with it. The lane in question started after I joined the road from Leppings lane so I was unable to go straight on to it. Let’s assume for the sack of argument that I was, it has several blind corners on it that are entrances for major business’s so if you are not careful you could be pottering along and find yourself flatted by a truck. It also at times becomes a mixed cycle and pedestrian zone with very little space to avoid the pedestrians and also cross’s several roads without traffic lights to be able to cross safely. Generally it’s unsafe and a complete waste of public money, the person who designed it should be flogged and forced to cycle it daily to ensure when they next get the pencil’s out they don’t waste all are time. Travelling on that cycle path at 20 to 25 miles an hour my normal commuting speed would quite right get me done for dangerous driving and probably kill ever myself or someone else.

Secondly while you were focusing on blocking be off and shouting at me you won’t in any way watching the road. This could have been a problem and could have caused an accident as well as possibly making me late for work. This is why I didn’t stop to tell you these things and instead dangously mounted the pavement to escape you. The vast majority of driver’s around here are polite courteous and also safe. It’s unfortunate you are not.

28/08/2013 at 11:29

Cockwomble. I had a driver cut in front of me yesterday, without indicating, whilst I was doing 70mph on the motorway. Significant braking and heart pounding ensued. Some drivers are just knob-ferrets.

28/08/2013 at 16:24

Told you. This could have been sorted out weeks ago if you had listened. Twat.

28/08/2013 at 20:19
If I'm running for over an hour I take a thermos and a packed lunch.
29/08/2013 at 00:44

Just because your group "trains here every Monday and Wednesday" it doesn't mean that you own the local, public track and can dictate to another group which lanes they can use. And how much do you know about track training if you can't even work out that the curved line for the start of a one mile race doesn't mean it's still a mile if you want us all to stay in the outside lanes. 

15,221 to 15,240 of 16,341 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.