Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

15,241 to 15,260 of 16,416 messages
14/08/2013 at 14:46

Not only do you label your food - you label it with your surname (despite your first name being unique on this floor) and department. Why not add your email address and have done with it? Weirdo.

Cake    pirate
14/08/2013 at 14:47

Just being devil’s advocate it’s still significantly less that the % price rise in fares which has gone up each year. Know there are reasons for some of that but still the union has just as much right to ask for more as must. Just remember we are all in this together.

14/08/2013 at 15:30

Cake, it's sometimes hard to remember that when the train drivers who we rely on to get to work in the first place go on strike over a rise which is significantly more than many people will see.

Again.

14/08/2013 at 15:36

I'm not getting much of a pay rise this year so I don't think anyone else should either. Especially if I'm not in a union or in whatever other way haven't bothered to get organized. Instead of looking to others getting a decent deal and pointing to that as an example that it can be done, I'd rather moan on the sidelines.

Cake    pirate
14/08/2013 at 15:54

Wilkie I don't disagree with that but as muttley said. I might get a pay rise this year but thinking it will be meaningless the way it's going.

14/08/2013 at 16:01

I don't want to admit it but I think we both know what is coming 

14/08/2013 at 16:36

You don't need it, you've even been advised you don't need it - but hey ho, you're hanging on to it anyway...... same goes for another situation when several people advised you the right course of action, you completely ignored their advice, blindly carried on, and look what happened??? You're clueless, stubborn and always think you know best.

15/08/2013 at 00:22

But we're all probably a lot better off than so many people. We got an e-mail at work today from a Lithuanian who arrived in London on 1 August looking for work. He hasn't got a job and all his money is gone. He actually said he doesn't want to take advantage of our system but simply work. He was having to sleep at a railway station. He thought it would be better here than in Lithuania 

15/08/2013 at 12:41

Please stop telling me you're going to be in at a certain time and then not appearing.  I need to go out and do something work-related, but I can't leave the office until you arrive, and since you said you'd be in at 12 I've arranged things in order to be out by now, therefore I am now wasting time.  Grr. 

(Yes, I am v grateful that I have a job, and this is a very minor irritation.)

15/08/2013 at 13:29

Well done for sleeping your way around the company. Now I've been saddled with you because nobody else will work with you. As my employee, to my knowledge, you've already undermined me to my management 3 times in one week. You will probably be the reason I leave this company in exactly two months after I've received my next bonus, and all because my company won't sack you as you had relations with our married CEO. Well done for being an independent woman. Well done you.

15/08/2013 at 18:17

Lady in the expensive looking running kit with a phone glued to your ear.

If you arrive at a running track and someone is running around it in lane 1, it is discourteous to start some kind of walking exercise in the same lane. You walk at about 3 mph, I am doing 800m intervals at almost nine miles per hour. Do the math.

15/08/2013 at 19:06

I was always told that you shouldn't train in lane one.

Edited: 15/08/2013 at 19:06
15/08/2013 at 20:28

Open your eyes!

15/08/2013 at 20:29

You really have no idea about the world do you.  Fuckwit.

15/08/2013 at 21:51

Nice young man, I know you probably passed your driving test last week, but please learn that cyclists can do over 20mph downhill. Therefore do not pull out of a driveway and turn right, taking your time getting into the road, causing me to jam on the brakes, you had clearly seen me, as I had you. Lesson - if in doubt, do not do it.

And yes I did catch up with him later at traffic lights, knocked on his window and gave him a piece of my mind in a few choice words.

15/08/2013 at 22:10

Given the ongoing problems with child welfare issues, including the recent case in which a little boy was murdered by his mother and her partner, do you really think it acceptable to deliver training in 'Safeguarding children' by way of handing us a leaflet? Having us sign a slip that says we've read it does not constitute any sort of meaningful training. Bloody hell!!!

15/08/2013 at 22:49

Yup, it was a good idea to be really aggressive towards that copper.  I wonder why you were arrested. It's not like there were 500 witnesses or anything. Isn't Manchester ace. 

16/08/2013 at 00:41

No, whatever I say to you, I am not OK.

16/08/2013 at 12:32

Dear thief: next time you steal my Walnut Whip you might find it has had some extra ingredients added to it. 

16/08/2013 at 14:16

Please think before you say some things. Last night you accused your son of doing something and today it was my turn. When you stopped to think about what you said you realised what you had said was wrong, both last night and today. In both cases you should not have been surprised that we both argued our case back to you. So, 1) think what you want to say and 2) say it. That is all

15,241 to 15,260 of 16,416 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.