Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

15,341 to 15,360 of 16,057 messages
30/08/2013 at 13:43

Dear Mr.Gove:

I was strongly tempted to trip you up wen I walked past you the other week.

If it happens again I might well do it, you warmongering little piece of shit.

30/08/2013 at 16:11

So glad that while I'm helping you with your work you can find time to sit around talking.

Well f*ck it. I'm finished for the day.

30/08/2013 at 16:37
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dear Mr.Gove:

I was strongly tempted to trip you up wen I walked past you the other week.

If it happens again I might well do it, you warmongering little piece of shit.

Trip him up? You are a gentle soul ! 

Cake    pirate
30/08/2013 at 17:36

All jokes aside because I think you guys have a very different view point on the vote last night than me. Please trip him up you will be doing the kids of this country a favour before he conpleatly f*ck's up all the schools in this country. That tw*t still thinks it's the 1950's 

31/08/2013 at 12:55

The outcome of the vote on Syria was the outcome that the majority of ukish people actually wanted. 

Now can we have vote on whether or not we should bomb Israeli weapon facillities   the next time that they flout international law by invading and flattening the Gaza Strip?? I kick the voting off with a Hell Yeah!! 

31/08/2013 at 18:28

You're threatening us with lawyers. Our reply is that given in the case of Arkell vs Pressdram.

iron fraggle    pirate
31/08/2013 at 21:11

^^  nice one Mutts 

01/09/2013 at 02:48

Cycling on main roads in dark clothing at night with no lights doesn't make you clever. It makes you a moron who may well die soon. Please grow up.

02/09/2013 at 08:17

Dear fashion magazines: it doesn't matter how any models, actresses or other celebs you put into an oversized coat that looks like it used to belong to Giant Haystacks, I won't be convinced it looks good. It's fecking dire.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
02/09/2013 at 10:09
Flob wrote (see)

The outcome of the vote on Syria was the outcome that the majority of ukish people actually wanted. 

How do you know such things ? Did anyone ask the majority of the UKish people ?

02/09/2013 at 11:25

So this all-singing, all-dancing brand spanking new system can't actually cope with the workload required. Can it?

02/09/2013 at 12:08

Barking 'wi fi' at me does not constitute a request or a question.  I am not going to leap to sort it out for you unless you can manage to address me in a full sentence.  Also shut up, you are loud to the point where you have given me a headache so bad I can't see properly.

02/09/2013 at 12:15

Have I got 5 minutes? No, not while I'm eating my lunch. Fuck off.

Cake    pirate
02/09/2013 at 12:21
Flob wrote (see)

Now can we have vote on whether or not we should bomb Israeli weapon facillities   the next time that they flout international law by invading and flattening the Gaza Strip?? I kick the voting off with a Hell Yeah!! 

The majority of the uk doesn’t know or understand the issue’s and is still confusing the situation with that of Iraq 10 years ago. Every time anyone tries to talk about it the Israeli situation is used to talk over what is happening and what it happening is a ethnic bloodbath and genocide, even before chemical weapons started to be the story.

The uk does not give military aid to Israel the US does so please get your facts right before hand. This has been a big part of why you have had so much abuse of people on the other thread. The uk has on many occasions both aided the Palestine authority both independently and through to EU to help them set up their country. And has put pressure on Israel to stop there part of the human rights abuses in the region. Israel is one side of a separate but connected issue in the middle east the other side being Syria and Iran aiding the extremist’s on the other side of that crime and helping them target civilians it’s a complicated and f*cked up issue that has for years seen both side’s commit human rights abuses.

The situation is Syria is not the same issue and unlike the Iraq war is not the western US/UK going alone regardless of international law but the with the full backing and urging of the Arab League and with clear international law precedents the best example from the top of my head being when Vietnam invaded Cambodia unless you think the killing fields where an internal Cambodian issue?  

Personally I’m more than happy that the uk giving the Syria people blankets and bullets to try to keep themselves alive and the vote and debate last week had more to do with uk polities i.e. labour sticking it to cameran and cameran trying to show he is a world leader by making the ote before the UN report had been made than anything to do with the crisis. I have not as yet been convinced that direct military action by other nations will do anything but make the situation worse but if a clear mandate is given and if the UN can come to agreement on this issue I have no problems with this.  

Basically as bill hicks once said I’m quite happy to pay that each penny on petrol knowing little brown kids aren’t being clubbed to death like baby seals.

I think a lot of the talk of the uk involving itself with Syria is due to people not liking the thought of war guess what I don’t ever but a few people are holding their hands to their ears right now and going laa laa laaa I’m not listening hoping what’s being said isn’t true because if it is then that might be a issue for there conscience?

There is a big difference between not wanting to go to war and looking the other way when bad things happen there by being conplist in them. Please think before replying and engage instead of just assuming because they disagree they must be a tory or worse. I've been a labour voter all my life and a paid up member and activist before I resigned when I saw what new labour had become.

04/09/2013 at 07:43

Reading the standard yesterday prompted these two:

Deloitte sports 'expert' predicts a 100million player soon. No sh*t. It needs an expert to think of that as likely?

Jo Malone. Top work and I wish you every success with your perfume range. More importantly where are these mugs that think 150 quid for a candle is a great bargain. I can get them some top of the range asics for 2 grand. Any takers?

04/09/2013 at 08:49

I've never understood the whole Jo Malone thing.

I do know she sold out (to Estee Lauder?) and entered into this weird agreement where she couldn't trade or even endorse anything for 5 years.

Clearly the payoff must have made it worth it but she's obviously still not got enough money so she's making a comeback. I mean I've nothing against her or anyone in business but the prices are obscene. I reckon the markup on a £75 candle must be at least 500%, probably more.

Edited: 04/09/2013 at 08:52
04/09/2013 at 08:54

Who is Jo Malone?

04/09/2013 at 10:22

Screamy - yeah she signed an agreement to stay out of the market as part of the deal, as you say for 5 years. I don't think (for her) its just about the money, more that she wanted to do something. I agree, good luck to her, if there are enough mugs out there....
My wife would think I've got fkin mental if I bought her a candle, let alone if it was one for over a hundred quid. Four of those or a gucci watch. Let me think.

04/09/2013 at 10:33

If you say one day something will happen then you can never be wrong can you? Pele is treated like a genius for saying one day an African side will win the World Cup. 

04/09/2013 at 12:40
Cinders wrote (see)

Who is Jo Malone?

Perfumes, candles. In classily dicreet packaging. All very "Chelsea".

15,341 to 15,360 of 16,057 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.