Things you want to say but can't

A chance to get it off your chest

141 to 160 of 16,413 messages
01/09/2010 at 02:26

No you don't work for Sky so stop trying to sell me dodgy insurance and feck off and stop ringing

Oh no wait I did say that

OK I signed up for my 2nd ever marathon queue usual comment re the "bug" - No I haven't got a bug, I'm not diseased just trying to stay healthy so stop pretending like you're sorry for me and feck off you condescending git

LIVERBIRD    pirate
01/09/2010 at 07:42

Dear person who just called me in the middle of something...

No I won't confirm my date of birth and first line of my address. You rang ME. I didn't ask to speak to you and now you're saying you can't talk to me further about what you called about.

Good. So sod off and don't call again. Put it in the mail.

01/09/2010 at 07:52

some good 'uns here.

personally  I struggle with finding something I wish I could say etc because I always say what I think or feel (however daft). I find phoney politeness irritating and cannot see the need.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
01/09/2010 at 08:08
You CAN'T always say what you really mean Stu! What if it's really hurtful?
01/09/2010 at 08:16
Why don't you try walking round the park with your dog instead of standing near the gate and throwing the ball 15 feet for 5 mins, I'm sure your dog would be happier if you took it for a long walk up in the dales or along the canal bank for 2 hours, and it won't do you any harm either.....
01/09/2010 at 10:08
Good morning. I'd like to pay in this cheque please. And that is all I want to do, to pay in the cheque. I do not want household contents or travel insurance. I do not want a new credit card. I am not interested in your range of ISAs or your fixed-interest bonds. If you provided just the service I requested and forewent the endless sales spiel for your crappy financial products for which I have no desire or need, I would have spent half the time in the queue that I did. And while I'm at it, this branch opens at 9:30 every morning except for this morning, when it opens for some inexplicable reason at 10. You do this solely to catch me out and cause maximum inconvenience and I would happily switch my account to another bank except that you're all as crap as each other. And I expect to see my money credited today, not in a week's time due to your greedy and self-interested clearing programme.
01/09/2010 at 10:16
Dear people with ipods who are still wearing the crappy little headphones supplied by Apple. Why? Do you not like music? Do you not want to actually hear bass on your tunes? Here's a thought, why not invest in a nice new pair, with a bit of bass response and noise leakage reduction thrown in? Perhaps then you wouldn't inflict tinny versions of your vile taste in music on me when I'm on the train or indeed standind next to you in a lift.  
01/09/2010 at 10:17
Dear people with iPods who insist on wearing them in races .... oops, sorry, wrong thread
01/09/2010 at 10:18
This thread is brilliant, my colleague who i mentioned yesterday for throwing up into his mug has moved desks. 
01/09/2010 at 10:27
When I answer the phone at work after the recommended 2 rings with the standard Good morning/afternoon *insert name of company* and you say to me "Is that *insert name of company*" I'll give you a clue, if it wasn't *insert name of Company* I would've f*cking said something else when I answered the phone.   I speak very clearly when I answer the phone as it is part of my job so please pay attention f*ckwit!!! 
Lee the Pea    pirate
01/09/2010 at 10:37
CazSoul wrote (see)
When I answer the phone at work after the recommended 2 rings with the standard Good morning/afternoon *insert name of company* and you say to me "Is that *insert name of company*" I'll give you a clue, if it wasn't *insert name of Company* I would've f*cking said something else when I answered the phone.   I speak very clearly when I answer the phone as it is part of my job so please pay attention f*ckwit!!! 

Yeah that gets on my tits too.  I always answer in a similar fashion, and say my name, then people ask to speak to me and I say 'speaking' and feel slightly deflated that i've had to say that because it means, yet again, folk just aren't listening....
LIVERBIRD    pirate
01/09/2010 at 10:41

Did someone say sommat....

01/09/2010 at 10:50
CazSoul wrote (see)

ARRRRRGH!!! That drives me NUTS

I will even leave a pause when I pick up the phone so people can realise I've picked up the phone and start to listen and they STILL don't hear me - WHY DID YOU RING IF YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED????!!!!!

Edited to say - i'm really not an agro person but i do really like this thread - I felt so much calmer on the drive in this morning

Edited: 01/09/2010 at 10:50
01/09/2010 at 11:01

Muttley,  some banks are better than others - my Halifax branch not only opens at 8.00 am most mornings, it also has machines that allow you to pay in cheques

No queue, and no sales chat.  Result

Sorry - that's not really in the spirit of the thread!

Um.....  I did want to say to a woman walking along with an umbrella up when it was no longer raining, that it wasn't raining any more.  But I didn't.

Edited: 01/09/2010 at 11:03
Lee the Pea    pirate
01/09/2010 at 11:04
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

Did someone say sommat....

Shut it you!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
01/09/2010 at 11:14

She is WELL better looking than you are! Do you have an enormous penis or a sparkling personality?

*edited because Wilkie's about!

Edited: 01/09/2010 at 11:15
LIVERBIRD    pirate
01/09/2010 at 11:17

You know these T-shirts you get that say things like "Thank your girlfriend for me" or "I'm an animal in bed"???

Make you look like a complete tosser.

And please don't wear things with F**K on the front because I hate them and little children can read too.

01/09/2010 at 11:23
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
You CAN'T always say what you really mean Stu! What if it's really hurtful?

generally don't think anything really hurtful but will say what I think and "own" it. Not easy at times though 
gingerfurball    pirate
01/09/2010 at 11:36

Dear John on the answering machine -please do what it says and leave a number - I know more than one John and I'm not ringing them all up to see if it's you - and I know you said "hello...it's John from Donegal - ring me back" - but that doesn't really narrow it down that much either.

Thank you 

Lee the Pea    pirate
01/09/2010 at 12:17
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)

She is WELL better looking than you are! Do you have an enormous penis or a sparkling personality?

*edited because Wilkie's about!

Is that directed at me?   Might be true right enough anyway.....  Or did someone I have on ignore just post something after me?

BTW I don't have an enormous penis, though i wouldn't mind finding a man with one of those attached.  i know some enormous penises though

141 to 160 of 16,413 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.