This year the forums have taught me...

9 messages
28/12/2012 at 21:11

1. I can't get a lift to Silverstone.

2. American football is being streamed LIVE!!! 

3. That the best training plan is to find a skinny black guy and follow him. 

What have you learnt this year?

29/12/2012 at 07:30
Despite all the protestations to the contrary, running is all about marathons. All other distances are just training.
29/12/2012 at 07:47

and Marathons are training for Ultras

29/12/2012 at 12:15
1. The world really didn't end, and will not end for many many years

2. Marathons are bad (but I'm still going to do one)

3. Running in the rain is fun

4. Everyone uses the forums for pain diagnosis instead of a medical professionals
Edited: 29/12/2012 at 12:16
seren nos    pirate
29/12/2012 at 12:20

How to avoid having bleeding nipples, chaffed lady garden/ meat and two veg... blistered feet.....sore calves.......tight ITB.....niggling achillies.........and neck chaffing.............

yet i think the simpler answers would be to give up running and triathlon 

29/12/2012 at 21:04

from this forum?

to slow down and i'll get faster..made me  but it worked, smashed all my pbs this year

29/12/2012 at 21:29

That runners don't run. We spend all day on the forums instead. 

30/12/2012 at 18:33
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

1. I can't get a lift to Silverstone.

Could you point me in the direction of the thread where you learnt that?

I was hoping to get dropped off at Silverstone when doing the half marathon in March?

30/12/2012 at 19:26
Work at your mileage slowly don't over do it. Work and concentrate on all your muscles in your body core,legs,abs,arms. I have learnt you cant just run and run you have to strengthen your whole body to prevent injury and to be a better and stronger runner.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.