1,001 to 1,020 of 1,543 messages
28/11/2011 at 15:42
From not liking Chelsee at the beginning, she has now turned into my favourite

I would now like the 'leaving' order to be

Robbie
Alex
Holly
Harry
Jason (very close to 1st though if not for him , for Kristina)
Chelsee
28/11/2011 at 16:11

Happy enough that Anita has gone, and as nice as Robin is, I think she'd have been better if she'd had Brendan from the start.

Holly is better than the bottom two - maybe just behind the top 3 of Harry, Jason and Chelseeee (in no particular order - can't get really excited about any of them, despite them all being technically good).

Robbie probably next to go, on dance merit (what on earth was Ola thinking about, putting the footie shorts bit in - the dance wasn't too bad until then), but he may get some sympathy votes next week.  Poor lad was in pieces on the news.

Although Alex isn't technically good, she's more interesting than the "better" dancers, so I hope she gets a couple more weeks at least.

We now record the lot, and skip through all the "training" bits - just too tedious for words.

Hopefully someone will take a jump forward this week and get things going - I agree with IW that it's all a bit flat this year.

29/11/2011 at 07:58

I think it's a bit flat too. Perhaps we need Aliona to spice it up with a bit more bonkers choreography?

None of them are outstanding really and only Alex and Robbie seem to be having real fun with it now. I'm still rooting for Jason, though only because of the fab-u-lous Kristina.

29/11/2011 at 09:26
I, too,  agree  about it being very flat this year. There have been no really outstanding dancers, although Harry and Chelsee have come on nicely over the past few weeks - so much for the hype at the beginning of the series when everyone was saying 'it was the best ever Strictly'. On the contrary, in some ways it's been the worst: too many props, not enough proper dancing, too many themed evenings, stupid training videos........ So sad to see a fantastic programme go down the pan!
29/11/2011 at 10:14
Sqwark wrote (see)
I, too,  agree  about it being very flat this year. There have been no really outstanding dancers, although Harry and Chelsee have come on nicely over the past few weeks - so much for the hype at the beginning of the series when everyone was saying 'it was the best ever Strictly'. On the contrary, in some ways it's been the worst: too many props, not enough proper dancing, too many themed evenings, stupid training videos........ So sad to see a fantastic programme go down the pan!

+1
29/11/2011 at 10:57

+1

they really are in danger of ruining it IMO

29/11/2011 at 16:13

Not sure if it is that flat although I know what you mean.

However I still think that Harry is just quiet, unusual for a drummer, but he can dance well. If he was running around shouting and screaming and saying how great he was then some of you might take that for personality and personally i wouldn't. That Quick Step was frankly superb and up there with previous season dances although it is the first one to really hit the heights.

I did see somebody say it doesn;t compare to Halfpenny's Jive. I totally agree but not sure any dance will EVER better that. It was just superb and better than a lot of the pros (the ballroom ones anyway)

I DO agree that stupid videos, overuse of props (the hats on Alex and James's Charleston were the first that were appropriate to the dance), too many themed evenings are an issue.

I think Harry, Chelsee and Jason are looking likeliest top three. Holly is close and Alex can be on some dances and might just go there way. Robbie really should go.

Whilst I have sympathy for how he will be feeling this week, I hope he doesn't get a sympathy vote. It should be on the dancing but I hope Craig is mindful of how Robbie might be feeling when doing his critique this week. Be fair but don't twist the knife.

I do think he should have gone this week and was surprised Anita didn't get some sympathy vote for having to change partner.

Down to six now. Are they having to do two dances each this week.? Actual dances I mean, I didn't really count the Swingathon last week.

29/11/2011 at 17:11

They're just doing one dance this week, BTB. I'm still holding out for an Exorcist inspired film dance from one of them 

They'll have to go to 2 dances next week otherwise it'll be a v. short programme!

29/11/2011 at 17:28
To add my £0.02 worth... I thought Anita was much better, having spent a week being worked on by Brendan. He seemed to have worked on her posture so she looked like a dancer rather than a scarecrow. It was a shame to see her go but the competition is getting tough.

Craig was an arse by undermarking Alex and I'd like to have seen him justify himself to Claudia. I wonder if he's taking his dislike of James out on Alex.
29/11/2011 at 23:33
+3 or 4 for Sqwark too!!

Although I still love it and enjoy watching it, none of it is wowing me really, the only dances I have rewatched are Jason & Kristina's QS & and the one where they did the Priscilla bit. Also watched Chelsee's QS too.

Unlike some of the previous years when I could watch some of those routines time after time - sound like Cyndi Lauper there
03/12/2011 at 11:19

BOING!

So what are people's predictions for this weekend?

Jason: will finish top as I think he has the best song choice and will do the AS well

Harry: will struggle slightly with the rumba and I think Aliona will do too much over-dancing around him

Chelsee: she will v. nearly nail the jive but I think Pasha may have made it too difficult for her to keep up. Scared of what costumes/make up they're going to end up with!

Holly: she looks as though the paso is going to suit her and she'll do a good job. Still think it won't be enough to save her from going home

Alex: not sure how her AS is going to work with a Reservoir Dogs theme, maybe one of the lifts is going to take off an ear

Robbie: I think the QS is going to be a good dance for him. I hope he can enjoy it as it's going to be a sad occasion for him

03/12/2011 at 11:33

Robbie to go for me - he is the weakest dancer left and it is his time. I do hope he doesn't get the sympathy vote.

I was also surprised that Anita didn't get the sympathy vote last week and thought she danced better with Brendan.

03/12/2011 at 11:40
Agree Slugsta that Robbie is the weakest dancer left and in an ideal world either he or Alex would go this weekend for me. But he's not even been in the bottom 2 yet even when he's been at the bottom of the leaderboard. I think he must have a lot of people voting for him even before sympathy comes into it.
03/12/2011 at 12:43

I thought Harry's Rumba looked quite good in training, so he might do better than most male celebs with it. I amused myself yesterday by looking at Matt and Aliona's rumba from last year, and found myself thinking, "phwoar!"

03/12/2011 at 18:34

I thought Robbie was dancing to the song from Reservoir Dogs? Isn't Alex doing Pretty Woman?

My predictions -

Jason: will do well with the character and acting part of the dance, but I still have a strong suspicion that he will choke and mess up some of the more technical parts. 

Harry: agree with Little Nemo, I think he may struggle and that Aliona will do too much flouncing around him to disguise it. I don't usually like the rumba anyway, I find a lot of the dances really uncomfortbale to watch. 

Chelsee:in training it looked as though she was struggling to keep up, but I think she will give it a good go. 

Holly: I think she will do a good job with the paso, but I'm not expecting her to set the stage alight. Looking forward to it, paso is one of my favourite dances.

Alex: I think she'll probably do a decent job, but I agree that it is time for her or Robbie to go. 

Robbie: He's more suited to ballroom than Latin (ANYTHING will be better than the sleazy dance he did last week!) and the lifts in his other routines have been quite good. But he may suffer tonight because of everything that is going on. Poor guy

I think it will be either Robbie or Holly to go this week, although I would prefer if it was Robbie or Alex - I'm a bit bored of her now, I don't think she has much more to give and would rather spend the remaining weeks watching WOW routines than competent ones. 

03/12/2011 at 18:40

Nearly time - just letting the wine breathe but not opened the pringles yet.

And my sister has just phoned to say she's got us both tickets for the live tour!  

03/12/2011 at 19:07
Evening    budge up!
03/12/2011 at 19:09

Oops I got the films mixed up! You're right xine, Robbie is doing Reservoir Dogs

Argh! Pasha is dressed as Shrek and Artem looks like he's wearing a gimp mask!!!

03/12/2011 at 19:12
That was fun and Ola looks fabulous in that trouser suit
03/12/2011 at 19:18
LN Mr B thought she would have been better in a catsuit *rolls eyes* They did ok but it is time for Robbie to go.

Pasha ... haha
1,001 to 1,020 of 1,543 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.