Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Or start a new one for 2011?

1,221 to 1,240 of 1,567 messages
10/12/2011 at 20:19
I am going to try really, really hard not to look at the spoiler tonight, so I can get all tense watching the show tomorrow..............

..........but I can't promise anything
10/12/2011 at 20:49

Be strong Saffy, it's the last one!

I'll be going Internet-free from now on to make sure I don't catch it by accident. See you all at 6:55 tomorrow

10/12/2011 at 21:00
We're running a bit behind but thought I'd drop in to say WTF are the judges on? 40 for Chelseeeee? Soooooo wrong. It wasn't a patch on Harry's v waltz and not even as good as Holly's paso. Harry's v waltz brought me to tears and should have been the first 40 of the series.
10/12/2011 at 21:04
Harry was definitely best tonight. I agree Holly's Paso was better than Chelsee's, but I think Chelsee Is great and must get to the final
10/12/2011 at 21:04
Completely agree with you about Harry's Viennese Waltz! Made me tear up a bit too
10/12/2011 at 21:07
Just seen Jason's Argentine Tango. That deserved 40. Stunning.

I want to see Harry and Chelseeeeee in the final and I'm torn over the last place. On tonight's performance Jason deserves to be in but I prefer Holly.
10/12/2011 at 22:28

Some great dances tonight, especially from Harry.

I do agree that Cheleseeeee's paso was not as good as Holly's but I still think C should be in the final, along with Harry. Jason for me for the third finals place - especially as I didn't like Holly's Charleston - but who knows how the 'public' will vote?!

I have just realised that I have accepted an invitation for next Saturday evening so will miss the live final!

10/12/2011 at 22:34
10/12/2011 at 22:42
B..........you looked
10/12/2011 at 22:45
maaaybeeee
10/12/2011 at 22:47
oooooh, now I'm tempted
10/12/2011 at 22:54

Mmmm, me too. Definitely Harry and Chelseeeeeee. Also prefer Holly but think it 'should' be Jason.

I thought Holly looked really tired on her Charleston. Which is just what you don't want on something so high energy and cheerful. Outfit did her no favours either - made her look beefy and even spoiled the line of her fabulous legs.

I have the feeling she struggles the most with the tiredness factor in training, and tonight that carried through to performance - not quite sure why but suspect it's to do with her body type. - you see it in athletes/runners after all - some peeps can take massive loads of high intenstiy stuff, others are better with little and often, others with a long slow burn. (I'm a sprinter and jumper and I train very differntly from distance runners f'rinstance)

I don't think it's any coincidence that Harry and Chelseeeeeeee are the youngest and fittest. I think Harry's athleticism is one (just one!) of the things that make his dancing so good.

And that waltz was quite lovely. Properly romantic again. He makes it look so easy  - which we all know is far from the truth.

I don't understand why Chelseeeee's Paso was better than Holly's either. Only by one point though.

Once again confidence played a big part. Chels doesn't have much in herself, but once she has the music and the costume and the steps she seems to immerse herself in it. I don't even think she is a very good actress in the normal run of things. It's the music wot does it for her!

At first I thought Kristina was doing all the work in the Tango - but they cranked it up - and If there's one thing J can do it's intensity after all!

10/12/2011 at 22:56

Oi! I might be new round here - on this thread at least - but pleeeeeeeeeese no telling.

Or even hinting!

10/12/2011 at 23:02
we won't, we never do!! *takes offence* ... not really

I am always surprised that more of the celebs don't get into really good shape before starting something like Strictly. The ones that come in fit (like Kara, Colin Jackson, and so on) usually do better ... of course there are exceptions ... Mark Foster!!
10/12/2011 at 23:11

Yeah but I seem to remember Mark Foster's main problem was that he A) was as stiff as a board B) had no musicality and C) was as stiff as a board.

10/12/2011 at 23:16
haha When his partner saw him I think she thought she was onto a winner, but as soon as he danced she must have been soooo disappointed ... he was no Colin Jackson that's for sure
11/12/2011 at 09:19

Morning

So far, I have resisted peeping

11/12/2011 at 09:32

I'm going to disable the DS spoiler thread - you can't cheat at the final 3!

11/12/2011 at 10:32
I won't actually be in this evening to watch the results show. Mr S suggested that I record it and watch when I get back, but the only reason for watching the show is to get the results - so I might just head over to DS to look at the spoiler ...
iron fraggle    pirate
11/12/2011 at 13:55

Hmmm.  I enjoyed the show last night, but I'm still annoyed about Jason getting 40 for his AT. For me he didn't dance enough - it was a bit too much Kristina Kristina Kristina for my liking, and not showing off hs skills enough.  If you watch Ramps and Karens AT, then they really don't compare

]

I think '40' is enough to get him into the final, and it's a shame as, although he's maybe the better dancer, I preferred watching Holly. (Jason is too earnest/pompous, and i just wish he'd shut up sometimes!)

loved Chelseeeee's Paso - and loved the 'Oh if I must' look on Craigs face as he dusted off the '10'

1,221 to 1,240 of 1,567 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.