Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Or start a new one for 2011?

1,541 to 1,560 of 1,567 messages
10/09/2012 at 18:39
Been up to the Athletes Parade today and saw Lewis (cor!). I did shout 'good luck for Strictly' but don't think he heard me (it was rather noisy)
10/09/2012 at 19:42
ooh feel a bit embarrassed, it's Louis not Lewis
10/09/2012 at 20:42

Oh my goodness - me again - just seen that Colin Salmon is in it.  I remember him from Prime Suspect, he was just gorgeous.  I feel a lot of perving coming on 

10/09/2012 at 21:16

I saw Colin Salmon in a local shop once, gorgeous man 

I predict Jerry Hall will be a diva, Vicky Pendleton will in tears during her first lesson, Michael Vaughan will not be the next Mark Ramprakash, Aliona will get Louis Smith because she has compromising photos of someone high up at the BBC and Denise Van Outen will be voted out early as she is a "ringer"

11/09/2012 at 10:42

Ahh, can't wait! I hope Aliona gets someone good (Louis Smith would be great) - I've really enjoyed her performances over the last two years.

15/09/2012 at 11:09

Hello everyone. Can't wait for this one.  Louis for me.

Time to get the sequins out?

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/622174/622174,1280987812,1/stock-photo-rainbow-sequins-58467712.jpg

Now where's the glitter ball?

15/09/2012 at 12:48

Oops. I started a new thread cos I couldn't find this one....

I'm already rooting for Vicky P. and Louis Smith. I already have it in for Denise Van Oosit. (Not FAIR she was in Chicago. I bet one of you has already pointed this out.)

15/09/2012 at 12:50

I love Vicky P. Never did a girl with so much talent and capacity for hard work wear her heart QUITE so much on her sleeve. I also love Micky Vaughan, and we all know about how well cricketers do.

I suppose I have to keep an open mind about the b listers I have never heard of....

15/09/2012 at 12:51

Err yep ... Little N you pointed out Denise Va Oosit's ringer qualification. Hello!

15/09/2012 at 17:15

Hello Sharkie

I didn't realise she'd been in Chicago, she really is a ringer  I am rooting for Colin, unless he is rubbish!

*unpacks sequins and feather boa from storage*

Just over an hour to go

15/09/2012 at 17:33

Yeah honest - West End and Broadway. Ok it's very much one style of dancing  - but serious stuff and Bob Fosse type choreography is well difficult. I've only ever seen the film - I assume she was in the Renee Z role.

There is a totally brilliant tango in it  - here's a bit of it (not the best bit)

cell block tango

Trogs    pirate
15/09/2012 at 18:29

Here we go

15/09/2012 at 18:38

Squeee!

15/09/2012 at 18:40
Ooo goodie, what a good reason to come out of the wilderness
15/09/2012 at 19:03

Could the Ball genes come into play?

15/09/2012 at 19:05

I can see Victoria and Brendan clashing if she starts going into self-loathing mode, then again I bet she'll work her socks off so she could be great

Trogs    pirate
15/09/2012 at 19:34

H'mm. No glaring disasters in the group show dance. Though the TV presenter chap looked a bit lost at one point

15/09/2012 at 19:38

Yes it didn't really show much, I guess Louis and Flavia should be good and I have a good feeling about VP and Brendan.

15/09/2012 at 19:49

Some things don't change, Bruce is still doddery and Tess wears the oddest dresses.

• Fern and Artem - well he was due a duffer and he has the new pro to make up for it
  • Dani and Vincent - she looks pretty tiny so he was probably the only suitable pro height-wise
  • Victoria and Brendan - obviously his good deeds last year as rent-a-pro have paid off. Hope he doesn't make her cry
  • Sid and Ola - hope he can dance so we don't get her normal dance round them choreography
  • Nicky and Karen - hopefully he's going to be good so she won't go out early
    Johnny and Aliona - hope she doesn't do her normal loopy choreography
  • Kimberly and Pasah - they both have weird hair so a good match
  • Jerry and Anton - I'm surprised, it seems an odd match but at least he's tall enough and she seems like good fun
  • Lisa and Robin - possibly the only man there that can lift her
  • Denise and James - he must know she's going to be voted off early, surely?
  • Michael and Natalie - damn I was hoping Colin would get her
  • Louis and Flavia - should be a good partnership she must be thrilled to get a good one this year
  • Richard and Erin - I'm mesmerised by how big his head is
  • Colin and Kristina - nooooo, she's too short!!!

These 3 weeks are going to feel v. long

15/09/2012 at 19:54

*looks round with a contented sigh*

how very nice to be back again

Only saw the last 15 mins due to silly early start and swim training clash so am really really hoping they put it back - around 7.30 start would mean I didn't miss much.....

I'm routing for Louis as an ex (very very ex several decades ago) gymnast and will make up my mind about the rest as we go along - was agin DVO from the start as I've never been keen on her and now I've been reminded she's a ringer I'm totally agin her!

Anyone know how they're running it this year? Judges vote out, public vote out? 1 show or the fake 2 shows?

1,541 to 1,560 of 1,567 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.