Tips How To Save Your Energy Bills

Compliments From First Utility - Britains biggest independent energy firm

1 to 20 of 34 messages
04/01/2014 at 17:43

- Shower together

- Turn the pressure down when showering

- Microwaving food for two nights a week

- After cooking food in the oven leave the oven door open to help warm the kitchen

- Use toaster and not the oven grill to toast your bread

- Drink two fewer hot drinks a week

- Dry clothes outside or use a clothes horse rather than using a tumble dryer

- Scrape your plates and do not rinse your plates before you put them in the   dishwasher

- Unplug all electrical appliances that you do not use regularly

- Lower your water heater to 50 degree celsius and wash clothes in warm or cold water

- Read a book than watching television

- Play Monopoly or any other family game instead of watching TV

- Go to bed early

04/01/2014 at 17:47

The company recommends cooking in bulk and microwaving the meals for two nights a week as ‘the microwave is a far more  efficient way to heat food than the oven and cooking in bulk could save you £20 a year’.

First Utility says customers should read or play board games rather than watch television,  claiming the reduction in electricity could save £12 a year.

It adds that drying clothes  outside rather than in a tumble dryer could save £38.

Really!

04/01/2014 at 18:12

With all the hot air you produce your energy bills must cost next to nothing.

04/01/2014 at 18:57
Screamapillar wrote (see)

With all the hot air you produce your energy bills must cost next to nothing.

Are you stalking me?

04/01/2014 at 20:02

If you want to read a book then surely you'd need the light on at night or do they suggest reading by candlelight.

Edited: 04/01/2014 at 20:03
04/01/2014 at 20:18

Or they could lower the fecking prices.

04/01/2014 at 21:07

Who do you shower and play Monopoly with if you live on your own?

04/01/2014 at 21:34
Cinders wrote (see)

If you want to read a book then surely you'd need the light on at night or do they suggest reading by candlelight.

Candles are expensive - I'd suggest a wind-up torch.

04/01/2014 at 22:45

You could organise a shower sharing scheme with a neighbour

XX1
05/01/2014 at 09:32

Here's an idea that's cheaper than microwaving...  Two days a week, in the morning wrap your left-overs in foil and pop them on a radiator...  Come the evening they'll be plenty warm enough to eat.

XX1
05/01/2014 at 10:55
XFR Bear wrote (see)

You could organise a shower sharing scheme with a neighbour

That would certainly work if the neighbour looked like Jessie Pavelka

Blisters    pirate
05/01/2014 at 16:46
XX1 wrote (see)

Here's an idea that's cheaper than microwaving...  Two days a week, in the morning wrap your left-overs in foil and pop them on a radiator...  Come the evening they'll be plenty warm enough to eat.

Yeah, nice one, a great suggestion for developing rampant cultures of food poisoning bacteria......or have I been suckered by an obvious troll, XX1 (or should I say Lit)?

Edited: 05/01/2014 at 16:49
seren nos yn canu    pirate
05/01/2014 at 16:49

now sharing a bath can reduce money but surely sharing a shower would use up a lot more money....only one can access the water at any time and all the squirming around trying to get to the water is only going to lead toi one thing.....and the shower could last for a very long time

05/01/2014 at 19:46
Blisters wrote (see)
XX1 wrote (see)

Yeah, nice one, a great suggestion for developing rampant cultures of food poisoning bacteria......or have I been suckered by an obvious troll, XX1 (or should I say Lit)?

I think it may have been a joke.

05/01/2014 at 19:51

I used to work somewhere yonks ago where we would get cold pies out of a machine mid-morning and cellotape them to a radiator to heat them up in time for lunch.

05/01/2014 at 19:59
Speaking from experience Seren ?
05/01/2014 at 20:49

"Here's an idea that's cheaper than microwaving...  Two days a week, in the morning wrap your left-overs in foil and pop them on a radiator...  Come the evening they'll be plenty warm enough to eat."

Won't that work only if the radiators are on? I thought the point was to save money?

06/01/2014 at 08:18

- Shower together

and be late for work

- Turn the pressure down when showering

and smell

- Microwaving food for two nights a week

prepare tasteless food so it doesn't matter if you microwave it

- After cooking food in the oven leave the oven door open to help warm the kitchen

you should always let your oven cool this way (its usually in the manufacturers instructions)

- Use toaster and not the oven grill to toast your bread

eat cereal

- Drink two fewer hot drinks a week

and miss out on a caffeine hit

- Dry clothes outside or use a clothes horse rather than using a tumble dryer

stop washing your clothes and just smell

- Scrape your plates and do not rinse your plates before you put them in the   dishwasher

stop using a dishwasher and do the plates in the sink

- Unplug all electrical appliances that you do not use regularly

if they are switched off they aren't using any electricity

- Lower your water heater to 50 degree celsius and wash clothes in warm or cold water

and go to work smelly

- Read a book than watching television

have sex instead of reading a book

- Play Monopoly or any other family game instead of watching TV

bloody boring when there are only 2 of you, have sex instead

- Go to bed early

have sex

So in reality all Karen wants is to smell and have sex, Somehow can't see that working

06/01/2014 at 12:59

Apparently First Utility increased its prices by 18% last year...

06/01/2014 at 14:43

Unless you live in a tower block...

1 to 20 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.