Today's earworm...

...and the song playing in my head all day today has been...

1 to 20 of 48 messages
gingerfurball    pirate
25/10/2012 at 11:23

...Big Punjana Tea...Big Punjana Tea..etc...UGH!!

I get these stupid earworms all the time...so here's the thread to get rid of your earworm...feel free to drop it off here and rid yourself of it...

25/10/2012 at 11:24

mine is....

25/10/2012 at 11:28

I had Adele singing Skyfall to me all day yesterday.

25/10/2012 at 13:52

I have the gallery theme from Vision On.

25/10/2012 at 16:38

Lonesome Tears by Beck (from the very good album Sea Change).

Not sure why it's there, as I don't think i've heard it in years.

I find if you want to rid yourself of an earworm the best remedy is either the opening bars of Toto's Africa, or failing that: "I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight, never seen you shine so bright..."

You can thank me later.

25/10/2012 at 16:45

I heard Lean on me by Red Box on the radio today and can't seem to get the song out of my head now - I remember hearing it when it was out in the 80s - it had the same effect then - I'm trying to rid myself of it with the above but it's not working

25/10/2012 at 17:09
AgentGinger wrote (see)

Lonesome Tears by Beck (from the very good album Sea Change).

Ooh, that whole album is gorgeous but especially the strings and stuff in that track.  Soaring!  I wish I had the chance to write a Winona-Ryder-break-up album. 

This afternoon's earworm - some weird proggy stuff by Gentle Giant.  They can be hard to dislodge.

25/10/2012 at 17:44

Big Red Combine Harvester (from yesterday's Harvest Festival)

Usually it's something cheesey by Mika in the middle of the night!

25/10/2012 at 19:53

Oh god, mine's awful. It's that 'Lets's go fly a kite' song from Mary Poppins. It's in the latest Sainsbury's advert and it's been on tv so much it's just got right into my head. What makes it worse is I actually work there. And I've been singing the song in work for the last week like some horrible nerdy school swot. I'm sure everyone else in the shop just wants to bash my brains in with a hammer. Aauuuugghhh...

25/10/2012 at 20:35

Pretty Woman.

God help me.

25/10/2012 at 21:15
I once ran a whole marathon humming 'Is this the way to Amarillo' from star to finish. I was about demented with myself by the end...
25/10/2012 at 22:03

I've had various songs fgrom Pulp 'Different Class' this week as I listened to it for the first time in ages on the weekend.

25/10/2012 at 22:05

Is more irritating when it's an annoying song form an advert (go compare anyone!) or chiristmas songs in April!

gingerfurball    pirate
26/10/2012 at 09:16

Todays earworms will mostly cosist of tunes from the musical Chicago as I was at it last night...ANNNND ALLLL THAAAAT JAZZZZZZZ!!

26/10/2012 at 09:32

Best way to get a decent earworm going is to listen something melodic on the iPod on the way to work.  This came on as I was strolling through a gorgeously autumnal Greenwich Park.  (But please hurry up and get rid of all that Olympic horsey shit!)

26/10/2012 at 10:16
Catalin Bond wrote (see)

Is more irritating when it's an annoying song form an advert (go compare anyone!) or chiristmas songs in April!

+1 - I had the song from the Lurpack advert stuck in my head a few days ago "chop, chop, chop, chop, chopping! slice, slice, slice, slice, slicing!" Grr!

I went to Rock n Ride spin class this morning, lots of 80s stadium rock ... now I've got You Give Love A Bad Name by Bon Jovi stuck in my head - much better than Lurpack!

26/10/2012 at 10:27

I wish I got 80s stadium rock in my spin classes.  Bon Jovi's a bit low on the rpm count though, isn't it?  Hill track?

26/10/2012 at 11:22
gingerfurball wrote (see)

Todays earworms will mostly cosist of tunes from the musical Chicago as I was at it last night...ANNNND ALLLL THAAAAT JAZZZZZZZ!!

Rather you than me Ginge. I think that would be my own private hell.

JAZZ HANDS!!!!!!

26/10/2012 at 13:00

Hill track indeed  I've found quite a few classes around with really good music, my favourite was the Hip Hop Ride a few weeks ago - climbing to Salt N' Peppa and Run DMC. Amazing

26/10/2012 at 14:15
The most annoying earworms for me are the theme tunes to the crappy American pre-teen tv programmes my daughter watches on Disney channel. Shake It Up or Good Luck Charlie are particularly persistent.
1 to 20 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.