Tom Daley and Splash..

21 to 30 of 30 messages
10/01/2013 at 14:41

I don't think there was any diving on Jo Brands splash - but then again Alisha Dixon or whatver was on Strictly Ball room dancing without being a dancer!!!

10/01/2013 at 14:57

Exactly

10/01/2013 at 15:15

I spotted Splash in the EPG, but I assumed it was the Tom Hanks film and didn't set it to record.

Was it any good?

10/01/2013 at 16:33

Sterling bit of defence from his mum though:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/10/tom-daley-mother-david-sparkes

10/01/2013 at 21:03

The public slanging match that his mother and David Sparkes are engaged is pretty embaressing. That Daley is tweeting his support of his mother is pretty short sighted on his part.

Can't help but think that Daley is just making a dick of himself, he's presenting a shit program and his mother is fighting his battles for him. The guy needs a decent manager.

10/01/2013 at 21:27

You say it's short sighted but it's all publicity for him - how many other bronze medallists could most of us even name ?   

10/01/2013 at 21:32

No I said publically supporting his mothers attack on Sparkes was shortsighted

10/01/2013 at 22:45

OK you said the public slanging match was embarassing and he's making a dick of himself - but he's in the papers and on TV when most of us couldn't name plenty of our other medallists.   Whether his manager has anything to do with it or not I don't know but he seems to be doing OK out of his career as things are.   

11/01/2013 at 16:24
2wheels wrote (see)

The public slanging match that his mother and David Sparkes are engaged is pretty embaressing. That Daley is tweeting his support of his mother is pretty short sighted on his part.

Can't help but think that Daley is just making a dick of himself, he's presenting a shit program and his mother is fighting his battles for him. The guy needs a decent manager.

If you ask me, it's Sparkes who needs a decent manager or PR person!

13/01/2013 at 08:49

My opinion;

The program is bad. The experts (and Jo Brand) are bland and cliched, the hosts are amaturish, the commentater is a pr!ck, the format is woeful, the circus act diving bits are lame. all in all sh!t!

They should start with video were the celebs are introduced (5 mins) and go trough their training, all the breakdowns and belly flops (15 mins).

Then straight into the live diving, the judges can commentate as they dive and critique during the replays. A quick "how dya think that went?" interview once they get out, get the scores and on to the next celeb dive, and repeat.

Then they all dive again. Best dive scores. Countback for a tie. Top two go through, no phone votes. (that wont happen, got to make ££££££££)

Eddie rightfully went through and Caprice was robbed. It was a travesty.

Can't wait til next week.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.